• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

stop dash from getting burned

Stop coins from getting burned every month

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Dashmaximalist

1000s of dash getting burned every month for the lack of proposals and MNs apathy ( or laziness)

as if today there are 6200 dash that can potentially get burned this month, this is just horrible (https://www.dashcentral.org/budget)

All this money should be used for something worth while , can we send 3-4000 dash to the core team's marketing division or something let them spend it on a kick ass marketing plan

The biggest thing that gives power to dash is DAO treasury , don't let the coins burn for sake of slight increase in your coins value as a result of deflation.

If we use this money properly , we can do wonders with marketing

Lot of people are just waiting for EVOLUTION to go crazy on marketing without realizing that Great marketing strategies take months or years to design and this is the right time to do just that

As a back up can donate some dash to well know charities, why not donate to wikipedia and ask them to pay with Dash button right on their fund raising initiative

May be lobby Coinbase to get us listed on them but for God sake , do something

We just need someone submit a proposal to do something you mentioned.

使用Tapatalk 發送

yes , the core has to create a marketing group like they have the developer group , and they need to ask for this remaining money

with 3-4000 dash , they can do real wonders

Last edited:
1000s of dash getting burned every month for the lack of proposals and MNs apathy
- Nothing gets burned ya dumb ass.
- I wanna see proposals which add value to dash, I don't vote for the fun of it. Dash is too valuable to just throw it around.
- I vote down all other proposals. It's about managing my investment, not about anything else.
- Everyone and it's dog is trying to get their hands on the coins. Seen about 673 trolls trying already. Are you a troll?

- Nothing gets burned ya dumb ass.
- I wanna see proposals which add value to dash, I don't vote for the fun of it. Dash is too valuable to just throw it around.
- I vote down all other proposals. It's about managing my investment, not about anything else.
- Everyone and it's dog is trying to get their hands on the coins. Seen about 673 trolls trying already. Are you a troll?
Please englighten me on what happens to the 6000 dash that receives no proposal by the end of the month ?

Right , they don't get created (or they get burnt ) because , there was no proposal that went through

The point is that we should make sure if there are over 1000 dash that are not getting created coz of lack of proposal, the core marketing team should create a proposal to some or most of them and use them wisely

please understand the real value that we get out or dash is through price increase ( the interest earned is very minor) , which is majorly influenced by Marketing

personally i was initially attracted to Dash after watching Amanda's lecture

I rather put the funds in a pile than 'burn' them on 'stupid' things.

I don't see why the funds can't go into a fund, which can be used for later budgets should they exceed the monthly fresh set of dash. So still controlled by the masternodes voting on proposals.

I see many benefits of having an extra reserve of funds.
  1. Potential huge investments in the future
    1. Superball add ;)
    2. Acquire another DAO
    3. On-boarding incentives for users
    4. Vulnerability Reward Program
  2. Speculation that dash price will go up, hence better to save for future budgets
  3. Funds left for when block reward goes way down, eventually reaching zero.
This should be built into the network, i.e. no manual management of the extra funds.

I see it as completely natural that we can't match costs with revenue each months. The revenue is what it is, depending on block reward and exchange rate. We should be able to handle variations on the cost side.

Can anyone see any drawbacks of such system?

Last edited:

I don't see why the funds can't go into a fund, which can be used for later budgets should they exceed the monthly fresh set of dash. So still controlled by the masternodes voting on proposals.

I see many benefits of having an extra reserve of funds.
  1. Potential huge investments in the future
    1. 'Superball add"
    2. Acquire another DAO
    3. On-boarding incentives for users
  2. Speculation that dash price will go up, hence better to save for future budgets
  3. Funds left when block reward goes way down
This should be built into the network, i.e. no manual management of the funds.

Can anyone see any drawbacks of such system?

well said , more money - more power to do bigger things

The biggest reason why dash is awesome is we are using money creatively by paying some for security ( miners), investors and marketing

the moment we get lazy and don't keep up, some one else will do it better

I also agree.

Actually that what's the core team do as far as I understand. Because of price increase, they didn't spent all the amount they had asked for in their budget proposal. So they just put it aside until they need it.

We should definitely do it for the whole unspent budget system.

Question are is it technically feasible ? And how long would it take ? I wouldn't ask how much coz we could simply pay the developers in charge of that from the unspent budget :)

I also agree.

Actually that what's the core team do as far as I understand. Because of price increase, they didn't spent all the amount they had asked for in their budget proposal. So they just put it aside until they need it.

We should definitely do it for the whole unspent budget system.

Question are is it technically feasible ? And how long would it take ? I wouldn't ask how much coz we could simply pay the developers in charge of that from the unspent budget :)

This creates a slight risk of master nodes not voting on anything forever and voting for themselves or something( which is very less likely per se )

The core team needs to strengthen the marketing division immediately , they hired a ton of developers but nothing much on the other divisions

I don't see why the funds can't go into a fund
It will create a target to steal it.
So still controlled by the masternodes voting on proposals.
Not possible.
Superball add ;)
Acquire another DAO
On-boarding incentives for users
Vulnerability Reward Program
That's what proposals are for.
Speculation that dash price will go up, hence better to save for future budgets
Speculate with your own funds, not with other peoples (our) funds.

1. It will create a target to steal it.

2. Not possible.

3. That's what proposals are for.

4. Speculate with your own funds, not with other peoples (our) funds.

1. The only way to access the funds should be through masternode voting. No person should be in possession of a key that could spend the funds. One would have to steal a majority of the masternodes to get the funds, in case we have bigger issues at hand.

2. With all due respect, I choose to not believe that. Of course it's not possible with current implementation. This thread is about a suggester improvement.

3. The budget at hand each month is limited. For large investments one would have to split it up over multiple months. That would not be required if we had a larger capital already saved.

4. You are trolling. I'm suggesting that the masternode operators "speculate". The alternative cost to a proposal changes. Instead of "pay now, or burn the money" it get to "pay now, or save the money"

There will not be 6000 dash not-used in this months budget, that is a huge exaggeration. Most of the proposals haven't been submitted yet, that is why you see so much unallocated.

Dash that is burned means the dash that I hold as an investor is more valuable. I am comfortable with that scenario.

Dash that is burned means the dash that I hold as an investor is more valuable. I am comfortable with that scenario.
thats exactly the short sightedness we need to avoid , if we spent the money in marketing , we would make 10-50x return instead of the milder inflation alternatively

yes, you are right that burning is better to burn it than to give it away to any random person. The question is: Is it better to burn it than giving it future masternode operators (to spend on future proposals)?
It might matter less if we constantly will have more budget than we have proposals. But if we in the future have more proposals than budget it would obviously be better if we had dash saved up.

This was extensively discussed when budgeting system was first introduced. And it was decided against

Back