• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Universal Dividend and Web of Trust for Dashcoin

Do you like a Universal Dividend and a Web of Trust to be incorporated in Dashcoin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

demo

This is just a question.

Universal Dividend means that everyone who owns a dashcoin wallet, he gets a basic income just for beeing a member of the community. This basic income could be from 0 dashcoins to total_dashcoins/members, and this could be a subject to vote.

In order to give a basic income, of course a Web of Trust is needed. Because we have to distinguish dash members that are real persons, and not alternative accounts.

So what do you think about it?

I am talking about Dash, not dashcoin, please forgive my typo in the title.

Last edited:
In order to have a basic income for dash, we have to take care of Sybil attacks, and prove individuality, using a Web of Trust.

But of course we have another possibility and this is http://proofofindividuality.online/

About POIs

POIs (proof-of-individuality) are smart-assets that are hosted on the Ethereum network. They solve one of the hard problems in crypto - how do you prove that a person only has one account within the system ?

Through person-to-person verification. Users are grouped together by random in groups of 5 or so, and every group does a video hangout at the exact same time, that lasts around 10 minutes or so. Users check so that the others in their group aren't doing another hangout at the same time. They then sign each other's POIs and verify them. Once the hangouts are finished and all POIs have been verified, everyone will know that each POI represents a unique human being.

I doubt anybody wants dashcoins.

Even if the dividend was paid in Dash, it is not needed or desirable. POI are not needed either.

sorry.

I doubt anybody wants dashcoins.

Even if the dividend was paid in Dash, it is not needed or desirable. POI are not needed either.

sorry.

Nobody wants dashcoins? Then what are we doing in this forum?:confused:

Could you please explain your talk.
You are talking with conclusions, whitout presenting any argument.

I think a basic income will attract new users, and it is a nice idea for dash coin to evolve.

Last edited:
This is just a question.

Universal Dividend means that everyone who owns a dashcoin wallet, he gets a basic income just for beeing a member of the community. This basic income could be from 0 dashcoins to total_dashcoins/members, and this could be a subject to vote.

In order to give a basic income, of course a Web of Trust is needed. Because we have to distinguish dash members that are real persons, and not alternative accounts.

So what do you think about it?

Sounds like a Prove of Stake coin, but with a fixed amount per wallet instead of proportional to the number of coins at stake.
Interesting, but AFAIK most POS coins failed badly.

Besides this, I could hire loads of Chinese people cheaply (I have friends there) to prove individuality for my hundreds of wallets I would create.

da889b8b_o.png

Nobody wants dashcoins? Then what are we doing in this forum?:confused:

Could you please explain your talk.
You are talking with conclusions, whitout presenting any argument.

I think a basic income will attract new users, and it is a nice idea for dash coin to evolve.
This is a DASH forum mate, not DASHCOIN. They are different Cryptos

Sounds like a Prove of Stake coin, but with a fixed amount per wallet instead of proportional to the number of coins at stake.

Besides this, I could hire loads of Chinese people cheaply (I have friends there) to prove individuality for my hundreds of wallets I would create.
A Dash wallet sweatshop? How cruel... :p

In that case you could divide universal divindend among countries, taking into account the population of the country. You have already started this country division among dashers.

If you hire chinese people , they will have to prove their identity in order to get their basic income. In that case, they will claim that the dash they own (that it is originating from universal dividend) belongs to them, and you could not claim it is yours.

This is why we call it money, because everyone who owns it, he is alone and the only who owns it. "Money" name derives from the Roman Goddes Hera moneta, which means Hera the alone.

So if you hire chinese people, due to the proof of identity that it is required in a universal dividend scheme, you have to allow them to own the money alone, then in that case you do not own it.

Last edited:
What service are these individuals performing for the network? Are they mining, mixing, storing, forwarding, creating anything? No they are not. Simply existing should not be rewarded.

You are wrong. Existing is the more imporant thing, as long as you exist and you are active.
Active means you are doing transactions with your money.

This is how economy works. Dash needs transactions to be made with it, and this can be done by real people who get a basic income.

So basic income should be given to people who are doing transactions regularly.

But why should you get rewarded with extra Dash dust simply because you exist?

But why should you get rewarded with extra Dash dust simply because you exist?

Not simply exist.
Exist and be active, means you are doing transactions with the dash money they give you.

Real transactions, like bying or selling services, bying or selling food or anything like that.

This is how dash economy can become real, and not remain a virtual one.

Last edited:
By the way, my dash wallet crashes whenever sychronization finishes. I run a win32 xp version.
Do you know why this happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back