• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

Hahaha sorry buddy minotaur you must take for an idiot, you are comparing the use of the word circle and the word Dash.

Believe me I'm also tired as seeing you guys so ineffective as a foundation. You have the worst PR people I have ever encountered and I havn't seen anything from the foundation as far as common business sense yet, or results, I'm still waiting. Come on hate me! prove to me you guys are really good! And can do better than use the same ****** name as the rothschilds financial product and say its not just called dash...

Also as an investor in Darkcoin and the only person to create a Darkcoin business so far as I know... Hate me if you want, if it makes you guys better that's ok! :)

We don't need an amazing name? Are you completely insane?

This is from the PDF I linked above from a company which specialize in creating brand names. You do this rebrand ONCE and you get something that sticks. That's not done in a few pages of posts, half of which are people saying they either hate or like "Dash.

I agree with your point.

The technology behind the project is unique and revolutionary.
Imagine now if this technology links with ordinary and confusing brand like DASH ?
How many years will take to the marketing team to explain to the dumb people the meaning of this widely used "brand" ?
Take for example Bitcoin - it's neutral, unique and clear at the same time about its purpose.
There is no double meaning or something else which could confuse everyone who become interested..
When someone who isn't knowledgeable about cryptos type it on Google,he will see what it means..
What about DASH in this case ? Many businesses using DASH actually and the guy who typed the word on Google will see something that is widely used as brand for washing powders, sauces, boutiques, Hardware firms and so on .. What will think this guy ?
Why do you think it will explain the technology perfectly ? I didn't see many strong points here that explain why DASH ?
Darkcoin is unique brand and actually targeted nicely if we get involved mostly with individuals who values their financial privacy or the darkmarkets that seek for safe and reliable anon payment system for their ''businesses''..

I think it's better to not to rush with the branding change because the replacement of Darkcoin brand could be the worst decision ever made here if it did prematurely ..
If our goal is to compete directly with Bitcoin, we should consider the branding change very carefully and it should not be our weak spot.

So, then there is hundreds competitions in the world which include dick, like Formula One Grand Prix and so on...

Yeah but without the context even a french speaker in an english context could mistake it for being pronounces as Pricks. Everyone knows it's "Grand 'Pree'"

I agree with your point.

The technology behind the project is unique and revolutionary.
Imagine now if this technology links with ordinary and confusing brand like DASH ?
How many years will take to the marketing team to explain to the dumb people the meaning of this widely used "brand" ?
Take for example Bitcoin - it's neutral, unique and clear at the same time about its purpose.
There is no double meaning or something else which could confuse everyone who become interested..
When someone who isn't knowledgeable about cryptos type it on Google,he will see what it means..
What about DASH in this case ? Many businesses using DASH actually and the guy who typed the word on Google will see something that is widely used as brand for washing powders, sauces, boutiques, Hardware firms and so on .. What will think this guy ?
Why do you think it will explain the technology perfectly ? I didn't see many strong points here that explain why DASH ?
Darkcoin is unique brand and actually targeted nicely if we get involved mostly with individuals who values their financial privacy or the darkmarkets that seek for safe and reliable anon payment system for their ''businesses''..

I think it's better to not to rush with the branding change because the replacement of Darkcoin brand could be the worst decision ever made here if it did prematurely ..
If our goal is to compete directly with Bitcoin, we should consider the branding change very carefully and it should not be our weak spot.

This is a sane attitude, my mind is blown it seems you're a rare breed in this thread. We can't rush this and it has to be way better than "Ok".

Lol, no it doesn't. I'm on twitter too with a quality following. Tons of people were laughing at Dash, the name caused the market to drop for fucks sake (Vertoe said it's not her).

Probably had more to do with Vertoe dumping 50k in coins...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10718752#msg10718752
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10719260#msg10719260

If you recall, the trading was hovering around .0125ish before Vertoe decided to throw a hissy fit and make a big deal about wanting to sell darkcoin in volume, darkco.in domain, etc.

Probably had more to do with Vertoe dumping 50k in coins...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10718752#msg10718752
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10719260#msg10719260

If you recall, the trading was hovering around .0125ish before Vertoe decided to throw a hissy fit and make a big deal about wanting to sell darkcoin in volume, darkco.in domain, etc.

WTS and dumping aren't the same think. In the second post you quote she says that people will believe what they want but that doesn't mean she was the one to dump.

lol, you believe what you want then.

You have no more of a basis than me for saying that she did or did not dump them. It's all just conjecture. From what she says, she didn't dump them but is looking to sell them, that's the info I'm going on.

Instanon/InstAnon is growing on me...lol. I can see a logo with "Inst" light blue, "non" dark blue, and the shared "A" or "a" being half of each (reversing the colors or fluidly running them together). It's simple and says "fast and secure". Whatever you guys name it, that's what I'm calling it. :)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10717407#msg10717407

You think with all the bullshit and the childish closing of darkcoin pulls and saying darkcoin is dead that vertoe didn't dump. Solid.

A "+1" post ? GTFO of here - You have no proof and I have no proof, you're simply presuming that she did based on pretty much nothing. We both don't know and yet dumping and losing thousands of dollars or selling slowly and maximising your exit don't hold the same value in a normal persons mind and Vertoe isn't dumb.

A "+1" post ? GTFO of here - You have no proof and I have no proof, you're simply presuming that she did based on pretty much nothing. We both don't know and yet dumping and losing thousands of dollars or selling slowly and maximising your exit don't hold the same value in a normal persons mind and Vertoe isn't dumb.
lol, you can't read between the lines? You act like Vertoe never sold out before. He did prior to the fall to the lows around .0023-.003 before rebuying. It was brought up in chat iirc. There was no "losing thousands of dollars" here... it was all profit, even with the momentum downward.

A dev does not just start closing requests/pulls and making comments that their project ceases to exist and wanting to sell domains without selling coins. If it was a selling slowly strategy, there wouldn't have been any announcements. Be realistic here...

https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass/pull/37

But you go ahead and believe Vertoe still holds the coins. Go on, believe.

I don't give two shits one way or the other. I thank Vertoe for his contributions to the project and wish him the best with whatever he decides to do from here on out. I'm sure the project would always welcome him back if he decided to, but I doubt he will out of pride.

lol, you can't read between the lines? You act like Vertoe never sold out before. He did prior to fall to the lows around .0023-.003 before rebuying. It was brought up in chat iirc. There was no "losing thousands of dollars" here... it was all profit, even with the momentum downward.

A dev does not just start closing requests/pulls and making comments that their project ceases to exist and wanting to sell domains without selling coins. If it was a selling slowly, there wouldn't have been any announcements. Be realistic here...

https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass/pull/37

But you go ahead and believe Vertoe still holds the coins. Go on, believe.

Vertoe is a woman apparently and I don't give a shit about reading between the lines, you have no solid proof. Your opinion on the subject holds same value as me thinking she didn't do it.

Vertoe is a woman apparently and I don't give a shit about reading between the lines, you have no solid proof. Your opinion on the subject holds same value as me thinking she didn't do it.

"
Vertoe

Core Developer / Upstream and feature integration

Vertoe is an academic-grade software engineer who fell in love with C/C++. He works as a freelance programmer for a well known NGO in the area of net-activism and recently started backporting upstream features to enable a modern Darkcoin Core reference implementation."

Vertoe could very well come in here and prove me wrong but it's pretty obvious that he's out. This has already gone off topic so I'm done discussing it.

"
Vertoe

Core Developer / Upstream and feature integration

Vertoe is an academic-grade software engineer who fell in love with C/C++. He works as a freelance programmer for a well known NGO in the area of net-activism and recently started backporting upstream features to enable a modern Darkcoin Core reference implementation."

Vertoe could very well come in here and prove me wrong but it's pretty obvious that he's out. This has already gone off topic so I'm done discussing it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9819674#msg9819674

And subsequent posts.

And subsequent posts.

There's an interview with veroe in German here (not allowed to post a working link):

bavaria-for-ron-paul.blogspot.de/2015/02/into-dark-interview-mit-einem-darkcoin.html

he says:

Hi, Ich bin Vertoe, komme aus Berlin und bin zurzeit Entwickler für Darkcoin. Ich begleite die Darkcoin-Community seit Februar 2014. Davor habe ich mein Geld mit Litecoin-Mining und Protoshares-Bounties verdient, eine glorreiche Zeit. Aber erst mit Darkcoin habe ich ein Zuhause gefunden.

this translates to

Hi, I'm Vertoe, come from Berlin and am currently a developer for dark coin. I go with the dark coin community since February 2014. before that I've earned my money with Litecoin mining and Protoshares-bounties, a glorious time. But only with dark coin, I have found a home.

what gets lost in translation is that in German, all job titles and such automatically include the gender. "Entwickler" => male developer. "Entwicklerin" => female developer

There's an interview with veroe in German here (not allowed to post a working link):

bavaria-for-ron-paul.blogspot.de/2015/02/into-dark-interview-mit-einem-darkcoin.html

he says:

this translates to

what gets lost in translation is that in German, all job titles and such automatically include the gender. "Entwickler" => male developer. "Entwicklerin" => female developer

Didn't see that article when it came out! I grew up in Germany too, I have a lot of love for germans in general.

The name DASH has really grown on me since Evan announced the renaming/rebranding a few days ago. I think this is going to be a very positive move for Darkcoin and it’s going to help in becoming mainstream and taking the torch from Bitcoin in the future.

However in the meantime whilst we are waiting on whether or not the name DASH can be used I think we should come up with some viable alternatives. I’m sure this great community can work together and come up with something brilliant.

I’ve been brainstorming some ideas for names and I like the name ‘Core’ or CORE. I think InstantX could be used and I also think some of the other suggestions such as Pulse is a good suggestion, what do you think?

Back