• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Stop killing darkcoin (and drktalk) please.

vertoe

Three of Nine
Once in a while I start digging through Bitcointalk and find stuff like that.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559932.0

Some thoughts:
  1. Why Bitcointalk? We have Darkcointalk where we can discuss stuff like that. Why are you loading this shit directly to bitcointalk where people are simply waiting to panic sell coins they dont understand. I'm returning to this forum every day and find nothing interesting. Close this forum or stop going suicidal on Bitcointalk!
  2. Are you serious? An airdrop? Airdrop means generating coins from thin air, this is really what you need to trust a solid coin right now. And in addition, with 10 new airdropping coins a day, this just tells me why people still think DRK is yet another shitcoin.
  3. Did you ever check exchanges after that suggestion? People really started panic selling, some reported opening their paper wallets. WTF, did you lost your mind?
If we want to get recognized as a serious coin (I know we are) then we should start behaving like that. Start using the darkcointalk to discuss new features or ideas. Stop hinding information on bitcointalk (I'm so active on this forum and missing all the hot stuff).

This is the 2nd time I'm really really disappointed by the DRK devs.

Once in a while I start digging through Bitcointalk and find stuff like that.
  1. Are you serious? An airdrop? Airdrop means generating coins from thin air, this is really what you need to trust a solid coin right now. And in addition, with 10 new airdropping coins a day, this just tells me why people still think DRK is yet another shitcoin.
  2. Did you ever check exchanges after that suggestion? People really started panic selling, some reported opening their paper wallets. WTF, did you lost your mind?

Hey, calm down.
- The airdrop was a bad idea, our dev asked the community and was discarded. That's all.
- We don't work "for the markets". I have some darks and I don't care the daily price. We can't work based on what people are buying or selling every hour. We need a long term watch.

If Evan have an idea (even a bad idea) I like to hear it and vote it. Thats how it works.

I liked how Einsteinium has "wormhole events" for the miners. Little spikes randomly occur that reward miners who stick with the coin.

Obviously the initial deployment was a disaster.

My view or (radical suggestion) is this... reset the coin. Start at block 0. I know it's radical and the coin will lose value for awhile.

In the long term, maybe 10 - 15 people are upset, but hundreds or thousands of miners jump on board and it's a more fair distribution.

As it turns out Evan is a human, aka no one is perfect. Not sure why there was so much paranoia / people getting upset because of one bad IDEA. Repeat - IDEA, the guy was just putting it out there for the community. It's obviously not a good idea and he took it off the table very quickly. That's that.

Really disappointed by DRK devs? Come on man, there are no better devs out there. No need to kneejerk react so hard.

Edit: No no no, a relaunch would kill the coin. It's over anyway, no more radical changes. Evan has (rightly) moved on from those ideas.

My view or (radical suggestion) is this... reset the coin. Start at block 0. I know it's radical and the coin will lose value for awhile.

In the long term, maybe 10 - 15 people are upset, but hundreds or thousands of miners jump on board and it's a more fair distribution.
That'll never happen there are people who have invested tens of thousands of dollars in DRK and would be extremely upset. The drama of last night is done Evan said nothing is going to change anymore other then adding/working on DarkSend and other innovations.

This would have been a terrible idea that would have almost certainly have destroyed Darkcoin. People want something that is concrete and unchanging. As it is right now, you could by chance miss one day on a forum and come back the next to find out that the rules of the game have completely changed. Darkcoin must focus solely on feature implementation and make no further changes to the core economic properties of the coin. Addressing the pre-mine controversy would obviously be nice but I don't think there is any straightforward way of doing redistribution so it is best left unchanged.

10 - 15? Are you kidding? This coin has a 2+ million market cap. There are probably at least a hundred with more than $1000 invested in this coin. This coin in particular attracts more serious-minded people who have money. Not everyone is a gamer kid who mines a few cryptos on the side. Loss of credibility among investors would be devastating.

^ And having a large instamine has killed plenty a coin... I'd say it probably keeps more investors away than it attracts, and as much as I like Dark, it's obvious that the instamine is a problem for a lot of people.

Not everyone is a gamer kid who mines a few cryptos on the side. Loss of credibility among investors would be devastating.

No one using the coin would be devastating. A bunch of "investors" sitting around having a speculative circle jerk together, in no way puts more coins into circulation. In this way DogeCoin has done more for the Alt Community then all its speculators.

I'm pretty sure 90+ percent of the people would be upset and never come back. Most of us have paid real cash for our darkcoin, and you suggest we kill the coin and start over, with nothing to show for it? Really? LOL

^ And having a large instamine has killed plenty a coin... I'd say it probably keeps more investors away than it attracts, and as much as I like Dark, it's obvious that the instamine is a problem for a lot of people.
If that were true, why are we growing leaps and bounds, and our hash rate is huge, way higher than the current price of dark is worth. You have to be blind not to see it. Probably the only reason the price is still so low is because of large holders selling off. After / during that calamity on Bitcointalk, someone dumped over 17,000 coins! Hope it was one of the large wallet holders, and not someone that was spooked because of that stupidity because otherwise they're going to really regret it. And yet, the price only dropped 10%, now that's stability!

Back