• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The future

pbleak

I admit that this is the first alt-coin I've had a serious interest in for some time. It seems to me that for the first time Darkcoin offers something truly additional to what has become a kind of attempt to repeat Bitcoin (with Litecoin being the 'silver' as they say). Today's bubble has been impressive, but prone to that pump and dump nonsense, but I figure growth will remain steady.

Anyway I just wanted to thank the team behind it for such good work. Real effort.

When we thought that asics killed the scrypt market too, here it is! An excellent alternative!
Long life to DRKcoin ant x11...less power consuption...and finally one coin with price that adjusts itself to our needs.
Go high Drk!

Ha yes please! I also like how people are showing respect for the time that went into it. That they can see it's not just Bitcoin with a new name :)

Now do remember that Evan's original idea was to hold off on asics, keep them at bay so that Darkcoin could grow first and get a good foundation. He always figured ASICs would eventually come. However, I'm sure if the time came where ASICs were on the immediate horizon, and it was decided that the best thing to do would be to move on to another type of algorithm, he'd certainly do it (he isn't lazy and completely capable of implementing something else) But in the end, he'll have to decide if it is just running away for the problem to resurface again in a few months.

You can be sure that those ASIC builders will rape the coin before sending them out. It's a very difficult problem... And no easy answers :(

Me too. I've invested in other ones, some even fairly heavily, but dark is the first one that seems to make a lot of sense and I really believe in.
No fanfare, Dark is what it is. A monster yes, but our monster. I like the whole thinking process behind Dark, seems to be focused exclusively on results and I remain a big believer.

When we thought that asics killed the scrypt market too, here it is! An excellent alternative!
Long life to DRKcoin ant x11...less power consuption...and finally one coin with price that adjusts itself to our needs.
Go high Drk!
Well, my 2 cents (both rumours):
  1. X11 ASICs are already on the horizon (China - I'd say at the end of the year),
  2. X11 only runs cool because the miners are not optimized (mega rumour).

Well, my 2 cents (both rumours):
  1. X11 ASICs are already on the horizon (China - I'd say at the end of the year),
  2. X11 only runs cool because the miners are not optimized (mega rumour).

1.) Not even close. Need to have FPGA first. ASIC's cost millions to develop.
2.) Maybe.

Back