• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Roadmap - Plans for the next release

Or we can go with OBSIDIAN
Obsidian is a naturally occurring BLACK volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock. It is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimum crystal growth.

It is pure darkness...

Or we can go with OBSIDIAN
Obsidian is a naturally occurring BLACK volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock. It is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimum crystal growth.

It is pure darkness...
Black Panther and Obsidian are the two best sounding so far, rolls off the tongue nice...

Black Panther and Obsidian are the two best sounding so far, rolls off the tongue nice...

Somebody mentioned a chicken as a mascot yesterday ... i can not remember who that was .... :wink:

Somebody mentioned a chicken as a mascot yesterday ... i can not remember who that was .... :wink:
Haha...

Darkcoin Black Chicken Release... I kind of like it...

Night_View-Predator-PIR-Motion-Detector-Alarm-Deterrent-Chickens.jpg

I always did prefer the dark meat...

OK, I think it's past my bedtime:confused:

Obsidian. That brings me back. This one was in my rotation circa 2000 at Burning Man. Could be the new DarkCoin Theme.

EDIT - Don't give up before 4 minutes...

Just throwing my idea for a name out there "LibertyX" or just "Liberty" has a nice sound to it.

Obsidian. That brings me back. This one was in my rotation circa 2000 at Burning Man. Could be the new DarkCoin Theme.

EDIT - Don't give up before 4 minutes...

Wow this brings me back, Is that Rickie Lee Jones in the beginning from the Orb little fluffy clouds?

let's name the v0.10.18 after "moli" for warning us first that the previous version is broken and the Darksend transactions can in fact be traced :)
No, please don't. More credits go to the devs, Aswan, and many other people who looked into the code and have been working relentlessly to make Darkcoin better and better.

Can i vote for not naming the release? All these names confuse me.

But i like blackness and Moli deserves props so....id name it the BlackMoli release
LOL.... I can't stop laughing when I read your post and Light's post. Bad suggestion! :tongue:
Btw, oblox said to me in IRC pm: "<oblox> Should just call it Darkcoin MDMA then :p"

LOL.... I can't stop laughing when I read your post and Light's post. Bad suggestion! :tongue:
Btw, oblox said to me in IRC pm: "<oblox> Should just call it Darkcoin MDMA then :p"

haha! Fine, if not Darkcoin "Molly" then I can agree to the second best title "Darkcoin MDMA" ;)

ITT: People wanting to be the one who named a Darkcoin release, almost no one discussing the actual announcement. If you name it after some sort of big cat, we'll look like OS X.

We could name it after an Archetype… You know an Angel or a Hindu God, something like that... ;) Sorry if that was a bad joke…. lol

v0.10.18.x:

The last release was a giant success and Darksend is mixing (for most users), the transactions are very secure and anonymous. But there's still some issues with the implementation. We're going to utilize all of our new talent (Patrick and UdjinM6) to help restructure and flush out the design of Darksend over the few weeks.

Changes will include:
  • Closing all of the security vulnerabilities we can find.
  • Getting Darksend mixing working better (it gets stuck frequently, it's not user friendly)
  • Improving Darksend mixing feedback to the user
  • Redoing some of the Darksend/Masternode code to make it easier to understand
  • Moving to 0.9.3 Bitcoin code base, based on Darkcoil (thanks to Vertoe)
After this update, we want Darksend to mix faster (We're targeting 4-8 hours @8 rounds) and easier for your average everyday user. We'll also look through the code again
for vulnerabilities and close them all. We're gaining much more attention (good and bad), so we want the code to be as secure and easy as possible before diving into introducing InstantX.

During this period the InstantX code will be open-source and merged into the project. We encourage developers to look at the implementation and give feedback to improve it before we launch.

We need a new release name for this upcoming release. Suggestions are welcome!

The Darkcoin Team
Are you still going to implement the "Change Contracts using Atomic Transfers" with the plan you talked about when we were on that thread?
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/change-contracts-using-atomic-transfers.3067/page-7#post-31090

With dead change going to the network, it's a non-issue at the moment.
Evan answered this question on #darkcoin-test. I'll post it here for you guys to see:
[15:21:41] <evan82> No, I'm not even sure it's needed. We'll see how the current structure functions for awhile.
[15:22:47] <evan82> Currently it's mixing, completely anonymous and without any known issues. I'd hate to mess with that.
[15:23:08] <evan82> I'd rather work on getting the mixing smooth as butter
[15:23:22] <evan82> It'd be nice if you could mix 8 rounds in an hour

Evan answered this question on #darkcoin-test. I'll post it here for you guys to see:
Sounds about right. If the time for 8 rounds could be reduced to that amount of time, there isn't any reason not to default to 8 and get rid of the option to specify less. Better pool of pathways and better represents how powerful multiple rounds can be in terms of anonymity through obscurity.

Back