• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should the Core Team start "saving" for massive market campaign?

Should we save any unclaimed funds for future marketing?

• yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
I agree... would add that we should have the Marketing function in place to do the Evo launch... I wouldn't call it a DAO either... But that's me... This is the picture in my head...
right yes we should definitely have a solid marketing strategy before evo launch we are talking about 3-4 millions of budget , that definitely calls for professional approach not an ad-hoc one

The talk of minting coins, etc for future proposals like those related to the Evo product launch and marketing efforts, should be justification enough for a "Finance Director / Coordinator" as well as a "Marketing Director / Coordinator"... See the image I drew above... my2duffs!

Last edited:
Tante, I would wholeheartedly support this. Last month, over $100,000 was simply not created. What a waste--imagine how much evo marketing could have been done with that money!!! Taking leftover funds each month and putting them in a "savings" account for this purpose would be amazing!

minting new dash for special circumstances would be a huge huge mistake and rip up the community ( ETH vs ETC ) and it would open a can or worms and make the fundamental rule of crypto violated ( no more predictable supply)

its much better to stash the coins now , instead of minting them in future through some hard fork

I think you're misunderstanding. I'm suggesting not to allow any supply go up in smoke, but rather be created per the allotted amount. I'm only suggesting this because when Evolution is finished, we would then be in a position to have a MASSIVE marketing campaign including some giveaways, etc... But the coins would never be more than the allotted supply.

My guess is that anybody who holds these 'savings' will be get a visit from the government, IRS, big harry and will be sued into oblivion.

I would rather like to see marketing budget applied in support of our natural growth. I think we do alright right now.

Massive advertising could be effective when we have evolution, when we have apps working on evolution (to provide the functionality we want to advertise), when we have evolution whitepapers reviewed, when we have code reviewed and security audits done, when we have the major bugs fixed.

At that time our budget should have grown enough to finance any marketing required.

My guess is that anybody who holds these 'savings' will be get a visit from the government, IRS, big harry and will be sued into oblivion.

I would rather like to see marketing budget applied in support of our natural growth. I think we do alright right now.

Massive advertising could be effective when we have evolution, when we have apps working on evolution (to provide the functionality we want to advertise), when we have evolution whitepapers reviewed, when we have code reviewed and security audits done, when we have the major bugs fixed.

At that time our budget should have grown enough to finance any marketing required.
That's why we have a foundation :)

...Massive advertising could be effective when we have evolution, ...At that time our budget should have grown enough to finance any marketing required.
I think we should plan and budget for it beforehand. A pre-launch campaign is often more important than the actual launch itself. Look at what they do with blockbuster movies; car launches; new cell phones etc etc; .
You can plan a campaign where different phases are activated as different milestones (in development) are reached. And you should definitely stockpile a war budget for something big like this.
You simply cannot go 'too big' with the Evo launch - this has been our USP for ages - now we have to deliver and announce our joining the 'big leagues' with as much fanfare as possible.
I suspect every Dash we spend (effectively) will quickly be superseded by the price rise.

... Ether seems to be the stable bet at this time for storing funds in crypto.....
Not sure about this idea. If the word gets out that we are doing that...? Ether will laugh halfway to the moon and Dash will dive.

Last edited:
Yes! This is a very good idea! A massive, coordinated marketing campaign released when Evolution launches is a great idea! I think it's in Dash's best interest to start researching killer marketing people who understand global markets. Also, this person could start doing research to determine how a global campaign could best be launched. Since most people are online and this is a digital currency, I'd personally put advertising money into online stuff first. Most people are glued to their smartphones anyway.

... A massive, coordinated marketing campaign released when Evolution launches...
Not just 'when', but before: even months before. How long is the pre-publicity - the slow buildup to the crescendo before a new Apple or Samsung product launch?
Win 7 hype started a couple of years? before the time.
An..tici...pation does wonders to a share price. Coins should be no different.
But you are right - get a hotshot company who knows the game - preferably also knows crypto. They will know better.

Ok... I had to check on the "Samsung Big" idea... So maybe not "Samsung Big", but big like 2% of the market cap or 532,117,936*.02 = ~ 10.6M USD... From the best staffed proven marketing firm we can buy... :)

"n 2016, Samsung spent 11.5 trillion Won (around $10 billion) on marketing its brand and products to consumers all over the world. The tech giant spent 4.4 trillion won (around $4 billion) of its marketing budget on advertisements, which is 15 percent more compared to the year before"

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-lg-marketing-budget-2016-761744/

Not just 'when', but before: even months before.

Yes, well, part of my Dash For Newbies series is created just for this purpose.....to create an engaged audience who are following Dash and who can adopt Evolution when it comes out. What I was talking about is a global camaign of advertisements, paid ones, that is very coordinated.....to be released upon the launch of Evolution.

.... What I was talking about is a global campaign of advertisements, paid ones, that is very coordinated.....to be released upon the launch of Evolution.
Yep - I see a two pronged campaign: One creating curiosity & anticipation for the couple of months before launch and then your Big Bang launch. I think we are on the same page anyway and I'm sure this has already been pencilled in on the big kahunas todo lists long ago. But a gentle reminder not to leave it too late is a good thing ;) This should be huge and costly.

And then: Trying to get merchants in every major city all over the world... WOW :eek: The big time is scary...

Last edited:
And i voted yes too :)

I feel the people on this thread are really pragmatic , others dont get the real deal

people today dont bother to check things out unless they are marketed to them , even if you are the best product in the world

let alone geeky crypto currency

The power of marketing is huge and we need to embrace it fully

Last edited:
And i voted yes too :)

I feel the people on this thread are really pragmatic , others dont get the real deal

people today dont bother to check things out unless they are marketed to them , even if you are the best product in the world

let alone geeky crypto currency

The power of marketing is huge and we need to embrace it fully

A recent case example just to further your point, citing the whitepaper of Coinbase's recent token card :
Funding Breakdown
Marketing – 40%
Direct Sales and Marketing – 25%+
Core Development – 30%
Legal and Compliance – 5%

Back