• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone could borrow me some tDRK?
Would like to participate in testing :)

mso7xrTb5Ppz2vm6QWVmt3AHYxU3jhrNsx

I anonymised 1000 tDRK and client showed Avg Rounds 8/8. Then I sent 900 tDRK to myself, and anonymisation started anew. Now it shows avg rounds with decimals for example Avg Rounds 6.09091/8 and next round, 6.36364/8? What's with the decimals? confusing.

I anonymised 1000 tDRK and client showed Avg Rounds 8/8. Then I sent 900 tDRK to myself, and anonymisation started anew. Now it shows avg rounds with decimals for example Avg Rounds 6.09091/8 and next round, 6.36364/8? What's with the decimals? confusing.
I'm speculating here, but I average rounds sounds to me like it looks at all of your coins, looks at how many rounds each has gone through, and computes an average from it.

The first time your coins are anonymized all of them got the full 8 rounds, so it was 8/8. Then you send some and another round of anonymization occurred. However your coins are in different states now though. Some of your coins are still 8/8 while some may only be 1/8 or what not. So the average rounds your wallet has denominated the current coins will be a decimal until all coins reach the same number of rounds.

I'm speculating here, but I average rounds sounds to me like it looks at all of your coins, looks at how many rounds each has gone through, and computes an average from it.

The first time your coins are anonymized all of them got the full 8 rounds, so it was 8/8. Then you send some and another round of anonymization occurred. However your coins are in different states now though. Some of your coins are still 8/8 while some may only be 1/8 or what not. So the average rounds your wallet has denominated the current coins will be a decimal until all coins reach the same number of rounds.

Yeah, that's correct. Should I change that to a progress bar or something else?

Thanks, yeah that seems like a reasonable explanation. But is that information very user friendly? If I keep my "Darksend Rounds to Use" setting always at 8, then the "Anonymized" value will tell me how many coins have finished 8 rounds. I am really only interested in the current status of the remaining coins moving through darksend - did they hit 8 rounds yet? Instead of "Avg rounds" or in addition to, might be nice to see "Current Rounds Completed".

If folks change their round count setting from 8 to 4, they will have some coins with 8 rounds and some coins finished at 4 rounds. What do I do with that Avg Rounds value? Is it really useful for me to know some average of coins/rounds?

Edit: is it too much information to show the # of anonymized coins for each round count i.e.

Anonymized 1 round: 97 DRK
Anonymized 2 rounds: 0 DRK
Anonymized 8 rounds: 998.884 DRK

Then you can see the coins moving the through each round and also get an overview of your overall "level" of anonymity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's correct. Should I change that to a progress bar or something else?

I do think a simple progress bar (maybe with more detail when moused over) would be best. There have already been a lot of questions about the decimal points... Also, it might be better to remove the Darksend progress text from the overview page. Especially things like "ERROR: not compatible with existing transactions" (forgot the exact wording). Even if that is part of Darksend's normal operation, the word "error" is going to cause a lot of unnecessary concern among normal users.

Not sure if it's a bug or just a misunderstanding on my part. I set "Darkcoin to remain anonymized" at 1000, Darksend rounds to 8. When I checked this morning, I had received a payment of 1000 tDRK and 2000 tDRK from forum members, and I show 1959 DRK anonymized. Status is currently "idle."

If I'm supposed to only have 1000 DRK anonymized, why did it end up doing 1959?

The meaning of number you set is closer to the minimum amount of drk to be anonymized.

Thanks, yeah that seems like a reasonable explanation. But is that information very user friendly? If I keep my "Darksend Rounds to Use" setting always at 8, then the "Anonymized" value will tell me how many coins have finished 8 rounds. I am really only interested in the current status of the remaining coins moving through darksend - did they hit 8 rounds yet? Instead of "Avg rounds" or in addition to, might be nice to see "Current Rounds Completed".

If folks change their round count setting from 8 to 4, they will have some coins with 8 rounds and some coins finished at 4 rounds. What do I do with that Avg Rounds value? Is it really useful for me to know some average of coins/rounds?

Edit: is it too much information to show the # of anonymized coins for each round count i.e.

Anonymized 1 round: 97 DRK
Anonymized 2 rounds: 0 DRK
Anonymized 8 rounds: 998.884 DRK

Then you can see the coins moving the through each round and also get an overview of your overall "level" of anonymity.

You can already see this in coin control -- which is perfect because I doubt everyday users will need all this information and advanced users already use/know how to access coin control. I think a visual aide like a progress bar (maybe with a "45% complete" pop up when you mouse over) makes the most sense.

I noticed the coins move to unconfirmed status occasionally during the darksend process. When I had coins go to unconfirmed, the Avg. Rounds went back to 8/8. Then the next block was written and avg rounds went down to 7.72727/8. If we do end up using status bar, would be nice if it doesn't change from <100% to 100% then back to <100% as each coins move through rounds and are intermittently unconfirmed.

I noticed the coins move to unconfirmed status occasionally during the darksend process. When I had coins go to unconfirmed, the Avg. Rounds went back to 8/8. Then the next block was written and avg rounds went down to 7.72727/8. If we do end up using status bar, would be nice if it doesn't change from <100% to 100% then back to <100% as each coins move through rounds and are intermittently unconfirmed.

Agreed, I also noticed the same thing. Plus, when you see unconfirmed coins come back to your wallet, it's like "Cool, we're almost done" and then they go away again (back into Darksend, next round).

The client is either splitting up a large input or making darksend fee inputs. Maybe it should say "Darksend Split" or "Darksend Fee Creation" ?

Hi Evan,

Thank you for answering this question. I think "Darksend Split" or "Darksend Fee Creation" would be more explanatory to end users than "Payment to yourself".

Can anyone give me tDRK for a masternode please: mg44u3tCqgCQS9K4wTVQdRfmAF1KahM6Pg

I'm going to be checking this thread every 15 - 20 minutes throughout the business day; if somebody wants to send me a fairly large amount of tDRK I can distribute it to those who ask on the thread. Sort of a "manual faucet."

mrAUJXxZ4ZH4cbzx9Yf4V8Y7zP8z86CVBi

eduffield looks like stable/9.13.00 and RC/10.13.00 has different Masternode list.
http://tdrk.poolhash.org/

bI7HrU4.png

MNs on 'stable' list still getting paid though by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back