• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

stop dash from getting burned

Stop coins from getting burned every month

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
yes , the core has to create a marketing group like they have the developer group , and they need to ask for this remaining money

with 3-4000 dash , they can do real wonders
There is a marketing group is called the Outreach program, and I believe is better if we get them distributed across the community. On the other side, we do need some support for third party podcasts to expand the broadcast to other audiences, otherwise we are just keeping preaching to the choir.

Like, it would be awesome if Leo Laporte from Twit had a podcast on DASH or at least a special series of videos about DASH.

I rather put the funds in a pile than 'burn' them on 'stupid' things.

I don't see why the funds can't go into a fund, which can be used for later budgets should they exceed the monthly fresh set of dash. So still controlled by the masternodes voting on proposals.

I see many benefits of having an extra reserve of funds.
  1. Potential huge investments in the future
    1. Superball add ;)
    2. Acquire another DAO
    3. On-boarding incentives for users
    4. Vulnerability Reward Program
  2. Speculation that dash price will go up, hence better to save for future budgets
  3. Funds left for when block reward goes way down, eventually reaching zero.
This should be built into the network, i.e. no manual management of the extra funds.

I see it as completely natural that we can't match costs with revenue each months. The revenue is what it is, depending on block reward and exchange rate. We should be able to handle variations on the cost side.

Can anyone see any drawbacks of such system?

I agree, this sounds like a great idea. The nice thing about it is we don't need to implement it now since we are still spending less than we create. 5 or 10 years down the road it shouldn't be too hard to look back in the Dash budget history and count how many Dash were never created and then to allow the DAO to create some of these funds when proposal costs exceed the current monthly budget. This way there's no way to hack the funds because, like treasury funds, they will only be created when they are needed.

So we can probably put off this idea until we need to spend more than the monthly budget allows.

Look at dash central. There have been a number of proposals in the past to collect unallocated funds and pool them. These proposals were consistently voted down by MNOs.
That was about 2 years ago

Our community and our needs constantly evolve. Even though I appreciate the info on how decisions were taken in the past by the Masternode (which can effectively gives us hint on how they feel today), I believe that this should not be an argument as our strength should always be adaptation and optimization (Or other organization would do it before us as Ryan Taylor pointed out in the last open-house talk).

Now if it's something that indeed is fairly consistent in the community, that is prefering burning funds than stocking it, maybe it would be an idea to write an article about it on the wikipedia explaining the official position of the dash community regarding that topic.

Because except for stating that it has been discussed on the past, I don't see any proper argument (as no sources were provided), which I'd really be interested in !

While an article/blog post/wiki page might help, it's not a task for me: I'm exceptionally bad writer and public presenter.

Don't mess with coin creation. Predictable coin creation (inflation) is what allows crypto to maintain its value.

While I do agree, Dash has another variable related to the coin supply: the burn rate. Because the number of proposals per month will change it's harder to predict the final coin supply. One might argue that allowing the DAO to resuscitate burned coins would lead to a more predictable coin creation rate.

Having said that, we could still get a pretty good idea of the coin supply by watching the trend of the number of proposals submitted each month, so it probably doesn't really matter if we bring back burned coins!

so it probably doesn't really matter if we bring back burned coins!
I think it does as a public communication point of view. Imagine headlines : "DashCore ressucitate coins in order to get more money... " looks shady to me.

We should definitely stick to how the dash system is working right now : every coin not created is burned, that's why it's important to create every coin to spend them or to stash them.

I agree, this sounds like a great idea. The nice thing about it is we don't need to implement it now since we are still spending less than we create. 5 or 10 years down the road it shouldn't be too hard to look back in the Dash budget history and count how many Dash were never created and then to allow the DAO to create some of these funds when proposal costs exceed the current monthly budget. This way there's no way to hack the funds because, like treasury funds, they will only be created when they are needed.

So we can probably put off this idea until we need to spend more than the monthly budget allows.

I thought about that too, but I just wondering if it will be too difficult to implement?

使用Tapatalk 發送

Don't mess with coin creation. Predictable coin creation (inflation) is what allows crypto to maintain its value.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply
The suggestion to create the coins up to the 10% portion that were not created first time around is still close enough to predictable IMO. It's not like we're proposing to bring coins into circulation in a compound interest fashion a the whim of a politically influenced committee.:)

5000 dash worth $7 million will die , will get burned

why are MNOs so callous about this ?

Imagine if we spent this money on marketing ? how many millions of new people would be aware of dash.

we need to lower the fee at the least , if not we are stopping so many entrepreneurs from posting proposals intentionally.

we need to act immediately to stop this horror.

Is there some way to access the quality of a pre-proposal, and if it looks of a good quality, to allow the proposer the return for the 5 Dash if the proposal is not approved when it gets voted on?

Back