• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Questions from Community Members to DASH Core Team Members

Well that escalated quickly lol

It would probably behoove everyone to limit this thread to questions and answers instead of direct criticism. We don't want to defeat the purpose of having an organized thread to get answers from core team members.

IX Wallet that works
obviously this totally depends on your phone and version
Please, lets tell the customer that it's their fault for not having the same phone as the guy that made it...

And the skin, oh dear Lord... Go back to the old look. Not only is it hideous, it's not longer information dense, and the formatting overlaps.

When I write machine code, I avoid interpreter-specific shortcuts. The code I write will work on any CnC mill going back to when GCode was invented. Stick with the common denominator.

Anyways, I defer to @TroyDASH - lets get back to questions that will not be answered usefully.

Wait, TigoCTM has a phone number? It isn't listed on their webpage, or any address, or contact info, even the domain is hidden. Only way to contact them is via a contact form on their webpage.
Even the ASIC miner companies that were actually scamming people posted a phone, address, and email for you to place orders.
I was referring to Lamassu. They have no idea what DASH is.

This DASH software is to be an optional add-on now, according to the words of the very people who are making it, supposedly, which is not what the MNOs were lead to believe. But that's not the bad part... It's an option that nobody knows about, and worse than not being advertised, Lamassu denies it if you do somehow know enough to ask... Oh, and even if it did work, all it does is discourage retail use, generate another layer of red tape, and people don't deal with that for free, so another layer of fees and middlemen... Oh, and it won't use IX/IS, so the only incentive to use it is being left out...

I'll stick with Visa, thanks... If I know I'm going to get screwed no matter what, I may as well pick the pretty one.

I gave up and got a Shift card. It beats the road to nowhere that isn't even being built...

Last edited:
Please, lets tell the customer that it's their fault for not having the same phone as the guy that made it...

And the skin, oh dear Lord... Go back to the old look. Not only is it hideous, it's not longer information dense, and the formatting overlaps.

When I write machine code, I avoid interpreter-specific shortcuts. The code I write will work on any CnC mill going back to when GCode was invented. Stick with the common denominator.

Anyways, I defer to @TroyDASH - lets get back to questions that will not be answered usefully.

well apps work on some systems and not on all - sure the dream is to have it working on all but ... that seems harder than said
(Version d-y but not a+ b as too old)

if u are so good in writing code why don't you make a mobile app ?
hash is working on it forever for free so ..... - if u have the answer - what is the problem then ?

Edit:
or suggest your tips to hash so he 'knows' what to do

if u are so good in writing code why don't you make a mobile app ?
hash is working on it forever for free so ..... - if u have the answer - what is the problem then ?
Again, you conflate... But I'll just let it go since the thread is already derailed enough.

Hell, why not sooner? Oh, 24 blocks in 12.1. Isn't that basically the same thing? Once it's in a block, why do we need the TX lock anymore? The whole point is to secure it in the memory pool UNTIL it is flushed to carved-in-stone storage. No need for it after that.
That depends on how you define what txlock is. If you define it as "highly irreversible tx" - yes, you need to keep tx lock even after tx was included in block because chain can be reorged. Forks of 1-2 blocks are quite common, forks of 24+ blocks are reeeally rare. If you however define it as "will be included in next block for sure, no other guarantees" - you can flush it right after the next block.

As usual, OP has a great idea for a thread and can't develop it because of arguments and bickering. I swear this place makes BCT look good...

Sure. The top of the chain can wag a bit. I was mostly referencing 60min vs 24blocks. Basically the same thing...

Looks like MNs are gonna need more RAM...

"Highly irreversible" beats the hell out of reversible-by-design-with-no-alternative-so-pretend-its-a-feature.

6x TXes ~= 1K
6000x TXes ~= 1M

2M blocks, means pool can flush 12K TXes per 2.5min.

Even with the ability to lock restrained only by propagation, flushing to ledger is still nowhere close to that... The buffer can fill several orders of magnitude faster than it can flush. That's a lot of potential overflow. Add in DS/PS, multi session...

This DashDrive thing is one extremely serious undertaking. But the "million tx per min/sec" would have to be burst, not sustained. Not even close. 288kTX/hr write speed. If 1M TX did occur in 1 second, it would take almost 4 hours to write it, presuming no other TXes came in during that time... So, roughly 75% would be lost, even with IX/IS.

Is this a real problem? It seems highly unlikely that 1M TXes could be initiated in the same second. Until you consider mixing...

yes it is
but
as with everything , we have to do this step by step !
any development and integration starts with Dash 'normal' (double check) and second step is IX and third step is DS ..... same with Mobile Wallets and all others !
(i do not know the details of that ATM deal - just saying things need time and no need to jump from 0 to 200 - as we are still working/waiting for the ATM's to be out and live)

An ATM without Instantx is useless. Digital Cash? Like "instant"? My god, how hard is this to understand?

Back to questions: "Why should an ATM customer wait for anything when Instantx can make transactions like, you know, kinda INSTANT.

Answer: there is no reason for ATM customer to wait, therefore IS is already in implementation (as mentioned before).

Original proposal (unfortunately) did not specify the software in all details (so (probably) the version without IS implemented first). Nevertheless, it is a maintenance contract and we can request new features as a part of continuous improvement process.

Last edited:
3B) How much of the 2,024 DASH we paid out for the website proposal is remaining? Is it denominated in DASH or fiat?
The partial answer @babygiraffe provided is not accurate (this started before he took over this kind of stuff), there are no funds left.

The proposal was paid out to @Minotaur. He and a few more worked with a design company. They planned to spend all funds quickly because it was gonna be a fast project, so he converted to fiat because that is what they were accepting. At that time Dash was around 2 and something USD. When they started working it became clear that the amount of work was bigger than expected and the funds were not enough to have the company develop everything, so they were asked to stop when around half the funds were unspent (2500 USD).

After that, some of us got more involved with the project. Once we all kinda agreed on what we wanted, @AndyDark and @TheDashGuy started to code. TDG later on said he preferred to focus on other projects. Some Evo resources were put to the task of finishing the site because Andy thought that a good basement was needed for the time Evo was available. We also hired a design agency to do part of the work and they were paid the final 2500 USD. I signed the contract with that agency on behalf of the Foundation and Daniel paid the bill when it came.

Back