• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Still haven't received an MN payment...

Random thing are always strange because they are, well, random.

If you want to quantify random events you have to look at the average result over a longer period of time (or with more Masternodes producing more results in the same time).

So, it's the rule, not the exception, that some get more and some get less than the expected average payment/MN/day.
Masternode payments are not random. That is for sure.

Evan for sure has to change the "randomity" of the votes... and enforce in some way the payments cause I got only 50% payments the other 50% are not paid or immlist or not detected or not paid at all....

Evan for sure has to change the "randomity" of the votes... and enforce in some way the payments cause I got only 50% payments the other 50% are not paid or immlist or not detected or not paid at all....

Evan says that he is reverting to the RC3 voting mechanism when RC5 comes along. Unfortunately, I have yet to find somebody who can explain to me what this actually means. I figured that Evan has other stuff on his plate right now.

Evan says that he is reverting to the RC3 voting mechanism when RC5 comes along. Unfortunately, I have yet to find somebody who can explain to me what this actually means. I figured that Evan has other stuff on his plate right now.

Its a randomly voted top 6.. so it is random, just not blindly random. How the voting is random, that I dont know. You get up-voted by having your MN up and running, and when you reach 6 votes, you get the payout for that block.

Its a randomly voted top 6.. so it is random. How its random, I dont know. But you get uo-voted by having your MN up and running, and when you reach 6 votes, you get the payout for that block.

Thanks yidakee. Silly question perhaps but who/what votes?

Its a randomly voted top 6.. so it is random, just not blindly random. How the voting is random, that I dont know. You get up-voted by having your MN up and running, and when you reach 6 votes, you get the payout for that block.
Yes but that's RC3.

The miners, IIRC

Ok, so the miners (somehow) randomly vote for a masternode and when six votes are accumulated by a masternode you get paid 20% of that block? Or is it six simultaneous votes at the time of a block being solved?

Currently I'm in the process of my THIRD re-setup for one and the same MN. It's been setup by two different people now, but the issue remains.

First re-setup:
- No payment for 30+ days

Second re-setup:
- No payment for 7+ days already

Going to give it a third try. Is this a serious bug within the Darkcoin architecture, or is it me having extremely bad luck?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got first payment of 0.5DRK to a node that is 8 days old today.

To be honest its so easy to get lost in a muddle of bad luck and setup error. I have tinkered with some of my nodes thinking there was something wrong when they were fine and vice versa.

Just to repeat what has been said over and over again in this thread, payments are not random at the moment. It is possible to have very bad luck but also possible to have very good luck (10+ payments in a day!).

There is no serious bug in the architecture IMHO but sooner or later masternode owners are going to have to be better informed and prioritised than they are now for the benefit of the network. I have multiple nodes so my luck more or less evens out. What about the equally valuable individuals who have one node who might be running at a loss if they aren't getting their fair share of payments?

I do a test (testnet), i change wallet and masternode key with the same MN IP. thats work fine.

No need to change the IP of the MN when you change your cold wallet and masternode key.

Okay, seems I did get a payment of exactly 1DRK.

Is there a way to check if it's paid by the network, or if someone sent it as a (charity) gift?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is of little relevance given the fact today is RC5 day but in the last 14 days I have received 30 DRK from 6 masternodes.

0.35 DRK per masternode per day.

I look forward to seeing if we see any changes over the next week or so.

Back