• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recovering from backup

regarding the automated back up folder, that was lost with computer, the manually saved backup file was saved on the dropbox so I still have it

Hello! I've been using my DASH CORE software running in windows 10 64 bits quite normally until yesterday morning.
When I tried to open dash core today, the dash-qt.exe was missing and the software did not launch. All the files are ok, including wallet.dat.
All I can remember is that yesterday, after lunch, I've updated my avast antivirus (it was free and I bought a premier version).
Should I uninstall dash core, reinstall it and then copy the .dat files in the program directory?
Thank you!
P.S.: Avast's historic does not mention any action concerning the dash-qt.exe file. What a mystery!

Last edited:
Hello! I've been using my windows 10 64 bits dash core normally until yesterday morning. After lunch, I've updated my avast antivirus (it was free and I bought a premier version).
So when I tried to open dash core today, the dash-qt.exe was missing and the software did not launch.
All the files are ok, including wallet.dat.
Should I unistall dash core and reinstall it in the same folder the other one was?
Thank you!

Yes, uninstall and reinstall should do the trick but it will probably delete it again next scan so it will need to be whitelisted first, no idea how that's done but it's due to a false positive of the clients mining component. Worth sending them a report too but probably won't do any good, apparently they've been told about it dozens of times and it seems they've still not added it to the whitelist.

Problem solved.
It was the avast that moved the file to the quarantine. This action was listed in the history, I just haven't noticed because it was not in cronological order.
I inserted this exception in the avast scanning and hope it will not happen again.
Thank you.

Goldvolcano, its great that your problem is solved but that absolutely doesnt help me one bit, if anything you just changed the topic from specific questions I asked for recovering vast fortune that I have lost, (which is fine as this is a public forum but would be nice to acknowledge and/or add something to the topic of this thread) , I am increasing reward to 2 dash coins for anyone who is bother to help

@stan
If you have latest 12.1.5 wallet and its synced and its not running, then

- take your backup file (dash.dat) and rename it to wallet.dat
- copy wallet.dat to C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DashCore
- start wallet and wait it to sync
- report back to here

XXX = your user name in windows os

Goldvolcano, its great that your problem is solved but that absolutely doesnt help me one bit, if anything you just changed the topic from specific questions I asked for recovering vast fortune that I have lost, (which is fine as this is a public forum but would be nice to acknowledge and/or add something to the topic of this thread) , I am increasing reward to 2 dash coins for anyone who is bother to help

You are right. I am sorry. I'm glad your problem was solved. :)

Could be it's still catching up, it could take a few hours but it shouldn't take an entire day! Maybe start again from zero by deleting the newly created dashcore folder and following this:
Back everything up beforehand of course!
Sorry , it might not work for me, because I didn't back up the data before , are there any suggestion to restore Android data without any backup files ?

Last edited:
Sorry , it doesn't seem to work for me .i still can't open the backup file

* make a backup of your current wallet and place it somewhere save, then close your wallet
* go to your backups folder inside your DashCore folder and copy one of those backups from there to the DashCore folder
* rename the backup (wallet.dat+date) to just wallet.dat
* start wallet with commandline option -reindex

If you have problems with downloading and syncing the blockchain then download the Dash bootstrap
from here : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap and place it in the DashCore folder (by default that folder can be found here : C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DashCore).
This way you dont have the download the whole blockchain through the Dash wallet, you just have to sync it.

Deleting the peers.dat from the DashCore folder may also help with syncing the blockchain.

Last edited:
Perhaps , some people like me didn't backup any data before data loss , it is impossible to reover data from backup for me ,
So we need to restore data Android phone without backup .

Last edited:
Perhaps , some people like me didn't backup any data before data loss , it is impossible to reover data from backup for me ,
So we need to recover deted Android phone without backup .

This thread is about DashCore Wallet not Android / Mobile wallet recovery
(start another thread in the mobile section)

* make a backup of your current wallet and place it somewhere save, then close your wallet
* go to your backups folder inside your DashCore folder and copy one of those backups from there to the DashCore folder
* rename the backup (wallet.dat+date) to just wallet.dat
* start wallet with commandline option -reindex

If you have problems with downloading and syncing the blockchain then download the Dash bootstrap
from here : and place it in the DashCore folder (by default that folder can be found here : C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DashCore).
This way you dont have the download the whole blockchain through the Dash wallet, you just have to sync it.

Deleting the peers.dat from the DashCore folder may also help with syncing the blockchain. After this, you can recover the data after deletion.

This rocks! it helped me get the data back, thanks

Last edited:
Back