• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launching September 22nd

RC5 has a basic version of enforcement built into it that when activated will guarantee masternode payments are present in a block. So far, testing has proven the code is working and we're in the process of working out some of the final issues with it. The code is very simple and when activated the network will simply reject blocks from pools that have not updated.
He said when its activated, after the spork. Didn't say when.

Hence why I asked. Pools need some advanced warning.

I cannot remember where I read it but I did see Evan write somewhere on this forum that he was going to give pools a window to update before turning on enforcement. I think/hope it will be a short window though.

Just to add....38% of masternode payments are not being paid at this time. It is only just financially viable to host a masternode on EC2 at the moment depending on your luck.

There are some real bad actors mining at the moment.

Normally when an RC is released, Evan would post a new update version for wallets. My guessing is when RC5 is released this Monday, we'll see the announcement with updates and instructions for users what to do. At what time on Monday is anybody's guess. Maybe 10AM EST and 7AM Evan's time when he wakes up (like the last time)? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally when an RC is released, Evan would post a new update version for wallets. My guessing is when RC5 is released this Monday, we'll see the announcement with updates and instructions for users what to do. At what time on Monday is anybody's guess. Maybe 10AM EST and 7AM Evan's time when he wakes up (like the last time)? :smile:
I hope so.
And I believe there will be no more bad actors anymore...
Do we have to update rc3 wallets to RC4 at least? Wallet.dat I mean.

I hope so.
And I believe there will be no more bad actors anymore...
Do we have to update rc3 wallets to RC4 at least? Wallet.dat I mean.
I'm not sure what you mean about "no more bad actors anymore..." ?
We have to wait for his announcement on Monday, probably will be posted on both DCT and BCT, and the update for wallets will be on darkcoin.io also. By then we'll know what has to be updated.

Evan just had another update only for Testnet yesterday: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc5-testing.2245/page-46#post-21395
He said "Everything should still work (Nothing structural was changed), but it would be great it we could anonymize some funds to double check before going live on Monday".

So it would be great if testers join in and do more testing before Monday. The more we test the less problems we'll see with DRK on Mainnet. :smile:

PS. Could you ask testers on BCT to come back. Thanks. :smile:

Hahaaa
easy there .... easyyyyyy ..... hold your horses ..... shhhh brauner, ganz ruhig ....>>

it is 5:50 pm here, i am pumped up all day and now i have to wait another 4 hours .... >>

Probably in the morning of Arisona :)
Depends if Evan`s ring will work on time or not :D

Back