• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(SOLVED)Solo Mining

Paws

I have never tried solo mining but following some guides and other threads, I can't seem to get it to work. I am using CCMiner, I changed the Dash.conf file to
1.rpcuser=wallet address

2.rpcpassword=something random

3.daemon=1

4.server=1

5.listen=1

I put this same information into ccminer's config file and pointed to -o stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:9997 but it fails to connect. Never tried this, completely lost!

Answer:
The "getwork" api call was deprecated and removed in Bitcoin 0.10 which we directly inherited. This means that it is not possible to solomine on Dash v12 - that's why your miner is not able to connect to your wallet.

I miss this feature too in testnet and feel that this should get added back as the hashrate for Dash is by far lower than for Bitcoin and it still makes sense to solomine and "play the lottery"

Last edited by a moderator:
I put this same information into ccminer's config file and pointed to -o stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:9997 but it fails to connect. Never tried this, completely lost!

It's ages since I solomined things, but I think I remember that wallets don't do stratum...try -o http://127.0.0.1:9997
Oh, and check if you've set this port in dash.conf...

I have never tried solo mining but following some guides and other threads, I can't seem to get it to work. I am using CCMiner, I changed the Dash.conf file to
1.rpcuser=wallet address

3.daemon=1

4.server=1

5.listen=1

The "getwork" api call was deprecated and removed in Bitcoin 0.10 which we directly inherited. This means that it is not possible to solomine on Dash v12 - that's why your miner is not able to connect to your wallet.

I miss this feature too in testnet and feel that this should be added back as the hashrate for Dash is by far lower than for Bitcoin and it still makes sense to solomine and "play the lottery"

I miss this feature too in testnet and feel that this should get added back as the hashrate for Dash is by far lower than for Bitcoin and it still makes sense to solomine and "play the lottery"
I understand, thank you!

1.rpcuser=wallet address
3.daemon=1
4.server=1
5.listen=1
Answer:

Flare and Paws, I do not have Nvidia but this solo mining works with sgminer but only with V11, it looks like your rpc port setting is wrong, put this as your dash config, then rerun Dash V11,wait sync and keep running.
(btw, this does NOT work in testnet for me, and does NOT work with V12 because I just tried it!)

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1

goto your sgminer equivalent mining GPU folder and use something like this,

sgminer -k darkcoin-mod -o 127.0.0.1:9332 -u user -p x --thread-concurrency 14208 --xintensity 2048

happy solo mining with V11 :grin:
but you will have big problem to find a block so good luck
please post your config setting sif this works for you ?

upload_2015-8-17_8-55-0.png

Exactly what i wrote: Solo mining is deprecated and removed in v12. And mining with v11 will start forking in September and is not a solution.
fair enough Flare, don't suppose there is any way to bring it back is there, possible small change of code somewhere ?

I already asked UdjinM6 to have a look at this to bring back the getwork api call. I may not be relevant for mainnet, but is crucial for testnet.
Yer ironically I only figured it out on mainet because I was trying to testnet mine, would be good to have it back.

Thanks for the replies, the main reason I was trying is because I have the ability to burst mine x11 at about 1,000,000 Kh/s (1TH), for no more than maybe an hour due to many reason I can't quite explain (yet, mainly because I don't understand it completely). After this hour on a P2Pool My payouts are rediculously broken up (20x-30x 0.03 or less payments) or putting it on a PPS it will either get booted off (support says the hash rate from one miner makes the system think it's a DDoS) or the payout is much less than calculated. Solo mining this should be somewhere around 50 Dash/Day - So I am forced to lower intensity for a similar cost to run at 1/50th the payout.

I'm not here to "get rich" i'm trying my best to make a masternode and become a real part of dash, I have a long way to go but I have more money in equipment than in my bank (to buy dash). I can only imagine people don't appreciate me directing this much power to one node.
JwRctmq.jpg
NwNu03P.jpg

S4DXIBF.jpg

When I break 200-300MH/s I notice half the pool leaves, if this is hurting the other miners, please make me aware of it, at the moment I don't have many places to go that are worth it.

Thanks for the replies, the main reason I was trying is because I have the ability to burst mine x11 at about 1,000,000 Kh/s (1TH), for no more than maybe an hour due to many reason I can't quite explain (yet, mainly because I don't understand it completely). After this hour on a P2Pool My payouts are rediculously broken up (20x-30x 0.03 or less payments) or putting it on a PPS it will either get booted off (support says the hash rate from one miner makes the system think it's a DDoS) or the payout is much less than calculated. Solo mining this should be somewhere around 50 Dash/Day - So I am forced to lower intensity for a similar cost to run at 1/50th the payout.

I'm not here to "get rich" i'm trying my best to make a masternode and become a real part of dash, I have a long way to go but I have more money in equipment than in my bank (to buy dash). I can only imagine people don't appreciate me directing this much power to one node.
JwRctmq.jpg
NwNu03P.jpg

S4DXIBF.jpg

When I break 200-300MH/s I notice half the pool leaves, if this is hurting the other miners, please make me aware of it, at the moment I don't have many places to go that are worth it.

"I have the ability to burst mine x11 at about 1,000,000 Kh/s (1TH).." :what:
"I have the ability to burst mine x11 at about 1,000,000 Kh/s (1TH).." :what::what:
"I have the ability to burst mine x11 at about 1,000,000 Kh/s (1TH).." :what::what::what:
"I have the ability to burst mine x11 at about 1,000,000 Kh/s (1TH).." :what::what::what::what:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

EDIT: sorry, I have no words for this

Thanks for the replies, the main reason I was trying is because I have the ability to burst mine x11 at about 1,000,000 Kh/s (1TH), for no more than maybe an hour due to many reason I can't quite explain (yet, mainly because I don't understand it completely).

I guess after about one hour the power plant of your region breaks down :grin:

I am having trouble with the units, 1 terahash = 1,000,000,000 kilohash, I think Paws means around 1 gigahash,
the network is only 60 gigahash, so if he was a 1 terahash he would be 17 times the whole network, that would certainly shove the difficulty up a bit ~ TIA Paws :wink:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tera-

Back