• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Sending DRK from active masternode

Lzeppelin

I know the masternode fees will be paid to your masternode so you will have a 1000 + fees balance and I know you can spend the excess DRK from your masternode but my question is do you have to take the masternode offline to spend DRK as long as you keep 1000 in it? For example I have my wallet with 1000 DRK on my server running as a masternode I also have my wallet on my home PC running from darkcoin-qt so I can easily keep an eye on the balance and it seems to work, will I be able to send DRK from my qt wallet and keep masternode status as long as I keep at least 1000 DRK in the wallet.

What, same wallet.dat on 2 separate clients? I didn't know that was possible! I'm certainly no expert, but my intuition is that this is not such a great idea... but again, I'm no expert.

Would be great for someone to comment

I presume you are keeping the wallet on your PC on 24/7 for this to work properly. I'm not sure of how much chatter is done between the MN and your remote wallet client?

I started to do this but then put it on a second VPS so that if I get internet / power issues then my MN will stay online and in the good MN category - although this is based on an assumption and not actual knowledge of how it is truly working.

I would also like to know how to retrieve DRK once I get some.

True true.
How can we send earned coins from masternode to another address without stopping its activity?
I mean do we have to stop darkcoind send coins and be sure there will be 1000 coin on it to start it again? OR if we do like this the masternode will NOT atart because there was some activity in tx out on the wallet?

This is one of the things I tested out on testnet over the weekend - it's pretty straightforward and behaves like you'd expect. I set up a Local / Remote MN:

1) Waited overnight for MN payments to hit the Local wallet.
2) Opened local darkcoind and transferred the excess of 1000 drk from Local to Remote (sent about 90 coins)
3) Stopped darkcoind on local ---> everything continued working as expected, another 90 or so drk were in there today when I checked

I didn't test to see how the system behaved if more than the 1000 was pulled out, however it seemed to work quite well and seamlessly as long as the balance was => 1000

thnx snogcel ! So looks like it causes no problems tx out from the wallet. NICE thnx again.

You can even transfer the wallet balance minus 1000 DRK to another address from the hot wallet. The 1000 DRK of the masternode are "frozen" as long as the node is running.

Back