• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

And the fish thinks the fish tank is their entire world. You have to be on the outside looking in to realise things are not the way they seem most of the time. Alternative names, let's find some because Dash can't be the end all solution. Pulse is already way better and the person who brought it up did that in a few seconds. Ripple is a common word but it conveys way more than Dash ever could. Put Dash aside for a few days and actually work on real alternatives, that's the vendetta I have against you.
OK, see that's constructive. Thank you for your change in tone. You need to realize that I am coming at this from outside the fishbowl, due to the multiple conversations I have on Twitter from people who are exactly that. The feedback on the DASH name is majority positive. I am all for seeking new names, however, I can with good conscience based on my interactions here and on Twitter, say that the name DASH does have majority support at this point.

OK, see that's constructive. Thank you for your change in tone. You need to realize that I am coming at this from outside the fishbowl, due to the multiple conversations I have on Twitter from people who are exactly that. The feedback on the DASH name is majority positive. I am all for seeking new names, however, I can with good conscience based on my interactions here and on Twitter, say that the name DASH does have majority support at this point.

Lol, no it doesn't. I'm on twitter too with a quality following. Tons of people were laughing at Dash, the name caused the market to drop for fucks sake (Vertoe said it's not her).

Lol, no it doesn't. I'm on twitter too with a quality following. Tons of people were laughing at Dash, the name caused the market to drop for fucks sake (Vertoe said it's not her).
I'm not questioning your experiences, I'm just telling you mine. And I'm not getting into a follower contest with you. I respect everything you do for Darkcoin on Twitter.

OK, see that's constructive. Thank you for your change in tone. You need to realize that I am coming at this from outside the fishbowl, due to the multiple conversations I have on Twitter from people who are exactly that. The feedback on the DASH name is majority positive. I am all for seeking new names, however, I can with good conscience based on my interactions here and on Twitter, that the name DASH does have majority support at this point.

Tao, no offense but have you tweeted about anything other then Dash? The response might be positive because currently that's the only option presented.

Tao, no offense but have you tweeted about anything other then Dash? The response might be positive because currently that's the only option presented.
My tweets all include the hashtags #Darkcoin and #DASH. People are aware it is not a done deal, I'm just talking about their reactions to that particular name. Thanks for asking.

Because we are here, and honest sir stickrell took the effort to compile some of our opinions,
would someone be kind enough to also offer us a graphical preview of how InstantX would stand next to Visa or Mastercard?
I think that should put things into perspective

Remember, kids have had their X and Y and space generations, but currency has been the same as a concept for centuries. Time for the X generation of money.

Maybe we need our own thread. It seems this idea is too quickly buried beneath the drama surrounding Dash and others bickering between each other.

Let me be productive then. You're a dweeb. And the only thing you have contributed to this discussion is repeating the same "Dash!

FallaciesPosterHigherRes.jpg

You may find this useful. Let's avoid ad hominem attacks.

Everybody should consider reading this table if they really want to have a productive discussion/argument. I know I like to be sarcastic and satirical at times, but when it comes down to it, I am on the side of what's best for the product we deliver.

1. There is compelling argument for changing the name - By re-branding the name we may open markets that are not perceived as illegal activities. Coincidentally, those actually using it for any illegal activities do indeed get obfuscated by the increased volume of transactions.
  2. Is DASH a weak name? What about a name makes a business successful? - Please do not make me reference all of the information that you can find on this very thread without even needing to touch Google, but there are many companies with weakly perceived names that are successful. A complex name is hard to remember. Simple has benefits. Hell Xerox is simple enough that it, like Google, are used as verbs for photocopying, and using an internet search engine, respectively. PayPal is quite popular despite it's shortcomings. Dash can become powerful as we make it or whatever name we choose. What we do know is bad PR, such as being perceived as only used for illegal activity is a bad for expanding into more numerous legal markets.
  3. Rebranding-- What affect will it have? DRK/DASH or whatever has always been used for any transaction, legal or illegal just as every currency has. If a Dollar could speak, it'd tell a story of so many uses you'd be mindblown, but that's only for legal tender... Oh no. It seems no currency is devoid of nefarious users, but we can distance ourselves from the perception of nefarious users to bring on more expansive economy.
  4. Nothing is certain, but continual change for the better is how businesses grow. Those that become complacent with the status quo tend to fail. In the cryptocurrency market where innovation happens everyday, we have nothing to gain by not continuing to mature with the markets. We must remain as competitive to old and new crypto alike.
Just my 2 -.. .- ... ....

My tweets all include the hashtags #Darkcoin and #DASH. People are aware it is not a done deal, I'm just talking about their reactions to that particular name. Thanks for asking.

Why not ask your followers if they have any ideas? Who knows, maybe you'll hit on something.

Why not ask your followers if they have any ideas? Who knows, maybe you'll hit on something.
While I respect your desire to find a new name, I must be equally true to my conviction that the name DASH is perfect for what we represent. If I start asking for alternatives on Twitter, I will be going against what I believe is best for Darkcoin, and confuse my followers who understand my position.
Tell you what, if the name DASH doesn't go through, this is the first thing I will do.

You may find this useful. Let's avoid ad hominem attacks.

Everybody should consider reading this table if they really want to have a productive discussion/argument. I know I like to be sarcastic and satirical at times, but when it comes down to it, I am on the side of what's best for the product we deliver.

1. There is compelling argument for changing the name - By re-branding the name we may open markets that are not perceived as illegal activities. Coincidentally, those actually using it for any illegal activities do indeed get obfuscated by the increased volume of transactions.
  2. Is DASH a weak name? What about a name makes a business successful? - Please do not make me reference all of the information that you can find on this very thread without even needing to touch Google, but there are many companies with weakly perceived names that are successful. A complex name is hard to remember. Simple has benefits. Hell Xerox is simple enough that it, like Google, are used as verbs for photocopying, and using an internet search engine, respectively. PayPal is quite popular despite it's shortcomings. Dash can become powerful as we make it or whatever name we choose. What we do know is bad PR, such as being perceived as only used for illegal activity is a bad for expanding into more numerous legal markets.
  3. Rebranding-- What affect will it have? DRK/DASH or whatever has always been used for any transaction, legal or illegal just as every currency has. If a Dollar could speak, it'd tell a story of so many uses you'd be mindblown, but that's only for legal tender... Oh no. It seems no currency is devoid of nefarious users, but we can distance ourselves from the perception of nefarious users to bring on more expansive economy.
  4. Nothing is certain, but continual change for the better is how businesses grow. Those that become complacent with the status quo tend to fail. In the cryptocurrency market where innovation happens everyday, we have nothing to gain by not continuing to mature with the markets. We must remain as competitive to old and new crypto alike.
Just my 2 -.. .- ... ....

The Ad hominem attack was not a "I don't like you so your argument is invalid" type of situation. People who work in marketing are in touch with what's cool and what isn't and what the general population perceives when they use a certain strategy. If I think someone is a dweeb that means the way they perceive social interactions is akward imo and I wouldn't ever ask them to create a brand or market a product for me. That's the extend of my argument on that one.

I just did and offered 10 DRK if their name ends up being chosen.

While I respect your desire to find a new name, I must be equally true to my conviction that the name DASH is perfect for what we represent. If I start asking for alternatives on Twitter, I will be going against what I believe is best for Darkcoin, and confuse my followers who understand my position.
Tell you what, if the name DASH doesn't go through, this is the first thing I will do.

That's a very "Fox News" attitude you have there. Gain followers, expose only your opinion to them while hiding alternatives to push them in a certain direction.

That's a very "Fox News" attitude you have there. Gain followers, expose only your opinion to them while hiding alternatives to push them in a certain direction.
If that was the case, you would be right. People are not mindless automatons, they have opinions. I engage in conversation, I never say that my opinion is the best, I simply ask what do they think. And in these discussions, people are telling me by about 70/30 that they like the name. And this comes from VCs, crypto and non-crypto types, old, young, everyone who wants to discuss it. Like I said before, I can in good conscience say that this name has majority support, not just because I said so.

Guys I have to go now, nice having this conversation with you. I'll leave this debate to the next shift, this could turn out to be an epic thread!

Onwards and upwards,

Tao

Back