• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Unable to run dash-qt

jakezeal

I extracted dash-qt to desktop however there is no "Run". It offers "Open" and asks me to search for an application.
Please help.
I am on Ubuntu
Thanks

Thanks! First I must actually get a wallet up and running : ) . I am curious, would a USB ASIC miner work with Dash (effectively)?
No, you will need a graphics card for X11, the guide goes into some depth about this.
For AMD, a R9 290 tri X is a good place to start and for Nvidia GTX 750ti is ok on electricity and reasonable bang per buck.

There is cpu mining possible but only expect around 500 Kilohash per i7 8 thread device typically.

No, you will need a graphics card for X11, the guide goes into some depth about this.
For AMD, a R9 290 tri X is a good place to start and for Nvidia GTX 750ti is ok on electricity and reasonable bang per buck.

There is cpu mining possible but only expect around 500 Kilohash per i7 8 thread device typically.
Okay thanks. Is this something I could do with a gaming laptop?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay thanks. Is this something I could do with a gaming laptop?
Easy way to start is when you manage to install the wallet, goto debug console and enter, setgenerate true
This will start solo mining, and max out your cpu, but be warned it is not optimized and much slower than the guide versions

Easy way to start is when you manage to install the wallet, goto debug console and enter, setgenerate true
This will start solo mining, and max out your cpu, but be warned it is not optimized and much slower than the guide versions

Just started with setgenerate true . To stop I can simply close my wallet? How can I find what my computer is actually doing? The coins will simply be sent to my wallet?

Do you have a tutorial for mining on Ubuntu ? Also can I try with a raspberri pi ?

How much Dash should I expect to mine in say an hour or 12 hours ?

Thanks !

getinfo and you will see your hashrate

If you didn't get your wallet running g yet do this:

Find out what directory dash-qt is located in. Open directory and Right click white area and hit "open in terminal" - if u can't do then open terminal and navigate to the DIrectory.

Once directory is open in terminal type this.
./dash-qt

Dash should open. You can right click the icon and lock it to your ubuntu menu items so you can just click the icon instead of running command every time.

Guys, this is important. On Linux Dash 11 or earlier is easy but Dash 12 shows OPEN not RUN. Now what do we do?

Please stop giving links for DASH 11 because the problem is that DOES NOT work. Only Dash 12 links please

If you didn't get your wallet running g yet do this:

Find out what directory dash-qt is located in. Open directory and Right click white area and hit "open in terminal" - if u can't do then open terminal and navigate to the DIrectory.

Once directory is open in terminal type this.
./dash-qt

Dash should open. You can right click the icon and lock it to your ubuntu menu items so you can just click the icon instead of running command every time.
Guys, this is important. On Linux Dash 11 or earlier is easy but Dash 12 shows OPEN not RUN. Now what do we do?

Please stop giving links for DASH 11 because the problem is that DOES NOT work. Only Dash 12 links please

See my quoted post above.

Just started with setgenerate true . To stop I can simply close my wallet? How can I find what my computer is actually doing? The coins will simply be sent to my wallet?

setgenerate false
to stop wallet from CPU mining

Back