• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding and Scalability

Why not just call it "instantX"

I mean the brand should represent the main feature or the principal or just be catchy so...

Main feature is Darksend bro. I think InstantX is not completely done. We can't spend our cash instantly after receiving it thus not finished in my opinion.

Calling a currency "InstantX" is almost as bad as calling it "Dash".

Just call it mula. AUSD (Anonymous-Dollar) maybe.

lol. Evan with his mainstream deal. Won't happen. Gonna go illegal faster than mainstream. Just keep the Darkcoin name, make it the best crime tool so we all profit our brains out. Isn't that what u want? Profit?

Dash sounds.. no comment. Darkcoin is good. Darkcoin represents the idea, the future and everything about Darkcoin. Stop dreaming about mainstream adoption and keep up the good work.

Ya better start removing any kind of Tor support and Transaction anonymity if you ever want to go mainstream with your creation.

I wonder what will happen next..

It doesn't necessarily need to be removed but it can be used where they are mandatory ( many places use tor and anonymity and as i said its mandatory ) the coin can be divided to support public and security sector

Main feature is Darksend bro. I think InstantX is not completely done. We can't spend our cash instantly after receiving it thus not finished in my opinion.

Calling a currency "InstantX" is almost as bad as calling it "Dash".

Just call it mula. AUSD (Anonymous-Dollar) maybe.

True, even if we do keep the name...its good that Devs are looking at marketing and branding more seriously. Take dogecoin, shitheap of a cryptocurrency but it has held up because of the marketing team they have. We have all the features and wicked talented/super active Devs but our marketing is weak.

Ok just guessing how the scalability will work, I am assuming there is a second temporary blockchain used by the masternodes which gets written into the main block chain after some extended period of time. The temporary blockchain is then discarded, adding further privacy, and reducing the overall number of transactions that need to be stored.

Would be fun to play with these ideas. Pruning definitely adds to anonymity long term (although the blockchain could be archived by anyone who wanted to.)

With two blockchains, pruning could be fun. One blockchain could manage the pruning of the other, the reset points, and log the UTXO set various intervals.
Fun stuff to imagine :)

so why are you tweeting it
if you are not even sure if Dash has been agreed on or not !

can you read the posts earlier and start organizing the 1 account you are supposed to run !

it is still up
The post says Darkcoin is "investigating" the name DASH. This is true, and we are discussing it on an open forum, we don't need to hide anything. This discussion is happening. The name DASH may or may not be happening. Read Evan's post, he said he was "investigating" the name DASH, and that's exactly what I put on the Twitter. It's an official announcement, and it belongs there, no matter how uncomfortable it makes half of us feel.

Anyway, we need to finish this either way. Name change or no name change so the disillusioned people can leave, and we can get on with business. I hope this happens sooner than later.

lol. Evan with his mainstream deal. Won't happen. Gonna go illegal faster than mainstream. Just keep the Darkcoin name, make it the best crime tool so we all profit our brains out. Isn't that what u want? Profit?

Actually, I'm in my change of life, and I look back at the years and think "is there nothing that the people can do to stop the power brokers from creating wars and conflict?" And I think, "how can we, the people, take control back?" And I see Darkcoin as a BIG part of the answer. Cash exists because it has to. There has to be a way for people to spend money in an anonymous way. But the #1 way it's used is via the government itself. They constantly need to pay off whatever schemes they've hatched, and they use cash. Because the Government can't have their schemes exposed with something traceable. But they have it easy because they make the cash, or more precisely, they are in cahoots with the bankers, who made the federal reserve, and they make the cash for the government. In the end, the government's powers comes from their cash, and they get the most of the stuff because they're insider traders, and are at the top of the pyramid. How are we going to cut the government back down so that it exists for the people by the people again? (if ever it was) Darkcoin (or whatever name it will go by in the future).

THAT is why I'm here. For my grandchildren, so they might have a chance at a better world. And yes, this is the one and only thing I've ever encountered that made me feel like we have a chance to actually change the world.

Actually, I'm in my change of life, and I look back at the years and think "is there nothing that the people can do to stop the power brokers from creating wars and conflict?" And I think, "how can we, the people, take control back?" And I see Darkcoin as a BIG part of the answer. Cash exists because it has to. There has to be a way for people to spend money in an anonymous way. The #1 way it's used is via the government itself. They constantly need to off whatever schemes they've hatched, and they use cash. Because the Government can't have their schemes exposed with something traceable. But they have it easy because they make the cash, or more precisely, they are in cahoots with the bankers, who made the federal reserve, and they make the cash for the government. In the end, the government's powers comes from their cash, and they get the most of the stuff because they're insider traders, and are at the top of the pyramid. How are we going to cut the government back down so that it exists for the people by the people again? (if ever it was) Darkcoin (or whatever name it will go by in the future).

THAT is why I'm here. For my grandchildren, so they might have a chance at a better world. And yes, this is the one and only thing I've ever encountered that made me feel like we have a chance to actually change the world.
Well said.

The post says Darkcoin is "investigating" the name DASH. This is true, and we are discussing it on an open forum, we don't need to hide anything. This discussion is happening. The name DASH may or may not be happening. Read Evan's post, he said he was "investigating" the name DASH, and that's exactly what I put on the Twitter. It's an official announcement, and it belongs there, no matter how uncomfortable it makes half of us feel.

Anyway, we need to finish this either way. Name change or no name change so the disillusioned people can leave, and we can get on with business. I hope this happens sooner than later.

you just do NOT get do you !?

I am done explaining it , as you never listen anyway

Actually, I'm in my change of life, and I look back at the years and think "is there nothing that the people can do to stop the power brokers from creating wars and conflict?" And I think, "how can we, the people, take control back?" And I see Darkcoin as a BIG part of the answer. Cash exists because it has to. There has to be a way for people to spend money in an anonymous way. But the #1 way it's used is via the government itself. They constantly need to pay off whatever schemes they've hatched, and they use cash. Because the Government can't have their schemes exposed with something traceable. But they have it easy because they make the cash, or more precisely, they are in cahoots with the bankers, who made the federal reserve, and they make the cash for the government. In the end, the government's powers comes from their cash, and they get the most of the stuff because they're insider traders, and are at the top of the pyramid. How are we going to cut the government back down so that it exists for the people by the people again? (if ever it was) Darkcoin (or whatever name it will go by in the future).

Darkcoin is not playing the role you mentioned. Bitcoin is. Darkcoin plays the role of Bitcoin's nasty dark brother.

I agree, Darkcoin needs a new name. The "*coin" just screams "shit-coin".

I disagree. Bitcoin can never fill the roll I outlined, ever. The government can control Bitcoin because it's an open checking account for every person in the world. This makes it easy for the government/s to remain in control. Darkcoin takes all control away. What they can't see and pin on you, they can't take away. They must ask for it.... or better still, they must propose a good reason for you, as a citizen, to give them money. If you don't agree or find value in what they propose, you don't give.

Maybe we can use the Milton Friedman term Ecash...

In his memory...it immediately gives Darkcoin financial legitimacy if we can invoke Milton Friedman as a selling point, then: Bitcoin isnt Ecash and neither are all the others.

WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS DEVELOP IS A NICHE, immediately if we go this way we have a niche, backed by a celebrity, who happens to be one of the world leading financial experts, advocate of freedom. perfect for... a financial product and a reference we can keep forever. The perfect image to create a moat around.The worlds first Ecash, named Ecash, in the niche of Ecash....

Here it is handed to us on a golden platter and we are not using it? This is Miltons gift to Darkcoin, his legitimizing it for the greater good of society.

This is awesome, it's what I was trying to say! I am just really bad at expressing myself

The notion is true that DarkCoin has become worlds more than it's name covered at the time... Most people think they already know what DRK is from a year ago. A new name to get attention to the fact that it's nothing at all what it used to be is a good idea.

Dash sucks tho. It makes sense. But that's all it does... Oh, no, it sucks, too... It does two things.

I'd love to offer a better idea, but I don't have one. Dash sucks. Don't do it. I know it isn't constructive... But good Lord do not go that direction...

It's just too bland. Tofu makes sense, too... I'm not eating it.

OMG, I've almost pee'd my pants, that was so funny!!!

DASH is horrible. Do we even want to be associated with old school "cash" anyways? I thought the whole point of crypto was to get away from banking and cash??
maybe we should change it back to Xcoin? DASH is not a good name. Maybe just digital-cash then and forget the work DASH completely! Keep the ticker DRK but call it Digital cash.

What do you all think? Don't change Darkcoin, just rebrand it in an acronym It stays Darkcoin, but mostly becomes known like so:

Darkcoin InstantX and darkSend Coin = DISC

This way we can keep our logos

Back