• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Spreadcoin

I was led to believe that the Spreadcoin masternodes would be based upon Darkcoin masternodes. Looks like he rewrote it from scratch though. Sorry for the misinformation.

What i got so far is that he is storing the masternode votes in the blockchain - something Darkcoin has done 8 month ago and led to the RC3 fork, as the votes are not deterministic and two blocks can be solved at almost the same time.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/6-20-rc3-post-mortem.1463/

Curious how he will solve this problem, which haunted Evan for weeks and finally was solved by not storing the votes in the chain.

Code:
In SpreadCoin all votes for masternodes will be stored in blocks and the payee will be uniquely determined from previous blocks. Just like you can check that any transaction included in the block is correct by comparing its inputs with outputs in previous blocks you will be able to check that masternode payment is correct by checking previous blocks.
Flare, what's a deterministic vote? I'm still trying to understand this. Thanks.

lonecrouton must be turning on himself into his grave.. He was so proud Spreadcoin prevented pools!

You can obviously have a pool, but any miner who founds a block can just keep it to himself, but still get percentage of blocks found by others - therefor the GTO play is to cheat as long as the pool is operational. Or did I understand it wrong?

Flare, what's a deterministic vote? I'm still trying to understand this. Thanks.
Deterministic means its not random-is an ordered queue if all the requirements are fulfilled and its your turn as a masternode to get paid. (I think, Flare will explain much better, lol).

You can obviously have a pool, but any miner who founds a block can just keep it to himself, but still get percentage of blocks found by others - therefor the GTO play is to cheat as long as the pool is operational. Or did I understand it wrong?
Sounds like the perfect pool, where do I sign up?

Speadcoin dev has gone missing. I think its nearly ten days since last seen or heard on forums or github. Firstly, I hope he's ok. Secondly....wtf?!

1) denial,
2) doubt, uncertainty,
3) shouting and bitching
4) coming to terms
5) acceptance

or something along those lines. Although could be a good time to buy a load of spreadcoin, Head office might after all, be stuck in a 30 mile traffic jam in Beijing on the way to the airport along with 100 million other people !
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/

1) denial,
2) doubt, uncertainty,
3) shouting and bitching
4) coming to terms
5) acceptance

or something along those lines. Although could be a good time to buy a load of spreadcoin, Head office might after all, be stuck in a 30 mile traffic jam in Beijing on the way to the airport along with 100 million other people !
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/

The entire sellside of their orderbook on Bittrex is less than 3BTC...knock yourself out. Any coin is a bargain at $0.035

I think it's all in the plan. It doesn't make much sense if the dev only moved his coins and didn't sell his SPR before disappearing. I think it's all in the plan he and his group of manipulators are planning for a dump and pump.

I think he is on a holiday at the farm !
wasn't there a postcard recently in the mailbox ?
xFWej2h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is on a holiday at the farm !
wasn't there a postcard recently in the mailbox ?
xFWej2h.jpg
LOL... But it's freezin winter right now!

Actually, georgem said Mr.Spread is a very cryptic person... And he did leave this message for his fan boys:
"KYDAEYTWZKGIPOTLOTDPFYUKRYJOPJHIWPTPSRAIJSFYNDROKKRMPEJDEZMCJIGSKJIM"

:grin:

LOL... But it's freezin winter right now!

Actually, georgem said Mr.Spread is a very cryptic person... And he did leave this message for his fan boys:
"KYDAEYTWZKGIPOTLOTDPFYUKRYJOPJHIWPTPSRAIJSFYNDROKKRMPEJDEZMCJIGSKJIM"

:grin:

sorry i can NOT engage in this 'fun' any further
as ether
- the thread will get shut down
or
- i will get my 1st ban warning (out of 3)
:wink:

Back