• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES (UPDATE GUIDE UPDATED FOR 13.0)

I got some kind of Python error: [code said:
The path python2 (from --python=python2) does not exist
[/code]

Make sure you have installed python by issuing the following command: which python
If there is (the command will return a path), then there is no symbolic link named python2 indicating the location of Python. Please post the result.

I got a security question: I think it will be interesting to only allow ssh from my IP, is it a bad idea? The problem is that if my IP changed there will be no way to reset my connection with my vult account...
Is there a way to be aware of other connection attempt from other IP?
Yes, its a good idea. I am not a vultr customer, but with most similar vendors it is possible to login using the web console, that you can use to change firewall rules to your new IP.

@ac0
If you'd like to block incoming SSH connections for everyone except your IP address:
Code:
ufw allow from YOUR_IP proto tcp to any port 22
ufw delete limit 22/tcp

BTW, currently 1000 Dash is worth quite a lot of money, so for security reasons you might want to consider holding your masternode collateral on a hardware wallet like Trezor, instead of on a software wallet.

Andmy node indicate "watchdog_expired"
I do not have much time now, so I would just like to point out that WATCHDOG_EXPIRED after so long time would mean that you have a problem with the peridic execution of the "sentinel". Look at the definition of a sentinel's crontab. If you cannot handle it, I will try to help you within a few hours.

@ac0, you do not need restart your dashd; if that was the only problem you should see your masternode active in about an hour or less.

On vultr they do not allow to have multiple VPS accounts, what account should be used if someone wants to set up more than one masternode?

No it has never worked. I just got to the step in the guide where Im suposed to launch it for the first time.

You are now ready to start the beating heart....

Run your dashd daemon:

cd .dashcore
./dashd

You will see the message "Dash Server Starting". Let it sync while you move on to the next step.

Dear Bertrand256,

You help me setup my masternode earlier. After 5 weeks i transferred extra dash from my masternode account to other address. But now it seems my masternode stopped. In Dash Ninja, It says: Status: Inactive(0%), and Port check status: Closed (Connection refused), why is that ?

Masternode port got closed a day after extra dash were transfered... so not sure if it was due to transferring of dash. I have coin control on in my wallet and 1000 dash locked.

Please suggest...

Last edited:
Hello,
Thanks for the guide!
Is it possble to have payments go to a different wallet versus the collateral wallet?
i.e I would like to have one wallet holding the 1000 DASH collateral (deposit address) and a different wallet that receives the payments (receiving address).

TIA

Hello,
I reached to the last step to restart QT wallet to activate masternode, but I received the error message: Invalid port in the masternode.conf, port must be 9399 for mainnet, and the wallet cannot be opened. I changed the port to 9399 as requirement, but the result when I restarted the wallet still like that. I do not know how to fix this error because everything seems to be all right. Please help me ! Thanks.

Hello,
I reached to the last step to restart QT wallet to activate masternode, but I received the error message: Invalid port in the masternode.conf, port must be 9399 for mainnet, and the wallet cannot be opened. I changed the port to 9399 as requirement, but the result when I restarted the wallet still like that. I do not know how to fix this error because everything seems to be all right. Please help me ! Thanks.
9999, not 9399

Yes, I know 9999 for DASH, but I followed the guide to set up masternode for new same kind DAS, and the suggested port is 9399. But although I set 9399 in masternode.conf as system requirement, the error announcement still happened when I restarted the wallet. I was stucked in the last step, and did not know the reason why.

Back