• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Trezor for Darkcoin

It should be super easy. The trick is...don't try to use the "restore" option, which will prompt for your seed (FYI, NEVER type your Trezor's mnemonics into any computer--EVER--unless your trezor is lost/broken). What you want to do is simply repeat what you did to set up Electrum-Dash with your Trezor on your home computer the first time. Choose "new wallet" and just enter your pin. Electrum-Dash will then get the master public key from the Trezor and rebuild your Dash HD wallet tree from that. It won't actually be a "new" wallet. It is simply another copy of the same wallet that you have on your other Electrum-Dash with your Trezor.

There should be no problem running multiple instances of HD wallets. Just be careful not to use the import/sweep private key function, because those can only be stored on the local computer and won't carry over, as they cannot be determined from your Trezor's seed.

Thank you - that's exactly what I needed to know!

Thanks. I installed it, but I still do not get how to add DASH to it...

You need to download "Electrum-dash" and then go to "Create new wallet-hardware wallet-trezor" and you're good to go :).

Pablo.

Thanks. I installed it, but I still do not get how to add DASH to it...

You need to download "Electrum-dash" and then go to "Create new wallet-hardware wallet-trezor" and you're good to go :).

Pablo.

Nope Pablo, all your instructions seem correct but do not work with me :)

It also seems to me that the Trezor I purchased (via Amazon because BitPay did not work with my wallet when I was on Satoshi lab site) did not come with a needed software able to recognize Electrum-dash. I posted this image, what Electrum-dash wallet tells me after I go that route earlier. So I am stuck:

http://s9.postimg.org/9w2v618tr/n00b.png

Nope Pablo, all your instructions seem correct but do not work with me :)

It also seems to me that the Trezor I purchased (via Amazon because BitPay did not work with my wallet when I was on Satoshi lab site) did not come with a needed software able to recognize Electrum-dash. I posted this image, what Electrum-dash wallet tells me after I go that route earlier. So I am stuck:

http://s9.postimg.org/9w2v618tr/n00b.png

Hmmm, I'm a bit at a loss to be honest. I think we will have to wait for the more tech savvy members to pitch in.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Pablo.

GreyGhost , I think you are running into problems because you have not setup the Trezor yet. I don't think you can set it up with Electrum. Other users already set it up with Bitcoin before with MyTrezor or the Chrome extension, and that's why they have no problems using Electrum-Dash.

What you need to do is go through the setup process (thoroughly documented on http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-user/settingup.html). You need to use either MyTrezor or the Chrome extension go through the seed creation process in which you display the mnemonics on your Trezor's screen and write down each word on the included card, just in case you lose your Trezor.

You need to perform this setup first, because the Trezor needs to have those secret mnemonics inside it first before you can build wallets with them. Once you set them up, they do not change, and will be used for ANY type of wallet or software you use with your Trezor, be it DASH, BTC, LTC, or DOGE, with electrum, mycellium, mytrezor, etc.

maza from mazaclub electrum (Dev) is on DT as well , I tried to tag him but can not find the other TREZOR / electrum thread in the moment

GreyGhost , I think you are running into problems because you have not setup the Trezor yet. I don't think you can set it up with Electrum. Other users already set it up with Bitcoin before with MyTrezor or the Chrome extension, and that's why they have no problems using Electrum-Dash.

What you need to do is go through the setup process (thoroughly documented on http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-user/settingup.html). You need to use either MyTrezor or the Chrome extension go through the seed creation process in which you display the mnemonics on your Trezor's screen and write down each word on the included card, just in case you lose your Trezor.

You need to perform this setup first, because the Trezor needs to have those secret mnemonics inside it first before you can build wallets with them. Once you set them up, they do not change, and will be used for ANY type of wallet or software you use with your Trezor, be it DASH, BTC, LTC, or DOGE, with electrum, mycellium, mytrezor, etc.

Thanks! Trezor is set up and is receiving and sending BTC without any problems. Alas, the error pointing me to https://github.com/trezor/python-trezor because the "Trezor device not detected" still pops up, despite Trezor Web Wallet showing up...

PC electrum related correct ?
I just pinged Kot to see if the maza guys can look into that

Back