• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The war has begun , time for the big guns

Fund the best idea for mining based heating equipment

• yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
We, in the working group, are discussing the missing pieces. So far it seems that we're good with designing and manufacturing ASIC heaters in Eastern Europe and US/Canada. Distribution and marketing are also there. Installation and support might be spotty, but, at least in Ukraine we can cover this.

Not clear with the X11 ASIC PCB manufacturer.

If I really wanted to attack this market with a vengeance, I would design the water cooling half to be modular and removable from the computer hardware, since that hardware becomes obsolete so quickly. Then you don't have to replace the whole unit including the pumps, plumbing, hot water tanks, etc. Just swap out the "computer half" using a couple hose clamps and valves. Boom, 5 minute upgrade to the newest mining rig.

If I really wanted to attack this market with a vengeance, I would design the water cooling half to be modular and removable from the computer hardware, since that hardware becomes obsolete so quickly. Then you don't have to replace the whole unit including the pumps, plumbing, hot water tanks, etc. Just swap out the "computer half" using a couple hose clamps and valves. Boom, 5 minute upgrade to the newest mining rig.

Well, the pieces I've seen, work exactly that way. SHA256 ASICS, though..

So far X11 PCB manufacturer partnership is the blocker. If community can assist with this, this would push the project forward.

I think a cool idea for mining cryptocurrency is to create a program/application that can use any device with a processor to mine cryptocurrency. Start mining w your wii or your Xbox

I think a cool idea for mining cryptocurrency is to create a program/application that can use any device with a processor to mine cryptocurrency. Start mining w your wii or your Xbox

In the old days, it was both cool and you actually accomplished something using the method you describe. These days, if you had a thousand dinky processors all harnessed together, it would still be like pissing in the ocean. Application Specific Integrated Circuits are many -many- orders of magnitude faster and better than even graphics cards, which are substantially better than GPU's, which are substantially better than small embedded system processors.

You would lose money just on the additional electricity alone.

THe only way forward is to build ASIC based water heater or air heater which cut down electricity if possibly

we need to design a very efficient system and possibly patent it ( so only dash can use it )

Then we are looking at super insane growth

THe only way forward is to build ASIC based water heater or air heater which cut down electricity if possibly

we need to design a very efficient system and possibly patent it ( so only dash can use it )

Then we are looking at super insane growth

Perhaps patent and then license. It would be hard to prevent someone from reverse engineering it. If we license it, it's less trouble to do it the official way rather than roll your own from reverse engineering. But we still get the advantage of having it first for a time.

I think Evan said he wanted to make it open source, but that doesn't me we have to give it away right away....

is evan talking Mining based heating ? really ?
He's talking about custom designed hardware to handle much larger block sizes, Masternodes and mining I believe were also mentioned. He said nothing about water cooled to add efficiency, but it would be silly not to.

I doubt it's patentable. And, even if it is - that the patent is enforceable. Definitely not in Ukraine :)

Once again, the blocker is the reliable manufacturer of X11 PCBs. The design is already tested on sha256 ASICS.

Can you give a complete breakdown of economics of sha256 ASICS and heating

If it looks profitable our core team will find it interesting to worth finding a project or two on that

I am looking for detailed breakdown of costs and savings

Can you give a complete breakdown of economics of sha256 ASICS and heating

If it looks profitable our core team will find it interesting to worth finding a project or two on that

I am looking for detailed breakdown of costs and savings

I'm not the best person to answer this question: I don't do mining, though have many friends who do it in Ukraine professionally. I'll try to bring them to the forum.

Back