• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Solo Mining DASH

pentahash

Good day,

I have a question regarding the possible setup of a solo mining pool for a DASH mining farm.

I am constructing a small mining farm, equipment should be delivered in a week or 2. I will be using the Antminer D3 (X11) miners, with a total capacity of 1,500Ghs (1.5Ths) - The idea is to increase the size of the farm 3-fold in the next few months if things work out.

The setup would be simple, all machines on 1 network, connected by TCP/IP - there will be a DC and DHCP server setup to run the network (although the machines will have static IP's)

I have done some research into the mining pools, and there are 2 or 3 which I like, and seem that they are running well. However, the concern i have is over slow and constantly changing latency. sometimes a stratum will have a good latency, then it changes to bad.

I would like to get the most out of the miners, and the question I have is:

1) Is it possible to setup a local server running a wallet, or other software, to which the D3 machines can be pointed to, to mine together (ie on same local network) to improve latency?

2) If so, what should the setup look like? what programs etc? how could it be done?

3) would a small farm of this size justify solo mining, or is it better to just mine in a pool?

any help offered would be much appreciated

E

Back