• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The North American Bitcoin Conference Thread Day #2

TheDashGuy

Let use this thread for todays (Friday the 22nd, 2016) stuff so that people can use yesterdays thread for yesterdays discussions. It's already gotten to be pretty long anyways.

Don't forget! Evan gives his presentation at 10:40am - 11:00am, hopefully we'll have video footage upload before 11:30am for everyone to see.

Help us tweet reporters, invite people to try the soda machine or just help in general over on twitter/instagram/facebook or whatever platform you'd like to help out with.

If you are feeling lazy, just retweet my posts, they are all ready to go.
https://twitter.com/TheDashGuy

Or Taos:
https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi

Or Bitcoinist:
https://twitter.com/bitcoinist/status/690564003333029889

Images and videos will appear here:

CZVfsz8WcAEusAc.jpgCZVgTVmWwAEMtJk.jpgCZViPB7WAAQN79e.jpg

I CHALLENGE EVERYONE TO GET INVOLVED TODAY! THIS IS OUR BEST CHANCE SO FAR.

edit: QUESTIONS FROM THE THREAD FOR THE DEVS/ATTENDEES:

k0vic said:
Anyone good in the audience? Bobby Lee? etc.... How was the turn out?​

Tante Said:
Did you show a prototype?

If so, How was the prototype?

Anyone good in the audience, like Bobby Lee?

Was it a full house?

How many sodas did you sell?

How many people downloaded a wallet to try buying a soda (same question?) ?

Who came by the table to talk that's famous?​

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm nervous. Maybe because we're not getting as much feedback now as we did in Mexico City, and I feel like there isn't as much positive stuff to say? I hope that's not the case, and instead the boys are so busy talking to people. Mexico was all live streamed, which was so nice, but these guys aren't doing that. Makes me wonder why? What's the big secret? This is all about open source, distributed, etc... I'm surprised at this attitude??

Wow, I'm nervous. Maybe because we're not getting as much feedback now as we did in Mexico City, and I feel like there isn't as much positive stuff to say? I hope that's not the case, and instead the boys are so busy talking to people. Mexico was all live streamed, which was so nice, but these guys aren't doing that. Makes me wonder why? What's the big secret? This is all about open source, distributed, etc... I'm surprised at this attitude??

i'm sure they just want people waiting until its over to release videos and such. I think we'll be fine. tungfa has said he'll have a recording for me to post ASAP.

Yes, but it's a phone he's recording with. I hope he's up close? If this conference wasn't professionally recorded, I'll be quite disappointed in the event planners.

Yes, but it's a phone he's recording with. I hope he's up close? If this conference wasn't professionally recorded, I'll be quite disappointed in the event planners.

Let's hope it was! I've been pinging anyone whos using twitter at the event, so maybe someone will record and we can just put up a bounty to find the video or something if such measures are needed.

We'll get a video one way or another!

No live feed?
We have a taper - right?

Nope. That would be cool though!

"The Broadcast will start on the 17th January, and you can see the happenings of the first night. Later on, on Sunday morning we will upload the content of the first full day. According to the state and venue regulations, this time we are not able to live stream the event, but we decided to broadcast the whole TNABC event for you."

http://bitcoinist.net/tnabc-miami-2015-broadcast/

The conference is a business and they need people to go there and pay :smile:. It socks, but we need to respect that.

As for feedback, don't worry, the most important thing from Mexico was the contact and the networking. I'm sure we'll see the results of Miami in the next few months.

Ah, cool! Is that solarminer on the far left? I know it's one of our guys, Just can't remember nickname :)

Nope. That would be cool though!

"The Broadcast will start on the 17th January, and you can see the happenings of the first night. Later on, on Sunday morning we will upload the content of the first full day. According to the state and venue regulations, this time we are not able to live stream the event, but we decided to broadcast the whole TNABC event for you."

http://bitcoinist.net/tnabc-miami-2015-broadcast/

Ok so this is last year, I'm still sleepy. We'll just assume its the same thing this year too :p

The conference is a business and they need people to go there and pay :smile:. It socks, but we need to respect that.

As for feedback, don't worry, the most important thing from Mexico was the contact and the networking. I'm sure we'll see the results of Miami in the next few months.

I know you're right, Fernando :) I guess that's why they're not streaming, but if they post videos soon after, I'll be satisfied :)

Back