• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

So, anyway...

camosoul

It looks like there's enough votes. But not enough budget... Why is that?

Why is it that the one project that is responsible for the budget space increasing by roughly 75%, can't get a piece of it's own earnings? The one and only proposal that has actually done something with IX has so much trouble getting in on a piece of it's own action...

How long has IX existed? 7 months now? What has been done with it? Hell, mobile wallets didn't even have it until all of a sudden this machine that was never intended to be seen by the public showed up on a 900 mile 500lb glorified gnoming trip to Miami. About a week before it did, suddenly there was action... I'm only stating a fact, don't get mad that I'm pointing out reality.

Seems a lot of people are mad that I'm expecting them to get up off the couch, put the bong away, put on some pants, and go outside. I've been called all kinds of names by the very people who are best described by the names they're calling me. Typical. Lazy doesn't equate to stupid. They know that pointing the finger at someone using the very words they should be using on themselves makes it look like a "you're an X, NO, YOU'RE an X" kind of argument right off the bat. And I'm the childish, petulant one? But since every lazy-ass does it, it's not as clever as they think. If they weren't so damned lazy, maybe they'd have enough life experience to realize it's the first game played by every lazy fucker. But lazy fuckers don't usually meet up, since they don't do anything or go anywhere, so they all think it's oh so clever...

I really don't care. You peel a useless idiot off a couch and make him do some work for the first time in his life, he's bound to call you some names. Whatever. Imagine if they ever went to Boot Camp? Nah, they'\d never sign up for something entailing that much responsibility...

So, how long has IX been rotting on the vine, and nobody has even had the thought that it might need integration support? What's that Foundation doing since DASH become a virtual Corporation that no longer needs the tethers of antiquated and corrupt Legal Integration? Well, no man is an island...

DASH needs to support IX. Vendors need a way to cash out that answers no interest but DASH. Why doesn't the Foundation take on that task?

Why is it the budget can find room for yet another do-nothing blah blah blah that costs $5000 just to show up? But the project that might actually, you know, do something, has so much trouble getting a piece of the very thing it created? I get it. We love Evan. I do, too. I'm totally jealous that Sara(h?) married him, and was totally into Evan before we even knew he existed. But, the Round Table isn't useful. Ohhh, so exclusive, invite only, so elite, so special, so better than everyone else. Isn't that exactly why Bitcoin is a failure? Repeating a comfortable pattern, with no concern for where it leads...

I'm not writing this with the hope that it'll change anyone's mind or make a difference. I know it won't. That's why I voted down my own proposal and made such a stink. This community needs to grow up if it expects businesses to trust it as an income conduit.

I know it's not everyone. But, this is like voting on whether or not to stick your head underwater and inhale deeply. How is this even a debate? I wanted to be sure that a real supermajority was capable of making that fairly obvious choice... I couldn't change the 10%, so I changed other things. The art of the possible. 10% isn't merely a problem for letting bad ideas sneak through. It's a bad idea because it allows too much laziness and stupidity in the system.

Stupid people will vote the roof down on their own heads. Majority rule is not necessarily wise or trustworthy. It's just mob rule, after all. Has there never been a riot in the history of the world? Masternodes are still too cheap, and dumb decisions will keep them that way.

If you want more budget space, do something to make dash more valuable. Taking money away from the only project that has ever done that, to fund some more dopey crap where arrogant dicks talk about their busted ponzi CrapCoin, just because that's what has been done for the last 8 years, is not the move DASH needs to make. Yes, that's what other cryptos do. What have they accomplished, exactly? Self-alienation.

DASH isn't other crypto. It shouldn't act like other crypto unless it wants to end up like other crypto. Following a pattern, just because everyone else is doing it, paying no attention to the fact that it's a pattern of failure... Wake up! Look around you! Do you really want to be a useless moron just because everyone else is doing it? Do you even realize what you're bumbling towards?

The emotional idiocy makes this seem ironic, but it's nothing but a logical conclusion. Bitcoin cannot fulfill it's own vision due to a lack of feature set that leaves it good for nothing but ponzi/mlm mindless trading, trolling, hyping, and bagholding. DASH can fulfill Satoshi's vision of cruptocurrency due to not lacking that needed feature set. But not if you ignore it and leave it rotting on the vine forever. Aw crap, I split my infinitive...

You're being handed Gold, on a Silver Platter, and you're not smart enough to pick it up with your Platinum gloves... Just because it's outside of the comfortable pattern of failure you desperately want to follow?

3 years ago I chose to be homeless because I refused to keep repeating the pattern of failure around me. Now I own my land, my house, my car, my workshop, all the equipment in it including a cool CnC machine, and I have no debt and haven't even looked at a credit report in about a decade because I don't need it. My copany brings in more money per month than the entire DASH budget, even as I completely neglect it and build a stupid DASH vending machine. The only thing I did was stop following the get a job, go to college, get a mortgage and a student loan, or worse, pay rent, etc, pattern of failure. Everyone calls me a crazy asshole, but from where I'm sitting, do you think I care what those sad haters say? Most of them earn way more money than I do, and still can't get by... I bet they feel real important stuck in their daily grind, while I contemplate which boat I'm going to buy and sail away from this bullshit for the rest of my days. I'm not bragging. I'm just showing you how bad it really is to stick with a pattern of failure just because it's comfortable and everyone is doing it.

DASH doesn't have to be the same, it has the feature set to break away from the pattern of failure, but the people in it and behind it can't seem to make the play. Go ahead and call me names. I'll send you a postcard from Vanuatu, as soon as I take my sweet time getting there...

Is this really such a hard choice to make?

Last edited by a moderator:

First off, the Dash budget isn't your money. It's money from investors. You are asking people to give you a large amount of money for a lot of years, without showing them a detailed plan. It's like saying, Ok guys we're are going to make a movie, but you haven't got the script, actors, locations, etc.

A detailed plan breaking down where every cent goes, is a must. Breakdown how much parts cost, labour, even give estimates if you have to. But just do it.

If that's not possible shorten the time. I'd rather vote on a 1-2 month proposal than something that takes years. People want to see results. The Dash InstantX Soda Machine is great, but where is it now? What are we doing with it? Maybe you should sell Dash instantx soda machines to the Dash community, just a thought. Sell 100 and have the Dash community donate them to University students/college profs.

Example Proposal: Buying 25 used soda machines in order to install Dash instantx, will cost approximately ...., project will completed in 1-2 months. Cost for paint... Cost for parts... Labour...

First off, the Dash budget isn't your money. It's money from investors.

You are wrong. It's DASH created from the blockchain that masternode owners allocate to projects that in their opinion will help the DASH ecosystem.

You are asking people to give you a large amount of money for a lot of years,

You are wrong. This proposal (like any other ongoing proposal) can be voted out of existence at any time. Please refresh yourself on the rules of the game.

without showing them a detailed plan..

You are wrong. A lengthy layout of the goals of this project has been posted on dashwhale, this forum, and bitcoitalk ann thread.

Why is it that the one project that is responsible for the budget space increasing by roughly 75%, can't get a piece of it's own earnings? The one and only proposal that has actually done something with IX has so much trouble getting in on a piece of it's own action...

How long has IX existed? 7 months now? What has been done with it? Hell, mobile wallets didn't even have it until all of a sudden this machine that was never intended to be seen by the public showed up on a 900 mile 500lb glorified gnoming trip to Miami. About a week before it did, suddenly there was action... I'm only stating a fact, don't get mad that I'm pointing out reality.

Seems a lot of people are mad that I'm expecting them to get up off the couch, put the bong away, put on some pants, and go outside. I've been called all kinds of names by the very people who are best described by the names they're calling me. Typical. Lazy doesn't equate to stupid. They know that pointing the finger at someone using the very words they should be using on themselves makes it look like a "you're an X, NO, YOU'RE an X" kind of argument right off the bat. And I'm the childish, petulant one? But since every lazy-ass does it, it's not as clever as they think. If they weren't so damned lazy, maybe they'd have enough life experience to realize it's the first game played by every lazy fucker. But lazy fuckers don't usually meet up, since they don't do anything or go anywhere, so they all think it's oh so clever...

I really don't care. You peel a useless idiot off a couch and make him do some work for the first time in his life, he's bound to call you some names. Whatever. Imagine if they ever went to Boot Camp? Nah, they'\d never sign up for something entailing that much responsibility...

So, how long has IX been rotting on the vine, and nobody has even had the thought that it might need integration support? What's that Foundation doing since DASH become a virtual Corporation that no longer needs the tethers of antiquated and corrupt Legal Integration? Well, no man is an island...

DASH needs to support IX. Vendors need a way to cash out that answers no interest but DASH. Why doesn't the Foundation take on that task?

Why is it the budget can find room for yet another do-nothing blah blah blah that costs $5000 just to show up? But the project that might actually, you know, do something, has so much trouble getting a piece of the very thing it created? I get it. We love Evan. I do, too. I'm totally jealous that Sara(h?) married him, and was totally into Evan before we even knew he existed. But, the Round Table isn't useful. Ohhh, so exclusive, invite only, so elite, so special, so better than everyone else. Isn't that exactly why Bitcoin is a failure? Repeating a comfortable pattern, with no concern for where it leads...

I'm not writing this with the hope that it'll change anyone's mind or make a difference. I know it won't. That's why I voted down my own proposal and made such a stink. This community needs to grow up if it expects businesses to trust it as an income conduit.

I know it's not everyone. But, this is like voting on whether or not to stick your head underwater and inhale deeply. How is this even a debate? I wanted to be sure that a real supermajority was capable of making that fairly obvious choice... I couldn't change the 10%, so I changed other things. The art of the possible. 10% isn't merely a problem for letting bad ideas sneak through. It's a bad idea because it allows too much laziness and stupidity in the system.

Stupid people will vote the roof down on their own heads. Majority rule is not necessarily wise or trustworthy. It's just mob rule, after all. Has there never been a riot in the history of the world? Masternodes are still too cheap, and dumb decisions will keep them that way.

If you want more budget space, do something to make dash more valuable. Taking money away from the only project that has ever done that, to fund some more dopey crap where arrogant dicks talk about their busted ponzi CrapCoin, just because that's what has been done for the last 8 years, is not the move DASH needs to make. Yes, that's what other cryptos do. What have they accomplished, exactly? Self-alienation.

DASH isn't other crypto. It shouldn't act like other crypto unless it wants to end up like other crypto. Following a pattern, just because everyone else is doing it, paying no attention to the fact that it's a pattern of failure... Wake up! Look around you! Do you really want to be a useless moron just because everyone else is doing it? Do you even realize what you're bumbling towards?

The emotional idiocy makes this seem ironic, but it's nothing but a logical conclusion. Bitcoin cannot fulfill it's own vision due to a lack of feature set that leaves it good for nothing but ponzi/mlm mindless trading, trolling, hyping, and bagholding. DASH can fulfill Satoshi's vision of cruptocurrency due to not lacking that needed feature set. But not if you ignore it and leave it rotting on the vine forever. Aw crap, I split my infinitive...

You're being handed Gold, on a Silver Platter, and you're not smart enough to pick it up with your Platinum gloves... Just because it's outside of the comfortable pattern of failure you desperately want to follow?

3 years ago I chose to be homeless because I refused to keep repeating the pattern of failure around me. Now I own my land, my house, my car, my workshop, all the equipment in it including a cool CnC machine, and I have no debt and haven't even looked at a credit report in about a decade because I don't need it. My copany brings in more money per month than the entire DASH budget, even as I completely neglect it and build a stupid DASH vending machine. The only thing I did was stop following the get a job, go to college, get a mortgage and a student loan, or worse, pay rent, etc, pattern of failure. Everyone calls me a crazy asshole, but from where I'm sitting, do you think I care what those sad haters say? Most of them earn way more money than I do, and still can't get by... I bet they feel real important stuck in their daily grind, while I contemplate which boat I'm going to buy and sail away from this bullshit for the rest of my days. I'm not bragging. I'm just showing you how bad it really is to stick with a pattern of failure just because it's comfortable and everyone is doing it.

DASH doesn't have to be the same, it has the feature set to break away from the pattern of failure, but the people in it and behind it can't seem to make the play. Go ahead and call me names. I'll send you a postcard from Vanuatu, as soon as I take my sweet time getting there...

Is this really such a hard choice to make?
I also hate seeing so much DASH being thrown away just to shake the right hands. Will there be a webcam live streaming the round table conference to all the MNO's so we're not left out of the loop? Don't count on it.

Addendum: Also, most of us MNO's are not ARISTOCRATS but a group of DOERS. Let's stop sitting around tables and actually START DOING STUFF. We can say our s*** smells better than others all day but unless we actually try to make it into GOLD, it's still s***. ACTIONS speak louder than words. LET'S GET TO WORK!!! Enough "talks".

First off, the Dash budget isn't your money. It's money from investors. You are asking people to give you a large amount of money for a lot of years, without showing them a detailed plan. It's like saying, Ok guys we're are going to make a movie, but you haven't got the script, actors, locations, etc.
So, you haven't seen what we can do? You're lying.

A detailed plan breaking down where every cent goes, is a must. Breakdown how much parts cost, labour, even give estimates if you have to. But just do it.
I have a list of right here of real business owners who agree with you:
Code:
You see, they all walked away when they saw a decision-making body that couldn't pull their heads out of their asses to save their lives...

You don't seem to understand the stigma that crypto ponzi twits have spent 8 years creating... Real grown-ups have even less patience for this than they do for most, because they've already learned. One little thing is all it takes, and this is a huge thing...

I'm starting to see their point.
If that's not possible shorten the time. I'd rather vote on a 1-2 month proposal than something that takes years.
I'd rather have a problem that can be solved in 1 - 2 months than one that will take all of the forsee-able future out of my life. But that's not reality.
People want to see results. The Dash InstantX Soda Machine is great, but where is it now? What are we doing with it?
This is my fault? You get free stuff and now you want someone to handle it for free forever for you?

It was a closed test and development platform. That's it. It has served it's purpose. It even got twisted into a last-minute demo at a show in Miami that absolutely was not worth going to, at great expensive to my health, sanity, and bank account.

If you want to do something else with it, YOU DO IT.
Maybe you should sell Dash instantx soda machines to the Dash community, just a thought. Sell 100 and have the Dash community donate them to University students/college profs.
Just because a thing exists doesn't make it magically profitable. Have you ever had a job or run a business before?
Example Proposal: Buying 25 used soda machines in order to install Dash instantx, will cost approximately ...., project will completed in 1-2 months. Cost for paint... Cost for parts... Labour...
Why would anyone even want to do something that amazingly stupid? We already have one machine that not one member of this community will lift a finger to place somewhere useful. Why do we need 25?

So like I keep telling you, vote no. You clearly don't understand the magnitude ot the task at hand, or anything relating to accomplishing it. Keep posting your academic opinions. Those who can't, teach.

And, again, you've repeated another already-debunked lie. There is no timeframe. Masternodes can walk away from anything, any time, and leave us hanging with long term commitments and massive debts. Only a damn fool agrees to that. If I did something that stupid, who among the businesses I contact would ever, ever take me seriously?

If you don't understand even that much of the matter, you have no need to post the same old FUD over and over again. Just vote no, and squat in your cave polishing your precious. The power has gone to your head, you want to jerk people around just because you think you can, and you're just not that special...

The budget allocation for February is now a 3 horse race. There are some proposals that are certain to pass this cycle, such as core team and dash.org. Then there are 3 others:

Vendor-Experience
satoshi-roundtable
transform-pr

As they say in the Thunderdome "3 proposals enter, 2 proposals leave!"

The tiebreaker for these 3 proposals is of course the level of support. At the moment, masternode owners have to choose which 2 of the 3 to support. Of course, if one of them was to withdraw and resubmit at a later date or for a smaller amount...

maybe because someone making the proposal without checking how much free budget available atm ?

At the time that Vendor-Experience (729 DASH) was submitted, 734 was available. This was in case the 5 DASH proposal DASH Vs Bitcoin Video should pass.

maybe because someone making the proposal without checking how much free budget available atm ?
No. It's because idiots comfortable with a pattern of failure keep voting for proposals that don't make the budget any bigger; don't add value to DASH.

camosoul

I don't even own any masternodes anymore and I have never voted so don't attack me. I'm only stating my feelings. Also, I never said I wanted free stuff, didn't you get compensated for going to the Dash Miami Event? Yes, I have a job. And let me tell you it's tough. But stop personally attacking me. I never attacked you, only the budget proposal that was submitted. Half of what you are writing is personal frustration and attacks. If you want your budget to pass I suggest you hold back your emotions and keep it professional.

oaxaca
The money comes from investors. People that own Dash are investors. Miners that hold are investors as well. Masternode owners are investors. Masternode owners can vote, but that does not mean that other Dash owners are monitoring the developments. They can sell their Dash at anytime if they see money being wasted.

Also, where is his plan? His plan is not detailed enough. All I saw was a short description no cost breakdown for every part, labour, etc, where is that?

If that's not possible shorten the time. I'd rather vote on a 1-2 month proposal than something that takes years. People want to see results. The Dash InstantX Soda Machine is great, but where is it now? What are we doing with it? Maybe you should sell Dash instantx soda machines to the Dash community, just a thought. Sell 100 and have the Dash community donate them to University students/college profs.

This might work 10 years from now when there is alot of competition for ubget space, but right now its not worth the time it takes to even do the paperwork, a simple goal for the funds should be plenty.

It's not like we can even fund anything useful yet anyways, just 1 off projects.... soooo how about we stop asking so much from these people wanting to do said projects at a loss..... because lets face it, noone will be profiting off garage inventions, and even if they did, is that so bad?

didn't you get compensated for going to the Dash Miami Event?

If you remember, the original budget proposal was for more than the one that passed. It was resubmitted for a lower amount. That amount did not include the approximately 3,700 hours of Camo's time. He ended up getting about $0.00 / hour for his efforts.

camosoul

I don't even own any masternodes anymore and I have never voted so don't attack me. I'm only stating my feelings. Also, I never said I wanted free stuff, didn't you get compensated for going to the Dash Miami Event? Yes, I have a job. And let me tell you it's tough. But stop personally attacking me. I never attacked you, only the budget proposal that was submitted. Half of what you are writing is personal frustration and attacks. If you want your budget to pass I suggest you hold back your emotions and keep it professional.

oaxaca
The money comes from investors. People that own Dash are investors. Miners that hold are investors as well. Masternode owners are investors. Masternode owners can vote, but that does not mean that other Dash owners are monitoring the developments. They can sell their Dash at anytime if they see money being wasted.

Also, where is his plan? His plan is not detailed enough. All I saw was a short description no cost breakdown for every part, labour, etc, where is that?

No one is giving away money is the point. Seeing as it was never theirs in the first place. Voting to allocate funds =/= investor imo.

You could call Otoh an investor if he funded this himself, but since noone is doing that, I say we stay away from incorrect wordage. It's confusing as to the goals here.

Addendum: Also, most of us MNO's are not ARISTOCRATS but a group of DOERS. Let's stop sitting around tables and actually START DOING STUFF. We can say our s*** smells better than others all day but unless we actually try to make it into GOLD, it's still s***. ACTIONS speak louder than words. LET'S GET TO WORK!!! Enough "talks".

Actually, I think Dash needs both: talks and action. They are not conflicting.

If you remember, the original budget proposal was for more than the one that passed. It was resubmitted for a lower amount. That amount did not include the approximately 3,700 hours of Camo's time. He ended up getting about $0.00 / hour for his efforts.

People keep forgetting this.

He was actually negative, because we as a community, didn't properly support him.

And no we are all attacking him for not working hard enough, yet noone else has a proposal to submit.... odd.

I did not know about this. Dash Community should buy the soda machine from him.

I did not know about this. Dash should buy the soda machine from him at the very least.

No, DASH masternode owners should rally behind the Vendor-Experience proposal to carry on the job of bringing merchant adoption to the DASH ecosystem.

Anybody that wants to pick up the Miami machine is more than welcome to do so. Contact Camo for pickup instructions.

I did not know about this. Dash Community should buy the soda machine from him.
And waste more funds? Whos going to do the expense reports? Keep it filled? Find a home? Keep fixing it when it craps out or has a bug? Gather the money? Handle the money?

I promise you not a single community member will step up to the plate. It's easy to ask alot of people, but goodluck not being disappointed.

No, DASH masternode owners should rally behind the Vendor-Experience proposal to carry on the job of bringing merchant adoption to the DASH ecosystem.

Anybody that wants to pick up the Miami machine is more than welcome to do so. Contact Camo for pickup instructions.

I can't vote, don't own a masternode anymore. It would be great to know how many masternode owners actually exist compared to # of masternodes.

Back