• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Roadmap - Plans for the next release

eduffield

Core Developer
v0.10.18.x:

The last release was a giant success and Darksend is mixing (for most users), the transactions are very secure and anonymous. But there's still some issues with the implementation. We're going to utilize all of our new talent (Patrick and UdjinM6) to help restructure and flush out the design of Darksend over the few weeks.

Changes will include:
  • Closing all of the security vulnerabilities we can find.
  • Getting Darksend mixing working better (it gets stuck frequently, it's not user friendly)
  • Improving Darksend mixing feedback to the user
  • Redoing some of the Darksend/Masternode code to make it easier to understand
  • Moving to 0.9.3 Bitcoin code base, based on Darkcoil (thanks to Vertoe)
After this update, we want Darksend to mix faster (We're targeting 4-8 hours @8 rounds) and easier for your average everyday user. We'll also look through the code again
for vulnerabilities and close them all. We're gaining much more attention (good and bad), so we want the code to be as secure and easy as possible before diving into introducing InstantX.

During this period the InstantX code will be open-source and merged into the project. We encourage developers to look at the implementation and give feedback to improve it before we launch.

We need a new release name for this upcoming release. Suggestions are welcome!

The Darkcoin Team

Great News
Darksend is the most important part in this puzzle and HAS to be working 150% anonymous, secure and user friendly
I am very happy that the new Dev team will put some time and resources behind this.

Ready for 10.18 ZeroX

Bring it on !! ;)

How about Nosferatu ? ... 'cos with DS + ITx + Darkcoil... we're going to stick our fangs and suck the blood out of every other crypto out there!

:eek:

Indeed, wonderful news!
As far as name suggestions go, I suggest that we remember we are still early in the development cycle. Obscurum, or Obscurinium, (In keeping with our mineral theme) is a wonderful idea, but suggest we save it for a more mature release. Since the focus here seems to be on "unsticking" speeding, easing use, and generally lubricating Darksend; I humbly suggest "Graphite" in keeping with the dark mineral theme. Nothing fancy at this point, just good solid utility, ease of use, and slick.

When we are closer, or in, whole numbers (eg 1.0) I suggest we consider something like Graphene--high tech, invisible, and bullet proof!

Indeed, wonderful news!
As far as name suggestions go, I suggest that we remember we are still early in the development cycle. Obscurum, or Obscurinium, (In keeping with our mineral theme) is a wonderful idea, but suggest we save it for a more mature release. Since the focus here seems to be on "unsticking" speeding, easing use, and generally lubricating Darksend; I humbly suggest "Graphite" in keeping with the dark mineral theme. Nothing fancy at this point, just good solid utility, ease of use, and slick.

When we are closer, or in, whole numbers (eg 1.0) I suggest we consider something like Graphene--high tech, invisible, and bullet proof!
Yep, Graphite works for me as well. Other suggestions would have been what was originally posted from me with Shades of Black: Obsidian, Slate, Midnight, Ebony, etc

Mineral/gemsone names are pretty solid for releases anyway: Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Opal

let's name the v0.10.18 after "moli" for warning us first that the previous version is broken and the Darksend transactions can in fact be traced :)

Darkcoin Eclipse darkcoiners... from light to dark...

Mhn0xxKl.jpg

Back