• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

Who are you and why did you pm me to ask how many drk i have? Please stop doing this or you will be banned.

I'm sure you're fun at parties.

I was merely going to suggest that if you have a vested interest in DRK that you keep your negative nancy mouth shut in an important rebranding thread.

Meanwhile I'm providing worthwhile discussion... go ahead and ban the hand that feeds you

I am popping one of these now
(time to come down)

If anybody wants one too
please PM me , i have a whole bag
Xi1aGFz.jpg
With all due respect to you, tungfa, and to oblox, who suggested the name dash.. every time i see dash i think of this, to get the bad taste out of my mouth:

upload_2015-3-12_1-45-41.png

I was merely going to suggest that if you have a vested interest in DRK that you keep your negative nancy mouth shut in an important rebranding thread.

Meanwhile I'm providing worthwhile discussion... go ahead and ban the hand that feeds you

yo yo
relax ok !
you seem to be brand new in here so show some respect
as you do not know who is what !!!
(might have to take another pill)

i am not suggestion anything here !
(except pills)

when do you feed me? keep your hands to yourself or your ass will be banned.

sure moli
i was as pissed as the next 1,5 days ago !
had my call with evan
understand the problems involved
forgivness and should claps all around
and back to work

we are working on new and better communications with the team
and that includes community, team, dev team + all angles and sub teams
(whow, that sounds cool)

nothing is under the carpet !
we are trying to fix it, but we have tio do that internally first, before we can go out into the open
start in the small group and go to the big one after
(the other way around does not work)
clean your house 1st
and we are on it !

You trust us or what >
I completely agree this is underway. I personally trust the team and how they are handling this. I just felt that the misconceptions needed to be aired out in public because I have personally interested with multiple people who still feel like Evan and others on the core team (foundation board) had something to do with his departure. It seems to have been answered before to an extent and I am comfortable with that answer and how things went down. I have talked to multiple long time community members and they are avoiding the forum because of responses like the one you have given which is basically "nothing is wrong. Things will be fixed. Vertoe leaving I'd no big deal".

I blew out my back this morning, so I'm behind (feeling lots better now) Anyway, Minotaur has made such eloquent arguments today as to why this needs to happen, I just want to say, it's like he took the thoughts out of my brain :) Thanks Minotaur.

I just want to say one more thing, more as a double down point. From the VERY beginning of the creation of Darkcoin, Evan said it wasn't meant for the dark markets and that was not his intention. He had to start saying that pretty much ever since changing the name from Xcoin, to Darkcoin and the name Darkcoin has haunted the project ever since. The name has indeed cubbyholed Darkcoin into a perceived niche market. But Evan created Darkcoin to fix problems with Bitcoin that he didn't see ever getting fixed. Imagine how he feels seeing his project that is 1. limited to dark markets and 2. in a direction he never intended.

Even so Evan has committed 2 years to this project, and I suspect he'll continue on for the 2 years in some capacity if he had to fulfill his obligations, I doubt he'd put his heart and soul into it if he felt the project couldn't and wouldn't ever see the light of day for the public he intended to help. He had an important vision. Create a currency that is fully fungible, like cash, so that all coins are created and stay equal. You can already see how Bitcoin is not being accepted at Coinbase because they can tell it comes from gambling sites. This is unacceptable. This in itself ruins Bitcoin. If cryptocurrency is ever to survive, it must be fungible. Now with instantX, we can have a cryptcurrency that bypasses all the banking industry completely. You can buy your gasoline! Your fast food! Your groceries! saving merchants at least 3% on all sales. Talk about knocking the banks out of business! It can be the ultimate equalizer.

But not with the name Darkcoin.

So why should Evan continue with all his efforts if there is no chance of the project going mainstream? I suggest we'll have Evan many years into the future as long as the project is relevant. We'll lose him if it isn't and sooner than his presence will suggest.

I completely agree this is underway. I personally trust the team and how they are handling this. I just felt that the misconceptions needed to be aired out in public because I have personally interested with multiple people who still feel like Evan and others on the core team (foundation board) had something to do with his departure. It seems to have been answered before to an extent and I am comfortable with that answer and how things went down. I have talked to multiple long time community members and they are avoiding the forum because of responses like the one you have given which is basically "nothing is wrong. Things will be fixed. Vertoe leaving I'd no big deal".

there is NOTHING else to it !

i avoided coming on here too
as suddenly it is
Ohhhh the Dev Team is there, go get em tiger !
i do not care !
I see myself as a community member like everybody else here (and so does the whole team)
is anybody getting paid ?
vacations?
new computers ?
or cell phones ?

No
so everybody chill
it is all good
no harm done !

yes vertoe
i know
but that has nothing to do with me, or you
so the parties involved in this
are on it, that is all i can say !

(+ i have more pills in the goody bag, they are going fast now)

I blew out my back this morning, so I'm behind (feeling lots better now) Anyway, Minotaur has made such eloquent arguments today as to why this needs to happen, I just want to say, it's like he took the thoughts out of my brain :) Thanks Minotaur.

I just want to say one more thing, more as a double down point. From the VERY beginning of the creation of Darkcoin, Evan said it wasn't meant for the dark markets and that was not his intention. He had to start saying that pretty much ever since changing the name from Xcoin, to Darkcoin and the name Darkcoin has haunted the project ever since. The name has indeed cubbyholed Darkcoin into a perceived niche market. But Evan created Darkcoin to fix problems with Bitcoin that he didn't see ever getting fixed. Imagine how he feels seeing his project that is 1. limited to dark markets and 2. in a direction he never intended.

Even so Evan has committed 2 years to this project, and I suspect he'll continue on for the 2 years in some capacity if he had to fulfill his obligations, I doubt he'd put his heart and soul into it if he felt the project couldn't and wouldn't ever see the light of day for the public he intended to help. He had an important vision. Create a currency that is fully fungible, like cash, so that all coins are created and stay equal. You can already see how Bitcoin is not being accepted at Coinbase because they can tell it comes from gambling sites. This is unacceptable. This in itself ruins Bitcoin. If cryptocurrency is ever to survive, it must be fungible. Now with instantX, we can have a cryptcurrency that bypasses all the banking industry completely. You can buy your gasoline! Your fast food! Your groceries! saving merchants at least 3% on all sales. Talk about knocking the banks out of business! It can be the ultimate equalizer.

But not with the name Darkcoin.

So why should Evan continue with all his efforts if there is no chance of the project going mainstream? I suggest we'll have Evan many years into the future as long as the project is relevant. We'll lose him if it isn't and sooner than his presence will suggest.

Excellent points! As much as people like to ignore it out of comfort, relavancy is needed to survive as a cryptocoin.

Here are some news from today
just to loosen this up a bit !

"The Bitcoin community needs to keep an eye on the rearview mirror because while everyone is bickering over what Bitcoin should be, the Darkcoin team is actually innovating and stability along with confidence in their Blockchain is slowly growing."

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/11364...inal-cointelegraph-says-good-bye-to-tone-vays

I am off, i have some 'DRK work' to do
(i still have pills :wink:)

Here are some news from today
just to loosen this up a bit !

"The Bitcoin community needs to keep an eye on the rearview mirror because while everyone is bickering over what Bitcoin should be, the Darkcoin team is actually innovating and stability along with confidence in their Blockchain is slowly growing."

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/11364...inal-cointelegraph-says-good-bye-to-tone-vays

I am off, i have some 'DRK work' to do
(i still have pills :wink:)
I don't like to be arrogant and I wish Evan and everybody stop saying you want to challenge bitcoin, this is a mistake by making enemies when your coi/project isn't finished. So please just stop being arrogant if you want to succeed.

there is NOTHING else to it !

i avoided coming on here too
as suddenly it is
Ohhhh the Dev Team is there, go get em tiger !
i do not care !
I see myself as a community member like everybody else here (and so does the whole team)
is anybody getting paid ?
vacations?
new computers ?
or cell phones ?

No
so everybody chill
it is all good
no harm done !

yes vertoe
i know
but that has nothing to do with me, or you
so the parties involved in this
are on it, that is all i can say !

(+ i have more pills in the goody bag, they are going fast now)
Good points. In the end, only the involved parties should be handling this and vertoe hasn't come back in defense of why he left or his specific complaints publicly so speculation isn't going to help anyone. Thanks for the perspective tungfa

I don't like to be arrogant and I wish Evan and everybody stop saying you want to challenge bitcoin, this is a mistake by making enemies when your coi/project isn't finished. So please just stop being arrogant if you want to succeed.

Hold on let me call Tone:

Tone: hello
tungfa: hey tone, great story but the community does not agree with your opinion
Tone: you know what , i am the writer and i can write whatever i want
Tungfa: did you do an interview with anybody
Tone: no , why would i , i know the tech as i am a DRK holder and big fan myself
Tungfa: Tx tone, you are the man
Tone: no problem, please say hey to the community, they rock !

ok,
moli i think you overheard the conversation !
(you want a pill too, i handed out 5-6 by now)

Edit: Tone is a independent writer at CT, he is a big fan, bag holder, part of 2 chat groups i am in and a friend by now
his personal opinions in this story are his personal opinions, thats what writers do !
we like it or not !
normally people are happy for PR, but i guess you really can not please everybody these days !
Bummer
(more pills for me)

Excellent points! As much as people like to ignore it out of comfort, relavancy is needed to survive as a cryptocoin.
Yah, it's ok if your intentions were to provide for a niche market. But I know Evan never wanted to provide, especially for that niche market. Though like cash, he can't control where his coin is used, but he wanted to create something for the world. Sure it's a grand plan, maybe it will be impossible, but take the possibility out just because of the name is .... well it's stupid.

Whatever name, as long as it's bland and uncontroversial, it'll be better than Darkcoin. I also was, not long ago, a "don't change the name" advocate. But over this past year, it just kept being a problem. People wouldn't see the name in the way we wanted it seen. Heck, some of us wanted to see it in a "dark" light. It just won't stop dragging down the project (from the perspective of Evan, who is still the ultimate inspiration and creator of all new ideas to this project.)

Though he wants to have a great team, and we have a great team, he still ultimately has been the ideas man. The person that is creating new technology. I dearly hope some of the developers will grow into being just as creative and adding ideas to the project, but so far Evan is still leading the way by far. Not to say that what all the other developers are doing isn't essential and super important, it is! But it's more supportive, and finishing off needed stuff for usability, etc... Evan couldn't possibly continue at the pace he's going without them. They're more than incredibly important to the project, but without Evan, and nobody to fill his shoes, the project would grind to a halt.

And as many of us realize, this infrastructure Evan started has so much potential for so many things, we've only scratched the surface! We don't want the project to grind to a halt, we want it to continue to grow. If someone took over, that'd be great, but how many coins were created this past year, and how many have actually paid off? Evan is easily 1:1000 if not much rarer. So yes, we have to go with his vision unless we can convince him of another. Right now, I agree with his.

That was an outside article. We can't keep other people in the media from coming up with their own conclusions. I happen to agree with the conclusion.... but I didn't write it :)

Say Tungfa, will that pill interfere with muscle relaxers (or perhaps they'll enhance 'em?) Yah, send me a few please :p

Please try to find a unique name for a unique Darkcoin if you change the name.

Don't worry about play on words or other nonsense that successful entities don't worry about... play on words don't create or hold value.

Especially if you can't put a moat around it.
Exactly, I'm all for name change but its madness to choose a name thats so open legal attacks, everything else has been unique for Darkcoin and now we want to copy someone else's name and get lawyers involved.
Come on, it can't be that hard to choose a name that is not owned by a Rothschild, this looks like a horrible can of worms.

It seems to me we're all getting flamed up for nothing.
Without at least 3 serious name proposals and a poll for everyone to vote on, this thread or anyother like it is totally redundant.
No one will even mind what's going on in here for a final decision.

I would love a true democratic process, but that means having where to choose from and making the vote public. They can even have a separate vote for the masternode holder, and ignore the public one completely, but at least there was a vote, and not just useless chatter.

And if the majority indeed votes for DASH, I will have myself a species-change operation. I think a dolphin will do...

Back