• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Report of C-CEX situation with DRK because of feb, 23 accident.

You asked for options. I'm giving you options. Giving us bland answers is not helping. So tell us your plan to become "BIG"? Some of us here don't have enough to give you "TIME". And what's you idea of "TIME". How much time? We have already gave you 5 months with little to show. How much DRK does C-Cex owe and to how many different people? How much BTC does C-Cex bring in daily? I'm guessing there are some cuts you can make to start paying people back. If your using BTC/Money to improve C-Cex. Well that's money that C-cex can use to pay people back. We didn't cause this. Your site did. I don't care how it happened or who did it. All I know is i had funds in your account and you took it away. Do you plan to give interest on the coins you are holding?

So C-CEX what's your plan? I don't want to hear that you will pay back and you need 100 years. I want to hear a plan! I want to hear weekly updates on that plan.

Please stop telling us that you plan to be "BIG" and that's when you can 100% pay. Because 99% of the people here probably think it's horse shit.

Absolutely agree to do everything possible. And we are here to keep communication. Selling c-cex will not solve problem - there will be far not enough money to refund. As I wrote above we are working hard to become big. This is the only way to make 100% refunds possible. Of course we need time for that.

C-cex.
As an outsider just kind of following this thread. Your in a bad situation, and it doesn't seem as though your plan to address it is helping. Firstly I would say you probably should have tried to handle this on a more personal level then posts on public threads. I know if someone lost my money I would feel being addressed personally in email or phone call much more professional and productive.

If I were you I would try in get in contact with all individuals, try and verify who is owed how many coins for each person. The find out on a individual basis what people would be willing to accept to make this right. Some ppl may need there coins right away, some ppl may be cool waiting around if you promise them intrest . I think the poster up ahead had it best in the idea that you just offer those individual a stake in your company, maybe they would be willing to consider there missing dark as payment for shares in your company.

But what you have now is a pr disaster. You have to find a plan that reassures ppl that they will be paid back and end all the negativity towards your site that's playing out all over the forums. The longer this goes on the worse for you.

Lastly I do want to give you some credit for atleast showing up and taking responsibility, But at some point your going to have to realize that the plan you put forward is not helping your situation, and find something that does.

C-cex.
As an outsider just kind of following this thread. Your in a bad situation, and it doesn't seem as though your plan to address it is helping. Firstly I would say you probably should have tried to handle this on a more personal level then posts on public threads. I know if someone lost my money I would feel being addressed personally in email or phone call much more professional and productive.

If I were you I would try in get in contact with all individuals, try and verify who is owed how many coins for each person. The find out on a individual basis what people would be willing to accept to make this right. Some ppl may need there coins right away, some ppl may be cool waiting around if you promise them intrest . I think the poster up ahead had it best in the idea that you just offer those individual a stake in your company, maybe they would be willing to consider there missing dark as payment for shares in your company.

But what you have now is a pr disaster. You have to find a plan that reassures ppl that they will be paid back and end all the negativity towards your site that's playing out all over the forums. The longer this goes on the worse for you.

Lastly I do want to give you some credit for atleast showing up and taking responsibility, But at some point your going to have to realize that the plan you put forward is not helping your situation, and find something that does.

Thank You for Your comment.
Yes, individual contact is the thing we tried before this post. And that was also mistake that exacerbated the situation. We tried to workout discrepancies personally but had no actual possibility for that.
Yes, disaster. Before posting we clrear understood that. But took decision to fix terrible mistake made in feb and become transparent for our customers.

As a kind of report, I want to inform that we increased our volumes about 5x times and it is stable for 3 weeks already. Also we don't have discrepancies and even picked up some deposits and DRK trading: https://c-cex.com/?p=drk-btc (2BTC volume today).

Yes, individual contact is the thing we tried before this post. And that was also mistake that exacerbated the situation. We tried to workout discrepancies personally but had no actual possibility for that.
Yes, disaster. Before posting we clrear understood that. But took decision to fix terrible mistake made in feb and become transparent for our customers.

As a kind of report, I want to inform that we increased our volumes about 5x times and it is stable for 3 weeks already. Also we don't have discrepancies and even picked up some deposits and DRK trading: [link removed to meet 1st posting rules] (2BTC volume today).

A long time watcher/investor in DRK but my first posting here. As someone that's been in business and knows all too well the difficulties with debtors and creditors and the often deleterious effect they can have on cash flow, I'd just like to comment for a moment on this somewhat bizarre thread.
C-cex, many on here have acknowledged that, although you're in a bind and experiencing some difficulty, it's good that you're at least being transparent and telling everyone what's going on. However I think you may have missed some fundamental concepts when you set off to be in business and you have an even greater misunderstanding of how things work by the manner in which you're describing your situation.
Firstly, it doesn't matter whether you made a mistake, someone else made a mistake or you have lost a whole lot of DRK through some other scenario, you CANNOT, repeat CANNOT, take payment for a good or a service knowing that you can't deliver that good or service. Regardless of the specific circumstances you're battling, that is fraud. You have fraudulently accepted payment for goods or services that you can't deliver. And, you can't say "we'll pay everyone back when we're BIG", that's not how commerce works. You have to immediately liquidate some assets, beg or borrow to get the funds to pay those customers back. Anything less than an immediate response and you are just perpetuating the fraud. As it is you have carefully laid out the entire situation on this thread so that any lawyer would have an easy win in court on a charge of fraud. When you say "but we haven't benefited, just had losses" (or words to that effect) you're misunderstanding what constitutes a benefit. Your customers that have purchased DRK in good faith from you and now do not have their DRK are experiencing a disadvantage right now. They don't have access to those funds to make other investment decisions, pay their creditors or make any number of choices as to what they'll do with their funds. The benefit you're experiencing is that you're NOT paying a lender for capital to cover the lost DRK. You're keeping your business afloat and NOT suffering the consequences of the loss (although clearly it is stressful; but financially the immediate cost of capital to cover the loss is not being borne by you, it's being borne by your customers who don't have access to the DRK they've purchased).
As someone above pointed out, this is a PR disaster. The cost of interest on a loan to cover the missing DRK will be but a tiny fraction of the lost revenue you will be experiencing going forward. Do you not understand this absolutely fundamental concept? If the bank you keep fiat in could not be accessed and you rang the bank and they said "we've made a mistake and all your funds were taken.....as we trade over the next weeks/months/years we should be able to get them back" what would you likely do? I'd suggest you'd be physically down there at a branch of the bank (along with thousands of other people) demanding your money. Likewise if you bought a book on Amazon and, after debiting your credit card, they said "sorry, we don't actually have those books and don't have any funds to get them into stock, but as we make more sales of other books we'll be in a better position and will get you your book sometime in the future" would you think that even remotely legal let alone reasonable? And what if you booked a seat on an airline and turned up at the airport on the day to go on your flight and they said "sorry but we've lost a whole lot of money through a mistake and can't afford to fly this route at the moment, but as we make money on some of the other services, we'll start funnelling the funds back for this route to get it going again and let you know when we can fly you to your destination" would you think this to be even remotely reasonable?
Sorry for the long and drawn out text in this posting but you just don't seem to be understanding that you MUST pay these people back immediately or enter into a contract with them detailing terms on how and when they'll be paid. Just posting simplistic statements on here about how your volume is up just doesn't cut it. You have to resolve this immediately or 1) these people are going to sue you 2) your exchange will fail because as word get out it will be like a run on a bank and you'll end up with everyone withdrawing all their holdings and trade will drop off to the point where you're not covering your operating expenses 3) both 1 and 2 will happen simultaneously.

As a kind of report, I want to inform that we increased our volumes about 5x times and it is stable for 3 weeks already. Also we don't have discrepancies and even picked up some deposits and DRK trading: (2BTC volume today).

c-cex,
Are you going to answer my questions? You can't ignore the tough questions and avoid the tough posts.

You asked for options. I'm giving you options. Giving us bland answers is not helping. So tell us your plan to become "BIG"? Some of us here don't have enough to give you "TIME". And what's you idea of "TIME". How much time? We have already gave you 5 months with little to show. How much DRK does C-Cex owe and to how many different people? How much BTC does C-Cex bring in daily? I'm guessing there are some cuts you can make to start paying people back. If your using BTC/Money to improve C-Cex. Well that's money that C-cex can use to pay people back. We didn't cause this. Your site did. I don't care how it happened or who did it. All I know is i had funds in your account and you took it away. Do you plan to give interest on the coins you are holding?
So C-CEX what's your plan? I don't want to hear that you will pay back and you need 100 years. I want to hear a plan! I want to hear weekly updates on that plan.
Please stop telling us that you plan to be "BIG" and that's when you can 100% pay. Because 99% of the people here probably think it's horse shit.

1. Plan is to make everything possible to grow. We will notify on significant steps.
2. It is impossible to give any time prognosis.
3. How much? - it is in my initial post
4. We have about 25-30 BTC daily volume. We have 0,05 BTC from it. 50% we pay to refund people lost from 23 feb. So there is 0.025 BTC left daily for keeping up project
5. We don't have any extra money or funding.
6. We don't hold any coins.

to bitman267
Thank You for Your thoughts. I read all carefully. There is several parts I can't agree with You. We are not a bank and don't have backup banks has. As I mention before - we are small startup. In 13 days from the beginning we got millions of dollars value (at current price) of funds flow. We just did not expect such volumes and had and have nothing to backup them. Also, as I mentioned before we don't have any assets to make instant compensations.

wow this isn't good. Im surprised there are no lawsuits yet. Definitely fraud wether intentional or not.

D@rk, I know you mean well but do you not have a formal way of getting in touch with c-cex? Email the document to him rather than posting it on the forum?

It might get to him quicker ?

D@rk, I know you mean well but do you not have a formal way of getting in touch with c-cex? Email the document to him rather than posting it on the forum?

It might get to him quicker ?
I did that, via the support and Skype. No answer so they leave me no choice but to do it publicly. You would think a serious exchange would have a public address or whois but of course they don't.

D@rk "we will presume that you do not intend to resolve this situation amicably"
Looks like this thread is not showing to You that we are in intend to resolve situation.

D@rk "we will presume that you do not intend to resolve this situation amicably"
Looks like this thread is not showing to You that we are in intend to resolve situation.
I have to agree. I don't agree on the way you handle things but that's not my cup of tea. I'm glad you are still here taking on the hard discussions. Others would have been gone for months already.

C-cex, I think you're missing the point. D@rk gave you money in good faith sometime ago and it's now past the point where he's no longer willing to wait. And rightly so, he shouldn't have to wait. I would count your blessing take out a loan to repay him.

Be thankful that others haven't followed through with law suits

I think he presumes that C-Cex is not going to resolve this in a timely manner and probably not at all. This thread only shows that your willing to talk about the problem. You offer no real solutions except "Hey if we become huge we will pay you back".

C-cex, I think you're missing the point. D@rk gave you money in good faith sometime ago and it's now past the point where he's no longer willing to wait. And rightly so, he shouldn't have to wait. I would count your blessing take out a loan to repay him.
Be thankful that others haven't followed through with law suits
It is imposible to us to take loan, and we can't take loan to pay only him. We owe very much more to other people that we have to thank, keep patience and let us work to resolve this issue.

Back