• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Spreadcoin

If Mr. Spread is truly genuine.. and now he can see his "no pools" model doesn't really work... I wish he would join Evan and the dev team... The more the merrier here.

A collaboration was suggested but Mr Spread politely declined.

We're going to soon find out if he is genuine or not :)

Something I have been trying to communicate is that in this space, there is no incentive for him to join the Darkcoin dev team. Why? Because he doesn't have any Darkcoin and he isn't wealthy enough to buy a boatload to make it worth his while to join the team. What he DOES have is coding skills which can in turn be parlayed into a lot of money via an independent coin. This is why I believe coins like Ripple are so well positioned. They have the means and business acumen to attract additional talent even if that talent doesn't own any Ripple at present.

Its not clear at this time.

Apparently masternodes will be dynamic in terms of number of SPR required to run them creating competition to keep your masternode running. No details are available on what this actually means.

Its all a little suck it and see. Github activity doesn't give much away. Neither does the dev. About 6 to 10 DCT accounts really believe that SPR will be an alt-killer though.
Why would I be thrilled about dynamic masternode collateral requirements? Think about that for a second. I do not want to exert extra effort in making sure my masternodes are always in the queue to be paid, all because some asshole "outbids" me by 1 SPR. That's hardly an innovation. It's maybe an hour (if that) in code for setting the variables and conditioning. I'm a set-it-and-forget-it kind of person.

A handful of people who trust each other enough to form a co-operative and split their combined mining rewards between them without anyone stealing from the others doesn't compromise blockchain security. The practice certainly isn't going to scale to anywhere near the level of centralised vulnerability that other PoW coins suffer from.

Something I have been trying to communicate is that in this space, there is no incentive for him to join the Darkcoin dev team. Why? Because he doesn't have any Darkcoin and he isn't wealthy enough to buy a boatload to make it worth his while to join the team. What he DOES have is coding skills which can in turn be parlayed into a lot of money via an independent coin. This is why I believe coins like Ripple are so well positioned. They have the means and business acumen to attract additional talent even if that talent doesn't own any Ripple at present.
...or he could sell his existing premine and buy Dark. How come no one has disproven why the 80k in lost coins have been moved?

Why would I be thrilled about dynamic masternode collateral requirements? Think about that for a second. I do not want to exert extra effort in making sure my masternodes are always in the queue to be paid, all because some asshole "outbids" me by 1 SPR. That's hardly an innovation. It's maybe an hour (if that) in code for setting the variables and conditioning. I'm a set-it-and-forget-it kind of person.

I'm not sold on it either. I can see positives and negatives and I'm sure there are plenty of variables I'm not taking into account. It's going to be interesting for sure. But for me, it's all about whether he can creative a stable masternode network without need for reference nodes.

I understand what you're saying. But it seems to me that most of the Darkcoiners who are willing to do anything for Darkcoin is because they have a passion for this coin. Sure we would love to make money and many of them have made money from this coin, but I've come across DRK volunteers who donate their time, talents, and efforts more out of their passion for this coin.

I don't know if that is what it means. SPR masternode testing and details are scheduled to begin today.

If it turns out like you say, then I agree that I wouldn't be thrilled by the concept.

As for all this 80k stuff. It remains FUD in my mind until proven otherwise.

...or he could sell his existing premine and buy Dark. How come no one has disproven why the 80k in lost coins have been moved?

I haven't been paying much attention to the trolling so didn't bother to check or not. If he was able to recover the 80k (which wasn't a premine, it was a normal mine that he lost) then good for him. That puts his total coins at around 10% of the total. High? Yes, but in the business arena I am in, founders invariably control 51% or more of the stock. Founders are the ones who should become filthy rich.

I haven't been paying much attention to the trolling so didn't bother to check or not. If he was able to recover the 80k (which wasn't a premine, it was a normal mine that he lost) then good for him. That puts his total coins at around 10% of the total. High? Yes, but in the business arena I am in, founders invariably control 51% or more of the stock. Founders are the ones who should become filthy rich.
If he was able to recover his coins, then the people that donated the 50-60k in coins should rightfully get their donations back.

I understand what you're saying. But it seems to me that most of the Darkcoiners who are willing to do anything for Darkcoin is because they have a passion for this coin. Sure we would love to make money and many of them have made money from this coin, but I've come across DRK volunteers who donate their time, talents, and efforts more out of their passion for this coin.

Many of us see the bigger picture of cryptocurrency and have altrustic motives regarding the technology in general. But it is the potential for profit that drives our passion for specific coins.

If he was able to recover his coins, then the people that donated the 50-60k in coins should rightfully get their donations back.

Agreed.

But that's all a big IF at this point. I'd prefer he focus on deploying masternodes rather than respond to trolling, at present. There will come a time where clarifications can be made.

Many of us see the bigger picture of cryptocurrency and have altrustic motives regarding the technology in general. But it is the potential for profit that drives our passion for specific coins.
Yup! Back to the human nature again. Who's going to be able to modify or control it? But it's also a good thing because without greed, there's no innovation.
As for me I'm interested in DRK because of the anonymity feature that Evan is trying to achieve.

So...we've got the details of the twist.

Only the 1,000 richest masternodes can be selected for payment.

Back