• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Request: How to keep wallet offline and safe.

I mean transfer or withdraw or ...whats the right word. Ive tried that too on restarting the wallet still no joy.
You still do not see the coins show up on your wallet? The balance is still 0?

Ok, now try this:
On your wallet console, type "listaddressgroupings" (without the quotes), press ENTER.
It will give you a list of addresses on your wallet. Look at the list of the addresses to see if any of those addresses matches your address on the blockchain explorer?

I mean transfer or withdraw or ...whats the right word. Ive tried that too on restarting the wallet still no joy.
When you go to your wallet darkcoin-qt (?) after iportprivkey, do you see the address has been imported into the wallet?

Ok, now try this:
On your wallet console, type "listaddressgroupings" (without the quotes), press ENTER.
It will give you a list of addresses on your wallet. Look at the list of the addresses to see if any of those addresses matches your address on the blockchain explorer?

No I don't see the address on the block chain explorer. Hmmm looks like we getting somewhere.

No I don't see the address on the block chain explorer. Hmmm looks like we getting somewhere.
Is the address in your wallet? May I see your address so I can check for you if it's on the blockchain? You can send it to me via PM.

When you go to your wallet darkcoin-qt (?) after iportprivkey, do you see the address has been imported into the wallet?

Bro I don't even know how to do that. That's actually a good question. So how do I verify that it has been imported into the wallet? After I importprivkey "dashaddress" nothing happens I don't get any error message either.

Bro I don't even know how to do that. That's actually a good question. So how do I verify that it has been imported into the wallet? After I importprivkey "dashaddress" nothing happens I don't get any error message either.
well after importing you should have a tilt time...about some seconds because it does a scan and if there werer the coins you should see the updated balance too.... if you had coins there and you think you`ve imported because no any info is provided and no balance has been cahnged that smething is wrong..

Can you provide the privkeys to UdjinM6 so he can check whats going wrong? If you trust enough? He is legit member so no worries....just my idea.... because it is strange that it does not get imported as it should have to....

Well how do I verify first if I have successfully imported my privetkey. Matter of fact don't I need to import public first onto my wallet then private because my paper wallet public key address is not in my wallet yet.

Well how do I verify first if I have successfully imported my privetkey. Matter of fact don't I need to import public first onto my wallet then private because my paper wallet public key address is not in my wallet yet.
Then it just means the private key hasn't got imported into your wallet yet.
And that's why you don't see your coins in your wallet.

:) when you import privkey it means you will have your public address in your wallet.....

public is for all and noone can take your coins having your publickey...but if they have privkey it is the same as they have your coins....... do you get the difference now?

Got it I get that concept. I have to pair my public to my private to get access. But what if the public address is not part of my listaddresgroup? The public address is in y paper wallet nt in my listaddressgroup.

Back