• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

There's a proposal to give $1 MILLION DOLLARS to Acrobatics-Man in 3 days. We need you to vote NO.

Should we give pay DashAerosports $1 million dollars in 3 days?

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Maybe in the next cycle, not in 3 days.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
R

RGXDK

I urge all masternode owners to vote NO on this: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/gc-dash-aerosports

Here are a few reasons why....

The biggest proposal in Dash history, 5 days before the deadline.
Does this look normal to you? Acrobatics Man got $60,000 5 months ago and a few days before the deadline the throws in the biggest request for funding we have ever seen. This should have been discussed with the network for a whole month and not thrown out for a vote 5 days before the cycle.

Acrobatics Man should not be trusted with $1 million dollars.
Dash's entire budget was $90k about a year ago.Amanda has requested $6k/month. We paid $45,000 for a debit card that was never delivered. We paid $500,000 to Alt36. Just because we can now doesn't mean we should be any less responsible with our budget. Professionalism is what got us here in the first place.

Read the proposal. This will hurt Dash permanently.
The standards to have a proposal pass will be forever damaged if this goes through. It will send the wrong message to the network. It's so vague and imprecise that it can't possibly be measured for success / failure.

We are going to be held accountable for this decision to all the Dash holders who can't vote.
Throwing ridiculous amounts of money to undefined and vague goals is not what we do. Let's not forget our humble origins, let's not forget the responsibility we have to preserve our budget.

His supporters are mostly his buddies
Read the positive comments. Uninformed (borderline malicious) masternode owners are voting yes to give him money not because this is a good proposal, not because it has tangible goals and definitive ROI, but because they like him. You can try to do this with $1,000 but not with $1 million of everyone's money.

You should vote NO even if you support this proposal. Here's why:
Let's imagine Acrobatics Man will deliver. Let's imagine he will return $2 million with the $1 million investment. I was going to say imagine this going 100% "as planned" but this proposal has no plan, so imagine this being a good investment in the end. We should still vote no because this is a bad proposal. If we vote yes we are vague, imprecise, overvalued, last minute million-dollar proposals and this will set a dangerous precedence.

My suggestion for everyone that loves Dash:

Please let's postpone this to the next cycle let's discuss how we can make this better for a month and make a proper + informed decision. I urge all masternode owners to vote NO (you can change your vote if you have voted yes) https://www.dashcentral.org/p/gc-dash-aerosports . If this is really a good proposal it can be voted yes again in the next budget, no harm done, but we cannot undo the damage once it's done.

Thanks and sorry for bad spelling, I am writing this in hurry this Sunday morning.

I don’t normally reply to these but I think you’re very wrong in this instance!

Dashracer has proven himself more than once! When his budget exceeds his demands (price increase) he finds ways to go above and beyond in utilising then for the benefit of the network! He’s an ambassador and a good one at that!

Have you even read his proposal? He’s preaching and taking dash to those that haven’t heard of it.

Are you doing this? Why are you doing to expand the effects of dash adoption? Or are you sitting from the comfort of your couch whilst others work towards expanding your holding value?

I’d say... vote yes and be proud of what an ambassador he is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RGXDK I hear what you're saying, it's true, $1M is a lot of money. However, in this particular instance, I don't believe he's pocketing it for himself. I believe his intentions are good and I believe his reward is seeing dash soar to new heights. But I'll agree with you that, if he fails to deliver, future funding is likely to take a nose dive.

I understand you take issue with some of these marketing proposals but try to understand, dash is where it is today, in part, because it's willing to go out on a limb and try new things. This should be obvious because, AFAIK, no other crypto is doing this.

For me, more important than this proposal is that dash has all the resources it needs to fulfill it's technical development and R&D. Dash's blockchain has 60+ people on it's payroll and I want to see it grow further, hiring the best minds in the business. Give me proposals that fulfill that and, if push comes to shove, I will happily put those before this one. But that's not what's happening here, no one in Core is going without.

Don’t get me wrong though! They will always be those that are out to scam the network. I truely believe in this instance dashracer is doing anything but. There’s an escrow with green candle and a portfolio to back up his claims! He’s so passionate about Dash, why would he screw us over? Yes, a million dollars is a huge amount of money, and yes, if we were to give that to someone whose not proven themselves before... then I’ll be first for shouting down the proposal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe his intentions are good and I believe his reward is seeing dash soar to new heights. But I'll agree with you that, if he fails to deliver, future funding is likely to take a nose dive.
His intentions are good, so we should give Acrobatics-Man $1 million dollars of everyone's money and if he fails to deliver we don't do it again. I cannot believe you're serious and I cannot believe someone so irresponsible is a masternode owner.

dash is where it is today, in part, because it's willing to go out on a limb and try new things.
No, we are here because we have great tech, are professional, spend our money wisely and responsibly. Giving away $1 million dollars to "go out on a limb and try new things" is the stupider thing I've read today, and I have read a lot of stupid things this morning.

Notice how you cannot justify this spending without resorting to complete b.s comments. This should be 100% crystal-clear obvious that this is a good idea for N reasons, and anyone should be able to list all those N reasons easily without the need for vagueness "good intentions" bullshit.

@RGXDK I apologize, it was my mistake to entertain you yet again, but don't worry, I won't bother from now on. Go ahead and continue your belittling, maybe it helps you feel more important than you are.

I have more of an issue with the 5k a month escrow fee charged by green candle. I mean why couldn’t he just use core as escrow?

Acrobatics Man
His name is Scott Farnsworth and his organization is called Dash Aerosports. It is hard to take your calls for professionalism seriously when you keep referring to him as Acrobatics Man over a dozen times on DashCentral and here.

The biggest proposal in Dash history, 5 days before the deadline.
Does this look normal to you? Acrobatics Man got $60,000 5 months ago and a few days before the deadline the throws in the biggest request for funding we have ever seen. This should have been discussed with the network for a whole month and not thrown out for a vote 5 days before the cycle.

Although we did not have the final proposal, it was first opened up for discussion when Scott posted this thread, in the middle of the budget cycle, and along with an explanation for why the proposal was delayed.

Acrobatics Man should not be trusted with $1 million dollars.
Dash's entire budget was $90k about a year ago.Amanda has requested $6k/month. We paid $45,000 for a debit card that was never delivered. We paid $500,000 to Alt36. Just because we can now doesn't mean we should be any less responsible with our budget. Professionalism is what got us here in the first place.

We are not trusting Scott with $1 million dollars. We are trusting greencandle.io with that (actually $840k, not $1M, as of the time of writing), that they will disburse the funds according to the rate of $96,000 per month for 4 months as per their signed agreement, and anything after that will only be disbursed with the approval of the MNs as per their statement. Greencandle has already been trusted to escrow a $500,000 proposal. Situations like this are exactly what the company was created to facilitate for the Dash network. There is nothing unprofessional about this arrangement.

Why do you think that the size of Dash's budget a year ago is relevant to this discussion? It's not.

Read the proposal. This will hurt Dash permanently.
The standards to have a proposal pass will be forever damaged if this goes through. It will send the wrong message to the network. It's so vague and imprecise that it can't possibly be measured for success / failure.

I highly doubt any proposal, even the most colossal of failures, would hurt Dash permanently. The network has learned from failures in the past and it will continue to improve its ability to protect itself from bad spending as we move forward. May I ask, are there any proposals that you would consider as meeting your standard for precision? How do you measure the success/failure of the Dash Core team's developers in a tangible way? How do you measure the ROI of funding the Dash Core team to attend or present at conferences? How do you measure the ROI for the Dash Watch proposal? Is anyone tracking the number of wallet downloads brought about by DashForce?

You appear to be singling this proposal out for some reason, and you have an expectation for certain metrics that could only be reasonably expected from a different sort of proposal where those metrics would be readily available, such as a google Adwords campaign.

We are going to be held accountable for this decision to all the Dash holders who can't vote.
Throwing ridiculous amounts of money to undefined and vague goals is not what we do. Let's not forget our humble origins, let's not forget the responsibility we have to preserve our budget.

Of course it is the responsibility of the MNOs, but MNOs are already incentivized to do what is in the best interest of the network.

His supporters are mostly his buddies
Read the positive comments. Uninformed (borderline malicious) masternode owners are voting yes to give him money not because this is a good proposal, not because it has tangible goals and definitive ROI, but because they like him. You can try to do this with $1,000 but not with $1 million of everyone's money

Or it could be that the MNOs have seen what he has done already and have concluded that the value is there.

Last edited:
@TroyDASH

Before I reply I must say I respect your comments, even when we disagree. Let's move forward. Amanda B Johnson brings way much more value to the Dash network at $6k/month than Acrobatics-Man can possibly bring with 16x that at $96k/month. Acrobatics-Man flying around in the middle of nowhere brings no value to the network. Maybe Scott Farnsworth does. I would probably support Scott Farnsworth, the one that brings a few business, at $6k/month but not Acrobatics-Man at $96k.

Do you understand the central point? Do you also understand that I am rejecting the proposal, and not the person? I hope you do.

Ps: Luckily for us there are another 340 Masternode Owners who agree with me. Hopefully this number will increase and this proposal will not pass.

Last edited:
I have more of an issue with the 5k a month escrow fee charged by green candle. I mean why couldn’t he just use core as escrow?

Another good point. What magic exactly are they doing that requires $5k a month for escrow? And what are they going to do when they need to escrow a $5k proposal? This all seems very suspicious.

@TroyDASH

Before I reply I must say I respect your comments, even when we disagree.
Thank you, that is kind of you to say.

Let's move forward. Amanda B Johnson brings way much more value to the Dash network at $6k/month than Acrobatics-Man can possibly bring with 16x that at $96k/month. Acrobatics-Man flying around in the middle of nowhere brings no value to the network. Maybe Scott Farnsworth does. I would probably support Scott Farnsworth, the one that brings a few business, at $6k/month but not Acrobatics-Man at $96k.

Do you understand the central point?

You bring up an interesting example with Amanda. One thing that I feel the network is dealing with here is that the value being brought to the network by a proposal is sometimes extremely disproportional to what you might come up with if you were to price out the market value of a comparable service in the normal economy. Our team of core developers have arguably created hundreds of millions of dollars of value, but we are paying them salaries that are more in line with what a developer of similar talent would make in a more normal software project. I would put Amanda in the same category as that. If you look at it one way, the value they are bringing to the network is so huge that hiring them for the amount we pay them is a steal, and if you look at it another way they are being paid about what should be expected. Crypto projects have a tendency of magnifying the returns on investment, by orders of magnitude sometimes. This makes these proposals very difficult to compare. But if you think about Scott's proposal in terms of what it would cost for a comparable service for a business in the non-crypto space, it is a good deal. And if it would be a good deal for a business outside of crypto, I think it is an even better deal within crypto.

Our team of core developers have arguably created hundreds of millions of dollars of value, but we are paying them salaries that are more in line with what a developer of similar talent would make in a more normal software project.

Yes, I want Dash core team to receive 3-4x times the average salary of a similar developer. I would support this proposal 100%.

I would put Amanda in the same category as that.

Agreed again, I would easily support a proposal to pay Amanda $30/k a month instead of the $6k she is asking.

But if you think about Scott's proposal in terms of what it would cost for a comparable service for a business in the non-crypto space, it is a good deal.

Acrobatics-Man does not bring $96k... not even close. Please list the businesses or services you are referring to that could cost $96k or more. I'd like to ask you a few questions on this point. Do you think Scott would work for the Dash network for $6k/month, as Amanda is doing? He doesn't need the plane, the busses the fuel and all the other things he has convinced the network to pay for.

I agree, there is no goal set neither has there ever been. Because of that it leaves a grey area, we can’t say he failed and we can’t say he has succeeded in his ventures.

Comparing it to other proposals makes it a very weak proposal. It gives little to no value to have a Dash plane at an air show. We do not have brand recognition yet, it is still pointless to do this.

If we pay out $1,000,000 in inflation to him, we must expect him to increase Dashs value by $1,000,000 plus more, or else it was a bad decision. It’s hard to imagine he will give us a million worth of investments.

Yes, I want Dash core team to receive 3-4x times the average salary of a similar developer. I would support this proposal 100%.

Agreed again, I would easily support a proposal to pay Amanda $30/k a month instead of the $6k she is asking.
As long as we are paying competitively enough to maintain good contractor retention, then I am satisfied. I would defer to the team's HR manager on making sure of that and would vote accordingly. For Amanda I'm not too concerned about it because if the pay were ever an issue for her I am sure she would test and see if the MNs are willing to pay what she asks first before walking away from the project.

Acrobatics-Man does not bring $96k... not even close. Please list the businesses or services you are referring to that could cost $96k or more. I'd like to ask you a few questions on this point. Do you think Scott would work for the Dash network for $6k/month, as Amanda is doing? He doesn't need the plane, the busses the fuel and all the other things he has convinced the network to pay for.

Admittedly I am not an expert in the field of business sponsorships in sports. I don't know you, but I would guess that you aren't either. I'd be happy to look at some numbers for how much other companies typically pay for similar sponsorships for jet racing teams, if that information is even available.

If you want a couple of examples of business developments that have been brought about by Scott:
https://www.dashforcenews.com/aircraft-parachute-company-accepts-dash-para-cushions-product-line/
https://www.dashforcenews.com/bytef...ubling-active-count-ukraine-adds-9000-kiosks/

If you have not seen this video already in its entirety, please do take the time to hear Scott explain his business strategies specifically as it relates to Dash. (Use 2x speed if you're impatient.) I'm interested to hear what you think about it.

@TroyDASH

I've watched this video already so I could make an informed opinion of him. Again I would fully support Scott Farnsworth, with his economics, trading and business skills, at around $6k/month. Scott does all the good things for Dash. However I do not support his acting as Acrobatics-Man at $96k/month. Acrobatics-Man (@DashRacer) represents everything I fight against (irresponsibility with funds, overspending, spending on irrelevant areas, no ROI, no goals, no focus etc). I hope you can see my point, if not I can try explaining in another way.

You may observe proponents and opponents of this project here.

If you want me to compile the statistics in a different form, you may ask me.

I'm a bit tired of this complaining about the budget. You have to look at what is best for dash this budget cycle. And by far this budget cycle can easily afford this proposal. If you have a better option for this month then it should be up right now. At minimum you should be working towards a better way to spend that dash, not just complaining about it. Not funding the proposal is basically just a setback for Dash.

Dash has a 4 million dollar budget now. Let's not lose any more ground bickering about spending 2.5% of the monthly cash value of the budget.

I'm a bit tired of this complaining about the budget. You have to look at what is best for dash this budget cycle. And by far this budget cycle can easily afford this proposal. If you have a better option for this month then it should be up right now. At minimum you should be working towards a better way to spend that dash, not just complaining about it. Not funding the proposal is basically just a setback for Dash.

Dash has a 4 million dollar budget now. Let's not lose any more ground bickering about spending 2.5% of the monthly cash value of the budget.

I'm glad you don't have a masternode; I hope someone as careless as you never get to vote. It's unfortunate that I have to put up with your moronic reasoning in the middle of an important discussion though.

1. "easily afford this proposal" = doesn't mean we should.
2. "At minimum you should be working towards a better way to spend that dash". Not spending it on bad proposals is exactly what "a better way to spend that dash" is.
3. "Not funding the proposal is basically just a setback for Dash" ... because? Oh yes, because you said so right?

We are talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's not your money, it's everyone's money, and you should show some respect for it. Maybe you should stay quiet when you have nothing to add.

Last edited:
I'm glad you don't have a masternode; I hope someone as careless as you never get to vote. It's unfortunate that I have to put up with your moronic reasoning in the middle of an important discussion though.

1. "easily afford this proposal" = doesn't mean we should.
2. "At minimum you should be working towards a better way to spend that dash". Not spending it on bad proposals is exactly what "a better way to spend that dash" is.
3. "Not funding the proposal is basically just a setback for Dash" ... because? Oh yes, because you said so right?

Maybe you should stay quiet when you have nothing to add.
Your problem is you go around and complain about almost every proposal. Sooner or later nobody will listen with you just because you are always negative and never give a better solution.

Large companies dump gobs of money on far less useful endeavors. How about we hire a fortune 100 business consultant to give their opinion on these proposals. I'm fairly sure they would say the money is better spent then doing nothing. If they say i'm wrong then ill buy you a beer.

Back