• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

There's a proposal to give $1 MILLION DOLLARS to Acrobatics-Man in 3 days. We need you to vote NO.

Should we give pay DashAerosports $1 million dollars in 3 days?

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Maybe in the next cycle, not in 3 days.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Your problem is you go around and complain about almost every proposal. Sooner or later nobody will listen with you just because you are always negative and never give a better solution.

Large companies dump gobs of money on far less useful endeavors. How about we hire a fortune 100 business consultant to give their opinion on these proposals. I'm fairly sure they would say the money is better spent then doing nothing. If they say i'm wrong then ill buy you a beer.

Thanks for finding out what my problem is. I feel so much better now. I don't expect you to know better but 278 MN (so far) agree with me on this. What large companies do or do not have nothing to do with whether this is a good or bad proposal. You imagine that you're "fairly sure" what a fortune 100 business consultant would say, yet you are not one are you? Good luck with your business consulting.

Last edited:
You know the irony here is that i have been trying to work with Dash Aerosports on a project to reach another half million people. I put a bit of work into it and it's currently stalled. I'm slightly frustrated, i'm not getting paid for it, but at the end of the day its business and I'm not judging situation. I could be on here complaining about A, B or C. But I know his intentions are good and the type of access he can bring is of great benefit. So I fully support him regardless of my personal situation. I trust the community members who have met him and expect that he will beat everyone's expectations just to prove you wrong. It is safe to assume there is a lot more at play then hes willing to tell. Business is not about showing every poker hand. And in this competitive crypto space we aren't about to fully expose our next play. So it may not be the most amazing proposal on the outside but it's nothing to worry about.

I'm a bit tired of this complaining about the budget. You have to look at what is best for dash this budget cycle. And by far this budget cycle can easily afford this proposal. If you have a better option for this month then it should be up right now. At minimum you should be working towards a better way to spend that dash, not just complaining about it.
Your argument is not valid, because you forgot an important parameter, the proposal fee. The money in the budget is not spent simply because the proposal fee is huge and very few people have the money and are taking the risk to propose. Reduce the proposal fee, let more projects to be able to be proposed, and all the budget money will be spend. So if you really care for a better way to spend the remaining dash budget, support the adaptive proposal fee proposal of @GrandMasterDash.

Furthermore no proposal should be rejected. All proposals should stay always alive (and classified in a proposal tree), waiting for a (predecided/voted) threshold of YES votes to be reached in order for them to be able to get funded by the monthly budget. This system will always spend 100% of the available money. But this alternative budget system requires design and development, and although I am proposing it, I am not giving a penny as proposal fee to propose it in the budget. Because MNOs have to pay the designers and the developers (in order to give more details and develop a system like that) instead of requiring a proposal fee from them.

Thats the reason the budget system is full of shit proposals, thats the reason no decent development proposal exists there, thats the reason the money cannot be spend.

Last edited:
Lots of emotion and personal attacks. Totally not relevant to the conversation at hand. And your survey is factually incorrect. Scott will get exactly $96,000 per month for 4 months, exactly as described. Your clickbait title is like asking someone, "Hey Bob, when did you stop beating your wife?" But let's just set all that aside.

For those that are still undecided, let's look at the cold hard math for ROI on DashAerosport's primary deliverable--6 hours of exciting prime time exposure on NBC. Dash will be visible and noticeable and promoted. Scott made certain that the footage used from his cameras (which will be used as a significant part of the end product) will have the Dash logo visible at all times.

Also, there will be specific interest stories that feature DashAerosports and Dash. Scott has mentioned several of those.

Here are real numbers. A 30 second commercial on a 3rd rate show like 'Jane the Virgin' costs $25,000. On a middle of the road show like Dancing with the Stars, it's $115,000. Better shows like Big Bang Theory, $348,000.

http://adage.com/article/news/tv-ad-pricing-chart/305899/

Let's be very conservative and pick way down toward the bottom of the pack, 50 grand for a 30 second spot. But we're not just buying short little 30 second spots. We are an integral part of the program. Again, we will pick a very conservative number to calculate a reasonable ROI. Assume our exposure will be at least as good as (4) 30 second spots per hour.

4 spots x 6 hours x 50 grand per spot = 1,200,000. 1.2 million dollars return on $384,000. And that's using very conservative estimates. Let's say I'm still being wildly optimistic, and I'm overestimating by double. That's still a $600,000 return on an investment of $384,000.

And in all fairness, we shouldn't really ignore all the value from the personal interactions at the events, all the immersive Virtual Reality experiences that have Dash intros, all the vendors that are taking and will take Dash, the ATM experiments, the resultant internet/Youtube commercials that feature the InsantSend Jet with more than 300,000 views already:

The rolling billboard that is the Dash bus. Etc, etc, etc.

That's just the cold hard math. If I have made any unrealistic assumptions, please present alternative data.

Carry on, have fun, win!

solarguy

Lots of emotion and personal attacks. Totally not relevant to the conversation at hand. And your survey is factually incorrect. Scott will get exactly $96,000 per month for 4 months, exactly as described. Your clickbait title is like asking someone, "Hey Bob, when did you stop beating your wife?" But let's just set all that aside.

For those that are still undecided, let's look at the cold hard math for ROI on DashAerosport's primary deliverable--6 hours of exciting prime time exposure on NBC. Dash will be visible and noticeable and promoted. Scott made certain that the footage used from his cameras (which will be used as a significant part of the end product) will have the Dash logo visible at all times.

Also, there will be specific interest stories that feature DashAerosports and Dash. Scott has mentioned several of those.

Here are real numbers. A 30 second commercial on a 3rd rate show like 'Jane the Virgin' costs $25,000. On a middle of the road show like Dancing with the Stars, it's $115,000. Better shows like Big Bang Theory, $348,000.

Let's be very conservative and pick way down toward the bottom of the pack, 50 grand for a 30 second spot. But we're not just buying short little 30 second spots. We are an integral part of the program. Again, we will pick a very conservative number to calculate a reasonable ROI. Assume our exposure will be at least as good as (4) 30 second spots per hour.

4 spots x 6 hours x 50 grand per spot = 1,200,000. 1.2 million dollars return on $384,000. And that's using very conservative estimates. Let's say I'm still being wildly optimistic, and I'm overestimating by double. That's still a $600,000 return on an investment of $384,000.

And in all fairness, we shouldn't really ignore all the value from the personal interactions at the events, all the immersive Virtual Reality experiences that have Dash intros, all the vendors that are taking and will take Dash, the ATM experiments, the resultant internet/Youtube commercials that feature the InsantSend Jet with more than 300,000 views already:

That's just the cold hard math. If I have made any unrealistic assumptions, please present alternative data.

Carry on, have fun, win!

solarguy
perfect answer !! As long the racer delivers on what he says we are looking at great ROI ,if he doesn't he will never get a 0.0000001 dash from us ever , so its worth the gamble

and i have never see any one with the level of enthusiasm and dedication as @DashRacer so i am definitely still voting yes

As long the racer delivers on what he says we are looking at great ROI if he doesn't he will never get a 0.0000001 dash from us ever

How is that? Is there an escrow? And who is the person who plays the escrow role?
As we can see in dashninja
https://www.dashninja.pl/proposalde...f6e58adae68c4cbed139d21907242de127407951d99df
This is the payement address for the proposal:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XgiNSgftVNrNF5WbGzSqrRdh81tuAuqAtT.htm

Who owns the above payement address? Does it belong to a well known escrow, or to greencandle? If there is an anonymous escrow, then your argument is invalid. As long as the money is paid to that address in three days, and that address belongs to the proposal owner who is not known, then the money is lost for ever, regardless whether dashracer delivers something or not.

As long as @greencandle is the escrow, the question is:
Who is he? Where is his forum account?
Why Dash community trusts greencandle, that he will act for the benefit of the community, rather than for the benefit of dashracer?

Last edited:
You may observe proponents and opponents of this project here.

If you want me to compile the statistics in a different form, you may ask me.

Thanks for the list. How can this be useful

Carry on, have fun, win!

solarguy

@solarguy

There are now more than 387 Masternodes not voting yes on this (341 NO and 46 Abstain). This is a very heated discussion and it's clearly a contentions topic. Why don't we just vote NO now, discuss this for a month, and put it up for vote on the next cycle?

What exactly is the emergency in getting this huge proposal passed? This is getting way more suspicious than I am comfortable with. Are you getting a cut of out this proposal? It looks like it. You're not respecting the clear evidence against it we are bringing and you're coming up with ridiculous arguments again and again. We won't vote to spend $384,000 on TV ads, but suddenly it's OK to spend that much money because your buddy Acrobatics-Man is doing it? Virtual reality experience? You can't be serious.

perfect answer !! As long the racer delivers on what he says we are looking at great ROI ,if he doesn't he will never get a 0.0000001 dash from us ever , so its worth the gamble

and i have never see any one with the level of enthusiasm and dedication as @DashRacer so i am definitely still voting yes

Please consider the bad precedence this is setting. You cannot argue this is a bad proposal; it is only passing because of his allegedly reputation. Our budget is not worth the gamble!

Thanks for the list. How can this be useful?

Demo, give it a rest ffs. If you could check my MN you'd find it's in Germany, wtf does that tell you about me living in Ireland? Nothing.
Dont judge by yourself. You are an individual and you own a few masternodes. Individuals who own a lot masternodes, spies, state agents, big companies e.t.c. cannot easily be dispersed, neither in their opinion nor in the places where they host their fleet.
Furthermore, you got me wrong. I am not searching countries. I am searching voting motifs and patterns. Regardless where you host your masternodes, your voting pattern remains the same. Especially in case you are a big player. We are talking about 200-300 masternode operators. We can easily spot them, we could know who is the leftist, who is the right, who is the active, who is the inactive, who is interested in development, who is interested in advertising e.t.c.
For example. we know now that there is someone who hates satellites. This is a pattern. We may call him anti-satellite masternode operator, put a flag on him, and be prepared for his reaction whenever a satellite related proposal appears again. We could also search what all those Lithuania IPs voted in other proposals, and create a more accurate profile and pattern.
Another usefull pattern could be to search for groups of masternodes who always vote the same in various proposals, and consider them as unique operators.
Google and Facebook companies discover behavior patterns for millions of people, then they use them and/or sell them to whoever is interested. Are we so stupid as community, so that we are unable to discover patterns for just 200-300 masternode operators? Are we?

Thanks for the list. How can this be useful

@solarguy

There are now more than 387 Masternodes not voting yes on this (341 NO and 46 Abstain). This is a very heated discussion and it's clearly a contentions topic. Why don't we just vote NO now, discuss this for a month, and put it up for vote on the next cycle?

What exactly is the emergency in getting this huge proposal passed? This is getting way more suspicious than I am comfortable with. Are you getting a cut of out this proposal? It looks like it. You're not respecting the clear evidence against it we are bringing and you're coming up with ridiculous arguments again and again. We won't vote to spend $384,000 on TV ads, but suddenly it's OK to spend that much money because your buddy Acrobatics-Man is doing it? Virtual reality experience? You can't be serious.

1. You would not respond to my specific respectful questions, like why you continued to use the figure 1 million dollars, when it was never a million dollars. That says to me you were never interested in a reasonable discussion based on facts.

2. You engaged in personal attacks and were repeatedly dis-respectful to both Scott and numerous other people in the community.

3. 825 Masternodes voted yes. What exactly is the emergency in getting this proposal killed? This is getting way more suspicious than I am comfortable with. You're not respecting the clear evidence we have for it, for example the terrific ROI from the calculated value of the 6 hours of prime time exposure and the generous majority of Masternodes. You're coming up with ridiculous arguments (like quoting an incorrect number over and over again.) TV ads are a separate issue and we will spend plenty of money on TV ads when we have legitimate proposals for TV ads. This is a false dichotomy, it's not A or B. You have no idea what my relationship is with DashAerosports or Scott Farnsworth.

4. No, I am not getting a cut. You are implying I am doing something unethical. I am not. If you cut me, I bleed integrity.

1. You would not respond to my specific respectful questions, like why you continued to use the figure 1 million dollars, when it was never a million dollars. That says to me you were never interested in a reasonable discussion based on facts.

Because $850,000USD is almost $1 million dollars.

acrobatics-man.png

3. 825 Masternodes voted yes. What exactly is the emergency in getting this proposal killed? This is getting way more suspicious than I am comfortable with. You're not respecting the clear evidence we have for it, for example the terrific ROI from the calculated value of the 6 hours of prime time exposure and the generous majority of Masternodes. You're coming up with ridiculous arguments (like quoting an incorrect number over and over again.) TV ads are a separate issue and we will spend plenty of money on TV ads when we have legitimate proposals for TV ads. This is a false dichotomy, it's not A or B. You have no idea what my relationship is with DashAerosports or Scott Farnsworth.

Is 6 hours of prime time exposure included in the proposal? I don't see any. What are the objectives of this proposal? I don't see any clear defined goals. We are basically giving Acrobatics-Man money on the off chance that he does something good with it, which is a pretty irresponsible way of managing any budget.

What fact would you like me to respond to that I already haven't?

Because $850,000USD is almost $1 million dollars.

View attachment 5344

Is 6 hours of prime time exposure included in the proposal? I don't see any. What are the objectives of this proposal? I don't see any clear defined goals. We are basically giving Acrobatics-Man money on the off chance that he does something good with it, which is a pretty irresponsible way of managing any budget.

What fact would you like me to respond to that I already haven't?

You had lots of opportunities to have a respectful conversation. You wasted them all.

You had lots of opportunities to have a respectful conversation. You wasted them all.

I'm not here to have conversations or make friends. If you want to give $1 million to your buddy on a vague proposal on the off chance it works you can do it out of your own pocket. Sell your masternodes and do it, but don't do it with everyone else's money.

Notice how you didn't address any of my questions from the previous post and resorted to baseless ad hominem in your reply.

Also notice how you whinge about me not answering your points on dashcentral but you also refuse do to the same for other users (I am not Wixamlee).

solarguy.png

Last edited:
I would just like to say, this proposal is for 694 thousand dollars, because me too have adjusted the price by 153 thousand.

How is that? Is there an escrow? And who is the person who plays the escrow role?
As we can see in dashninja
https://www.dashninja.pl/proposalde...f6e58adae68c4cbed139d21907242de127407951d99df
This is the payement address for the proposal:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XgiNSgftVNrNF5WbGzSqrRdh81tuAuqAtT.htm

Who owns the above payement address? Does it belong to a well known escrow, or to greencandle? If there is an anonymous escrow, then your argument is invalid. As long as the money is paid to that address in three days, and that address belongs to the proposal owner who is not known, then the money is lost for ever, regardless whether dashracer delivers something or not.

As long as @greencandle is the escrow, the question is:
Who is he? Where is his forum account?
Why Dash community trusts greencandle, that he will act for the benefit of the community, rather than for the benefit of dashracer?

You can read about who is behind greencandle at their website, greencandle.io

@GrandMasterDash

Since $868,000 was only 86% of $1 million and according to you wasn't close enough be rounded, is $986,705 ok now?

View attachment 5366

I saw it did pop over $1M briefly.

All this means is that greencandle has more in escrow. After Dash Aerosports receives the 4 installments of the $96k/mo, then greencandle will put forward a proposal for the MNOs to vote on whether to continue funding Dash Aerosports or to save the escrowed funds for something else.

Back