• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I have a cronjob running with a python script to backup my wallets to multiple locations.

....just to have a broken wallet copy at multiple locations.

( I guess you do some versioning, I just wanted to mention this for the starters ...)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I have a cronjob running with a python script to backup my wallets to multiple locations.

Could you show me how to do this? What about USB sticks? I think we still have to do manually with USB sticks, right? Thanks.

....just to have a broken wallet copy at multiple locations.

( I guess you do some versioning, I just wanted to mention this for the starters ...)
Not totally, I just copy them in their current state, so I have versioned copies based on date since I backup regularly. This is also on a machine with darksend disabled so there are not too many keys used.

Could you show me how to do this? What about USB sticks? I think we still have to do manually with USB sticks, right? Thanks.
I don't do it currently with USBs. I just have 4 harddrives of similar usage (about 5000 hours PowerOnTime) which is very normal for server class hard drives.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they are also encrypted and then sent to my web-based servers around the world.

Hi, I can't confirm, my wallet was never encrypted (my disk is, though)
OK, did you originally create the wallet.dat with a version before RC4 (e.g. 0.9.11.6 / 0.10.11.6)? It turns out the different keypool sizes are causing the high cpu load.

Please try the following workaround: backup your wallet.dat (as always), let 0.10.12.31 create a new wallet.dat and transfer the coins from the old wallet to this new one. This should resolve your CPU load issues.

No, 0.x.11.x is RC3 and kicked off by protocoll version.
Everyone should use 0.9.12.26+
Ah, missed that one - of course. Old wallet will continue to work, but will find lesser block sources until none is left.

Every time i see a new message at "Official Announcements" thread, I jump off my chair thinking it is a new update from Evan :D Maybe we should move the technical discussion and questions to "RC4 issues, bugs & features requests" section? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back