• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Trust Protector 2021 Elections: a public call for Andy Freer to withdraw his candidacy.

Let's just agree to disagree. I am happy with the current arrangement of 60% of the budget going to DCG if that's what RT thinks is best.

Just as war is too important to be left to the generals, Dash is too important to be left to the developers.

protect.jpg

Wow. We definitely dodged a bullet with this trust protector election. DCG friendlies and enemy combatants are split 3-3 according to my calculations. And we removed the DashRetail PO from the trust -- a nice bonus!

It's a great day for Dash.

安迪是对的。
但是他不知道,事实通常是少数人掌握的。
但是他无法将其他任何人变成爱因斯坦。
显然,现在为时已晚

Wow. We definitely dodged a bullet with this trust protector election. DCG friendlies and enemy combatants are split 3-3 according to my calculations. And we removed the DashRetail PO from the trust -- a nice bonus!

It's a great day for Dash.

The election was a total failure

7% participation cannot represent any trust.

The voting period should be extended, until 25% of the masternodes vote.

As usual @vazaki3 you are obsessed with the vote itself and not what it means. Based upon their public statements, it's clear that Mark, Andy and Hilawe are in agreement that DCG should be destroyed. If they had one more ally, they would have had a majority and the ability to do just that.

We have to do a better job next year of encouraging responsible, intelligent and trustworthy people who do not have conflicts of interest or axes to grind to run for trust protector.

My prediction is that Andy Freer is probably going to leave the project again when he realizes that he won't be able to make DCG go away. He wants control of all the development dollars. He's here out of spite. If he truly wanted to help Dash he would not have left the project in the first place.

Last edited:
In that case @Geert , I suggest the elected trust protectors to start doing their duties (can Dash operate without trust protectrs? I think not....).
But at the same time the voting period should be extented until the participation reaches at least 25% (or even more if you say so, lets vote the numbers on it).
By extending the voting period we are safe in case Andy finally becomes a fox, because the electorate preserves its rights to expell him.

Back