• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should the Core Team start "saving" for massive market campaign?

Should we save any unclaimed funds for future marketing?

• yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Ok... I had to check on the "Samsung Big" idea... So maybe not "Samsung Big", but big like 2% of the market cap or 532,117,936*.02 = ~ 10.6M USD... From the best staffed proven marketing firm we can buy... :)

"n 2016, Samsung spent 11.5 trillion Won (around $10 billion) on marketing its brand and products to consumers all over the world. The tech giant spent 4.4 trillion won (around $4 billion) of its marketing budget on advertisements, which is 15 percent more compared to the year before"

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-lg-marketing-budget-2016-761744/

hey how do we get the master node badge on your profile like the one you have thanks??

Actually thinking about it...... Saving is one thing, but before we stock pile a bunch of cash, the core team business development folks should work on a full blown RFP like the outline attached... So we know were we are heading and what we can expect from a professional well thought out launch strategy... Executed by a professional marketing firm with accuracy and precision. Those firms will need the RFP before they get started anyway... @Macrochip, @rango and I are talk about some RFP process stuff being built into DashCentral in the future, but this launch is here nor there... We need to follow best practices, as this could be over a million USD launch... Cheers!

Can't wait to see all the details of the RFP process. And, I think we should stockpile the excess ahead of time. If we get a very big approved proposal, we might suddenly lack the funds when we want a big publicity campaign down the road.

We are about a year away from Evolution being launched. I would like to see the core team start storing money for a huge campaign that would run all over the world, at the same time, plus expanding the team that on-boards merchants. Seeing Jza's proposal for Cancun, a very beautiful and popular Tourist destination in Mexico, I'm also thinking of concentrating on tourist destinations, big cruise lines, places where exchanging money for either the tourist or the merchants is a real pain. Plus, these places catch people in a mentally open state.

Anyway, should we request core collect funds, especially funds that are left over after all budget items go through, just for funding a future mass marketing campaign once Evolution finishes?

Could you please stop this advertising bubble and invest in development?
DASH code is a mess, it needs a lot of development, and you have very few developers.

I vote no for the marketing, and yes for saving unclaiming funds for development and charities.

Could you please add my poll option? Until then, my vote is no.

Last edited:
Dash core took about 1500 dash for coders last month to hire some 10 Devs , i don't remember them taking money for markeing

Dash core took about 1500 dash for coders last month to hire some 10 Devs , i don't remember them taking money for markeing

Have a look at linux kernel contributors.
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/graphs/contributors

I think that the cryptocurrency of the future will be something bigger than the linux kernel, especially if you decide to include in it code chunks that will be ignited upon MNs vote.
So you need more developers, having only 10 Devs is not enough.

i think people need to realize crypto currency is a business not science experiment and businesses need solid marketing if they want to survive

most MN dont vote and those who vote are dead against any change in the current structure i wonder thats the main reason for current price stagnation

Back