• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launching September 22nd

Screen caps of anything thats new.
Do we get a new button? start-up grahpic? "enforcement active" line somewhere? I thought we might have the wallet upgrade with Rc5 too.
If all the new features happen without any visable change in the wallet then forget it i guess...
I think DRKLord is the dev that was working on wallet GUIs, but it seems he's been sick and Evan said he hasn't heard from him. So I guess that part is being postponed. However, we've got a brand new, fantastic "Start, Stop" button for the wallets!!! lol.. (Actually, I do like it.) We've also got a "Completion" bar to show progress of the Darksend anonymization. If you want to know more, join us on Testnet, download the latest wallet version, get some tDRK from the faucet and see for yourself what your wallet looks like right now.

Here's the thread for RC5 testing: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc5-testing.2245/

Darkcoin test faucet: https://drkipn.com/test/faucet/

I think DRKLord is the dev that was working on wallet GUIs, but it seems he's been sick and Evan said he hasn't heard from him. So I guess that part is being postponed. However, we've got a brand new, fantastic "Start, Stop" button for the wallets!!! lol.. (Actually, I do like it.) We've also got a "Completion" bar to show progress of the Darksend anonymization. If you want to know more, join us on Testnet, download the latest wallet version, get some tDRK from the faucet and see for yourself what your wallet looks like right now.

Here's the thread for RC5 testing: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc5-testing.2245/

Darkcoin test faucet: https://drkipn.com/test/faucet/

Thank you Moli, would you mind pressing the "print screen" button for me and posting here, probly faster than me going through all the steps you listed since ive never used testnet and you probably have it open and running right now.

Please what?
Are you telling me electrum dark and the new wallet will be released on the 22nd with Rc5??

No these wallets are not ready yet !!
And i wish they were !
Than you could post a picture of them !

Thank you Moli, would you mind pressing the "print screen" button for me and posting here, probly faster than me going through all the steps you listed since ive never used testnet and you probably have it open and running right now.
Here's my windows wallet which is showing 300 tdrk are going through the process of being anonymized for 8 rounds:

upload_2014-9-17_10-53-46.png

Edit: You probably see that the Progress bar isn't working properly yet. It's been a topic on Testnet thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we pre-release some screen caps? people love those!

Here is a few more from a test wallet running on Ubuntu 12.04 which is doing 15,000 tDRK for 8 rounds. Probably going to butcher posting these but I think full size is the best way to view them.

Shot of the wallet main screen.
darkcoin-wallet-rc5-ubuntu14.04-1.png

Shot of the send page when you have activated the advanced options for coin control. Second shot is what you get when you click the inputs button.
darkcoin-wallet-rc5-ubuntu14.04-2.png

View of how the fees look.
darkcoin-wallet-rc5-ubuntu14.04-3.png

List mode in Coin Control. Gives a different break down of how the coins have been split up and how many darksend rounds they have gone through.
darkcoin-wallet-rc5-ubuntu14.04-4.png

darkcoin-wallet-rc5-ubuntu14.04-5.png

darkcoin-wallet-rc5-ubuntu14.04-6.png

Happy Sporking...

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens to Masternodes which are not updated, do they still get payments?

I (and probably others as well) won't be able to update to RC5 next week, and I don't want to switch my Masternodes off...
I think enforcement will be 1-2 weeks or so later to give everyone time to update. As its a spork not sure if this will affect masternode payments.

Developers please don't rush. Make RC5 a bugless, usable release for the main-net so the movement from BTC to DRK can finally happen.

Darkcoin transactions always were a lot faster than Bitcoin transactions. BTC transfers usually take me about 2 hours but Darkcoin a couple minutes. Instant transactions, wow, I am so excited!

Sweet! Great job, dev team & testers.. you guys rock!
'
One question: For those of us who unfortunately have other jobs during the day, what time will you be releasing RC5 on Monday?

What happens to Masternodes which are not updated, do they still get payments?

I (and probably others as well) won't be able to update to RC5 next week, and I don't want to switch my Masternodes off...

Yes also along the same lines if a new masternode is turned up today using the 13.12 release will there be another update that will be out for Monday to update with?

I would guess that RC5 will need a MN update, as the voting system is changing, plus whatever other reasons.

Just shut down 4 of my Amazon MNs as the bandwidth charges were rising fast, (I had 6, costing over $90/month total) - found another provider that'll give me 4 CPU's/4GB RAM/100GB SSD/unlimited bandwidth and 4 IPs for £21/month, going to try setting up a multiuser multimasternode (MUMMN!) - should be much cheaper to run. The last UK provider I tried though was horribly 'unlucky' for no reason I could determine, I'll see how this one does.

Can we get a confirmation as to when enforcement will be turned on? Right at release -- or some time later after people "have had time to update"?

Back