• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

So, anyway...

Easy there. I'm not suggesting camosoul personally tour it around. But if you've ever built stuff for a convention (which is exactly what this is), you'll know that it makes itself useful for other conventions.

DASH needs exposure. The Dash n' Drink is an awesome conversation starter. It does not need to be a one-off for TNABC.

I agree, but you obviously missed the past few days where everyone shit on camo and solar and acted like they should just be working on all of this for free while everyone else reaps the benefits of price increases and thats unfair to them to be saying stuff like "you should do this or that or blah" because honestly they are just getting more and more irritated people tossing around their opinions like they actually mean something and should be heard.

This community doesn't know how to show appreciation is my point. Its the equivalent to a shitty boss you'd never want to work for.

Its the equivalent to a shitty boss you'd never want to work for.
THIS! If I had known what a bunch of clueless, bratty ingrates I was dealing with, I never would have applied for the job! And sure as fuck not at minimum wage! As it stands, even if we did do it, we're expected to re-evaluate and give ourselves a pay cut every time we successfully increase the price! Look at what has already happened! We boosted budget space by 75%, and then got kicked right out of our own earnings, all while the Occupy Wall Street protesters spit in our face and tell us we don't deserve $8/hr whole they vote to get paid $16/hr for total bullshit jobs! Why do you think I'm asking people to downvote the proposal? Even if it goes through, I'm not fuckin' doing that! Nooo fuckin' way!

Every business I had lined up to try this out has walked away and now I look like an ass for ever suggesting it.

THIS! If I had known what a bunch of clueless, bratty ingrates I was dealing with, I never would have applied for the job! And sure as fuck not at minimum wage! As it stands, even if we did do it, we're expected to re-evaluate and give ourselves a pay cut every time we successfully increase the price! Look at what has already happened! We boosted budget space by 75%, and then got kicked right out of our own earnings, all while the Occupy Wall Street protesters spit in our face and tell us we don't deserve $8/hr whole they vote to get paid $16/hr for total bullshit jobs! Why do you think I'm asking people to downvote the proposal? Even if it goes through, I'm not fuckin' doing that! Nooo fuckin' way!

Every business I had lined up to try this out has walked away and now I look like an ass for ever suggesting it.

People keep glancing over my point so let me make it again I guess.

NOONE WANTS TO WORK FOR A DEMANDING SHITTY BOSS. And thats exactly what this community is acting like. If you can't do something yourself, please don't bother expecting someone else to do it.

The day we have bankers running Dash, I will concede to doing a expense report, until then, stop asking.

It's not even about me. It's about what a bunch of idiots the DASH MN voters have made of themselves. I vouched for you guys, and you pissed all over it. You've been seen by the very businesses you wanted to invade, and there's no fuckin' way they'll even talk about it now that they've seen you in "action." You want to be handled with kid gloves and I'm a meanie face doodie head for telling you how it is... Grow up. The real world doesn't have patience for your bullshit.

You had a chance to shape up or ship out, and you shipped out.

It's not even about me. It's about what a bunch of idiots the DASH MN voters have made of themselves. I vouched for you guys, and you pissed all over it. You've been seen by the very businesses you wanted to invade, and there's no fuckin' way they'll even talk about it now that they've seen you in "action." You want to be handled with kid gloves and I'm a meanie face doodie head for telling you how it is... Grow up. The real world doesn't have patience for your bullshit.

You had a chance to shape up or ship out, and you shipped out.

The ship is burning captain, DO SOMETHING!!!!

/sits in the corner

Very few of us would survive this burning ship, most would expect everyone else to save them too... just saying.

The whole point is that this works in the real world. So, uh, why not put it in the real world instead of convention/conference bubbles?
We don't have to choose. We can do both. CES is a useful, albeit sprawling convention. We can identify one or two other conventions in the coming year that don't suck. Put the Dash n' Drink out in the real world, then yank and haul it to conventions as needed.

We don't have to choose. We can do both. CES is a useful, albeit sprawling convention. We can identify one or two other conventions in the coming year that don't suck. Put the Dash n' Drink out in the real world, then yank and haul it to conventions as needed.

There is not enough money to do this, so to suggest it is kind of pointless.

Not being rude, just being honest.

We can't even get a MEASLY 3,000 funded for these projects to continue.... yet we should focus on CES which costs easily upwards of 20,000

edit: For clarity, I have designed booths for large conferences, that shit is NOT cheap. The booth itself is easily 5-15k, not to mention the fees they tack on can easily push the bill to $30,000.

Option one: useless crap that doesn't do anything and costs a shitload of money
Option two: something that's useful and costs a lot less

Why do both?

There is not enough money to do this, so to suggest it is kind of pointless.

Not being rude, just being honest.

We can't even get a MEASLY 3,000 funded for these projects to continue.... yet we should focus on CES which costs easily upwards of 20,000
This is FUD. You can spend as much or as little as you like for booth space (or rent a hotel room nearby). If CES can accomodate fledgling cottage industries like high end audio, DASH can make a show there.

the best idea is having Evan, the Lead Developer of Dash, get on the phone with Richard Brandson. Evan first off wants to thank Richard Branson for being invited to the Satoshi Roundtable and he would like to know if Richard is interested in having the first instantx Dash Soda Machine shipped to the island for the event.

Option one: useless crap that doesn't do anything and costs a shitload of money
Option two: something that's useful and costs a lot less

Why do both?
Because we can bend people's minds when we tell them we got there via blockchain contract.

This is FUD. You can spend as much or as little as you like for booth space (or rent a hotel room nearby). If CES can accomodate fledgling cottage industries like high end audio, DASH can make a show there.

Do you have any links to prove Im spreading FUD?

Cause I know about this thing called google.... http://www.inc.com/ilya-pozin/what-it-costs-to-exhibit-at-ces.html

And just because I know you won't even bother to read it:

I asked an exhibitor (who wished to remain nameless) what it costs to join the likes of Sony, Intel, Microsoft, Toshiba, Panasonic and hundreds of other tech brands at CES. He says it's a bit like planning a wedding, so start saving now.

$20,000: Space on the convention center floor

$50,000: Booth rental

$20,000 - $30,000: Booth design

$5,000: Booth set-up

$5,000 - $10,000: Product giveaways for show attendees

$5,000 - $10,000: Staff expenses

$2,000 - $4,000: Travel expenses

$1,000: Wi-Fi access (that's per day and it ain't that great)

Want to meet the press? That can go as high as $10,000.

the best idea is having Evan, the Lead Developer of Dash, get on the phone with Richard Brandson. Evan first off wants to thank Richard Branson for being invited to the Satoshi Roundtable and he would like to know if Richard is interested in having the first instantx Dash Soda Machine shipped to the island for the event.
Would be a lot easier to send the Pi and the relay board without the box... I can make an image of the SD card...

Do you have any links to prove Im spreading FUD?

Cause I know about this thing called google.... http://www.inc.com/ilya-pozin/what-it-costs-to-exhibit-at-ces.html
I have experience navigating CES.
We already did that.

Are you suggesting we rest on the laurels of an alpha-level proof-of-concept and not move forward?
Not at all. Now I don't know shit about the vending machine industry. But there has to be a 'show' or a 'convention' where those guys congregate every year. The Dash n' Drink rev B needs to get there. That will turn heads and expose DASH to the merchant side of the business.

I have experience navigating CES.

Not at all. Now I don't know shit about the vending machine industry. But there has to be a 'show' or a 'convention' where those guys congregate every year. The Dash n' Drink rev B needs to get there. That will turn heads and expose DASH to the merchant side of the business.
Most of these people can hardly tie their own shoes... It's not exactly a high-margin business populated by the best and brightest... That's like attending a janitorial expo... Our urine cakes are better than you urine cakes!

Back