Recovering from backup

goldvolcano

Aug 30, 2017
Goldvolcano, its great that your problem is solved but that absolutely doesnt help me one bit, if anything you just changed the topic from specific questions I asked for recovering vast fortune that I have lost, (which is fine as this is a public forum but would be nice to acknowledge and/or add something to the topic of this thread) , I am increasing reward to 2 dash coins for anyone who is bother to help
You are right. I am sorry. I'm glad your problem was solved. :)

Waccery

Oct 17, 2017
Could be it's still catching up, it could take a few hours but it shouldn't take an entire day! Maybe start again from zero by deleting the newly created dashcore folder and following this:
Back everything up beforehand of course!
Sorry , it might not work for me, because I didn't back up the data before , are there any suggestion to restore Android data without any backup files ?

Last edited:

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Sorry , it doesn't seem to work for me .i still can't open the backup file
tell me again what you r problem (and what system) is
in general i would say:
reindex

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
Sorry , it doesn't seem to work for me .i still can't open the backup file
* make a backup of your current wallet and place it somewhere save, then close your wallet
* go to your backups folder inside your DashCore folder and copy one of those backups from there to the DashCore folder
* rename the backup (wallet.dat+date) to just wallet.dat
* start wallet with commandline option -reindex

If you have problems with downloading and syncing the blockchain then download the Dash bootstrap
from here : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap and place it in the DashCore folder (by default that folder can be found here : C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DashCore).
This way you dont have the download the whole blockchain through the Dash wallet, you just have to sync it.

Deleting the peers.dat from the DashCore folder may also help with syncing the blockchain.

Last edited:

Lomkerp

Nov 14, 2017
Perhaps , some people like me didn't backup any data before data loss , it is impossible to reover data from backup for me ,
So we need to restore data Android phone without backup .

Last edited:

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Perhaps , some people like me didn't backup any data before data loss , it is impossible to reover data from backup for me ,
So we need to recover deted Android phone without backup .
This thread is about DashCore Wallet not Android / Mobile wallet recovery
(start another thread in the mobile section)

Adsncker

Nov 13, 2017
So we need to recover deted Android phone without backup .
You can reopen a thread to discuss the problem

chatinski

Aug 27, 2018
* make a backup of your current wallet and place it somewhere save, then close your wallet
* go to your backups folder inside your DashCore folder and copy one of those backups from there to the DashCore folder
* rename the backup (wallet.dat+date) to just wallet.dat
* start wallet with commandline option -reindex

If you have problems with downloading and syncing the blockchain then download the Dash bootstrap
from here : and place it in the DashCore folder (by default that folder can be found here : C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DashCore).
This way you dont have the download the whole blockchain through the Dash wallet, you just have to sync it.

Deleting the peers.dat from the DashCore folder may also help with syncing the blockchain. After this, you can recover the data after deletion.
This rocks! it helped me get the data back, thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: qwizzie