• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Questions from Community Members to DASH Core Team Members

Having faster block times doesn't give you faster times to get the same security. You still need 10 minutes of blocks to get about the same security as a 10 minute bitcoin block. It only allows partial security, which in this case might be enough.

That is why instantsend is a game changer. Full security in a second. We should be creating products that are better than fiat equivalents, not accepting that user will want to use something that takes them 5 minutes longer to use.

This is a very frustrating thread to read. It should be clear to everyone attached to this project that InstantSend is our meal ticket. It's the reason to use Dash. Without it, we're Litecoin. InstantSend must become the default transaction type, and it must go into every wallet and ATM and payment clearing software that supports Dash.

This is a very frustrating thread to read. It should be clear to everyone attached to this project that InstantSend is our meal ticket. It's the reason to use Dash. Without it, we're Litecoin. InstantSend must become the default transaction type, and it must go into every wallet and ATM and payment clearing software that supports Dash.

While I agree that InstantSend is a critical feature and one of our most important ones, let's not exaggerate. Litecoin has no PrivateSend, no budget system, no second tier which can be used to do different things in time, and essentially no active development.

Honestly, if I had to pick one thing that's our killer feature, it would be the budget system. People just don't understand how extraordinary it is that we can pay for our own development, marketing, integrations, etc. Not only that, but the positive feedback loop it creates is extraordinary. At current prices we have $1 million per year to work with...that's HUGE!

Right, this is frustrating (or rather strange) thread to read.
No one from the development team said that InstantSend won't be implemented on machines, yet those who have nothing to do with development try to build strange theories for unknown reason... There is no reason to talk about obvious things - let's focus on questions.

Right, this is frustrating (or rather strange) thread to read.
No one from the development team said that InstantSend won't be implemented on machines, yet those who have nothing to do with development try to build strange theories for unknown reason... There is no reason to talk about obvious things - let's focus on questions.

I'm not sure what "theories" you are referring to. A couple people expressed a concern about InstantSend perhaps not being as high of a priority as they would like. That's all.

To make sure I understand your answer, am I correct that you are saying that (1) no, instantsend is not currently supported, (2) we have provided them with the information they would need should they decide to start developing instantsend support, (3) the focus right now is on getting a working product first, so we are not particularly pushing or hurrying them along to include InstantSend right now. Please tell me if I am not characterizing your intended answer correctly --

There was also babyg's point about non-IX transactions being faster than Bitcoin because of the shorter block times, although I'd have to agree with solar about faster block time does not mean equal faster security. However, I do not know how many blocks would be "sufficient" here - if it is only one block then it might not matter.

@SolarminerI just know that nowadays majority of people don't care about the technology behind the services they use on daily basis.
So why bother making InstantSend?

Maybe "people" don't pay attention to how the tech they are abusing works. But they're still noticing the consequences of it. This is why Bitclones are not taken seriously.

It's why those persons who have usurped control, if they intend to keep it, should start giving a damn about the technologies that are being used, even if if the users don't.

The consequences.

Businesses, once tipped off to this weirdness, very quickly learn what a double-spend is. There is no way a sane, informed grown-up is going to let that into their business. Due Diligence. Are you really trying to just spin that past business owners? This is why Crypto has such a stigma. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice; not gonna happen! Every successful business owner lives by this mantra. They are not going to go confirmationless unless they are damned fools!

"People" don't want to sit around waiting for block inclusions to make the transaction secure. So, they don't use it. There's no demand. Sure, the user doesn't know why they're being forced to wait. They just know that they are. So they're not interested anymore.

BUT YOU KNOW!

AND YOU WORK ON THE PROJECT THAT NULLIFIED THAT NEED!

YET STILL REFUSES TO MAKE THE MOVE, AND DOES EVERYTHING IT CAN TO STOP THOSE PARTIES THAT WOULD MAKE THE MOVE.

YOU HAVE TOLD THE ENTIRE DASH COMMUNITY THAT YOU WOULD. YOU HAVE SUCKED UP TONS OF MONEY BASED ON THOSE PROMISES.

And you come back to us with the statement that nobody understands so why bother?

If I describe the ridiculousness of that in a manner that is appropriate, my post will be censored.

Again.

Most people have no idea why why their car runs like crap when they fill the tank full of water with the garden hose. Does this mean that the engineers who designed the car should never explain it, and make no effort?
It should be clear to everyone attached to this project that InstantSend is our meal ticket.
And you just heard it in a very fancy, complicated wording designed to spin your head and keep you befuddled, that the very people who are supposed to be doing this, would rather say "Nobody cares about the tech, so why should we?"

Maybe nobody who uses facebook cares how it works, but the people who run it damn well better...

Last edited:
We should be creating products that are better than fiat equivalents, not accepting that user will want to use something that takes them 5 minutes longer to use.
Bingo. Because they won't!

If it's not better than what they already have, why would they bother?

I've used this analogy before, and yes, it is crude, but dammit, you people just don't get the message.

If you unzip and whip out your ding dong in front of a girl you've never met, the fact that it "really easy" to blow you is not going to motivate her to do so! In fact, it's going to have the exact opposite effect!

There has to be a compelling interest that gives her the desire to do so.

Right now, the DASH project does in fact have what the ladies want, but DASH, like every loser who can't get laid, is trying to explain it's way in, instead of being an experience.

@kot You're 100% right! Nobody cares how it works. But, there are consequences when you make the customer do things the customer doesn't want to do. DASH has the ability to eliminate those negative problems from both the Vendor's side and the Customer's side. And it is failing to do so. Again, explaining to a woman why she should think you're so great will never work. Explaining to a bunch of cryptotards will be just as useless, and is every bit as counter-productive for all the same reasons.

DO! REAL MEN TAKE ACTION. Show the difference, don't explain it. Let the user experience not having to wait around. Let the vendor experience zero fear of not actually getting the money. InstanSend is the golden effing ticket for Crypto, and you've let it rot on the vine for over a year while sucking up tons of money! You've FUDded and trolled anyone who tries to go around you. The only contacts you've made to existing Crypto-to-fiat entities, is to tell them not to deal with us because we're not prim and proper.

People who get shit done don't wear a suit and tie!

I don't take my car to a mechanic with clean, manicured hands. Figure it out!

Hard work is done by hard people. Quit screwing around...

There are several competitor coins who have plans to implement a multi-tier architecture with the same payment lock features. You sat on it and did nothing for over a year! You've been given gold on a silver platter, and not only couldn't be asked to put on your platinum gloves to pick it up, you've deliberately flushed it down the toilet all in the name of stupid nerd ego tripping!

The fact that I have to keep explaining this to the very people who say they are doing it... When "it" could be done in a week. HELLO?

Last edited:
let's focus on questions.

OK, do you agree with this statement: "InstantSend is the OBVIOUS answer to user and merchant concerns about using cryptocurrency. It should be the policy of Dash to require InstantSend on any customer facing device or software."

If so will you make this happen? If not, why the fuck not?

OK, do you agree with this statement: "InstantSend is the OBVIOUS answer to user and merchant concerns about using cryptocurrency. It should be the policy of Dash to require InstantSend on any customer facing device or software."

If so will you make this happen? If not, why not?

yes it is
but
as with everything , we have to do this step by step !
any development and integration starts with Dash 'normal' (double check) and second step is IX and third step is DS ..... same with Mobile Wallets and all others !
(i do not know the details of that ATM deal - just saying things need time and no need to jump from 0 to 200 - as we are still working/waiting for the ATM's to be out and live)

@Solarminerit needs to be optional for the operator to implement, as they may not yet feel confident enough in the technology to turn InstantSend on.
Yes.

We should keep on screwing up really bad because it's what we're used to doing... Lets acknowledge the killer app, and then not do it because different is scary! We invented this solution, but we're so afraid of our own shadow that we'll let it rot on the vine in fear of wetting our panties when it actually works...

Excellent.

Garbage in, garbage out...

Lets keep doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. Especially when that same thing is something that anyone with an IQ above room temperature could tell would never work in the first place.

Please, oh please make IS the default in 12.1.... Please show me that the DASH project doesn't have it head so far up it's ass that there's no hope...

let's focus on questions.
The point of the questions is to get answers. Or, do you not like what is exposed so recommend just not answering questions anymore?

The real reason you guys don't like me is because I put you on the spot and I'm not so easily duped as the average SuckerNode Operator.

So, here's a question. Why has the "team" that has appointed itself the chieftains of making DASH a real thing in the real world relegated itself to busywork, with it's one major crowning achievement, the use of ATM machines that undermine any reason for Vendors to accept it directly, creates mountains of needless red tape, and will still neglect the killer feature? Oh, and if you phone up the company, they have never even heard of it... Oh, and this software is entirely optional and won't even be part of the machine unless customers who don't even know it exists request it, and if a customer asks, they're told there's no such thing... Oh, and the money keeps getting funneled into a shell company that is developing overcomplicated solutions to a problem that doesn't exist, that customers don't want. I realize that's a huge question, but there's just so fucking much that is clusterfucked in this that finding a starting point is impossible, and I want some fucking answers.

Or should we just keep focusing on questions, and not bother with the fact that questions are supposed to lead to answers...

Last edited:
I updated the OP with new answers provided by @kot - Thanks to those providing answers and discussion. I hope this thread helps with the communication between community and team members. Just an fyi, I am only taking direct answers when a question is quoted, if answers are provided in the discussion posts it will be hard for me to get those. Please continue the discussion but if you are providing an answer don't forget to quote the question.

Oh, and the official mobile app still crashes upon attempting an IX/IS, and become unuseable until you delete it, which deletes the wallet file and any coins that might have been in it... Hello? Why did you even bother to invent IX/IS if you're only going to wipe your butt with it?

Oh, and the official mobile app still crashes upon attempting an IX/IS, and become unuseable until you delete it, which deletes the wallet file and any coins that might have been in it... Hello? Why did you even bother to invent IX/IS if you're only going to wipe your butt with it?

pull yourself together !
if you have a problem with the Android Wallet and IX maybe give some intelligent feedback than ranting and ranting
What Phone
What version

transaction locks expire after 60 min if they are included in a block.
Hell, why not sooner? Oh, 24 blocks in 12.1. Isn't that basically the same thing? Once it's in a block, why do we need the TX lock anymore? The whole point is to secure it in the memory pool UNTIL it is flushed to carved-in-stone storage. No need for it after that.

pull yourself together !
I've got my act plenty together. This is an extreme example of the pot calling the waffle purple.

I picture a crackhead stumbling in to Wal Mart and telling me that I need to get my life together as I pay for my stuff at the self checkout... Not with DASH, because that crackhead is the self-appointed god of getting DASH to be used in retail.
pull yourself together !if you have a problem with the Android Wallet and IX maybe give some intelligent feedback than ranting and ranting
OnePlus One
Cyanogen 13.1.2/Android 6.0.1

I did that months ago. Provided details that it's network propagation related. It won't instacrash if you shut off all networking, but as soon as it can reach a network, it tries to broadcast the IX again and crashes. I posted it twice several months ago.

I rant because being civilized is ignored.

SOP: Ignore until indignant. Advise to stop being indignant. Pretend that this isn't antagonizing and provoking... Play the victim. Condescend.

I don't waste civility on those who clearly lack it. An asshole with manners is still an asshole.

Even if there were IX-enabled retail functions, there's no app to use it.

Last edited:
I did that months ago.

I rant because being civilized is ignored.

SOP: Ignore until indignant. Advise to stop being indignant. Pretend that this isn't antagonizing and provoking... Play the victim. Be arrogant.

I don't waste civility on those who clearly lack it. An asshole with manners is still an asshole.

beautiful comment - very constructive !
hashengeneering was asking for testers many times - he /we tested - new version is coming out
if your phone type is included - i am not sure as u do not give me an intelligent answer here :rolleyes: otherwise i could double-check for u

pull yourself together !
if you have a problem with the Android Wallet and IX maybe give some intelligent feedback than ranting and ranting
What Phone
What version
Actually, Camo is looking pretty with it now.

beautiful comment - very constructive !
hashengeneering was asking for testers many times - he /we tested - new version is coming out
if your phone type is included - i am not sure as u do not give me an intelligent answer here :rolleyes: otherwise i could double-check for u

This is a known problem referenced in these threads.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-wallet.10332/#post-103884
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/i-would-like-to-thank-hashengineering.8199/#post-86931

And now even in this thread with a new wallet proposal?
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-android-wallet-proposal.10719/

If anyone wants an IX wallet that works. Here is the old one.
www.dashndrink.com/dwhe.apk

Actually, Camo is looking pretty with it now.

This is a known problem referenced in these threads.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-wallet.10332/#post-103884
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/i-would-like-to-thank-hashengineering.8199/#post-86931

And now even in this thread with a new wallet proposal?
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-android-wallet-proposal.10719/

If anyone wants an IX wallet that works. Here is the old one.
www.dashndrink.com/dwhe.apk

yes these threads/posts are from Nov 2014 and May 2014
a new version since than is out already - and another newer in the pipeline

New Proposal
yes as he wants to get testing and documentation more professional sorted

IX Wallet that works
obviously this totally depends on your phone and version
i have an android now for testing and have zero problems with hash old or new version !

The point of the questions is to get answers. Or, do you not like what is exposed so recommend just not answering questions anymore?

The real reason you guys don't like me is because I put you on the spot and I'm not so easily duped as the average SuckerNode Operator.

So, here's a question. Why has the "team" that has appointed itself the chieftains of making DASH a real thing in the real world relegated itself to busywork, with it's one major crowning achievement, the use of ATM machines that undermine any reason for Vendors to accept it directly, creates mountains of needless red tape, and will still neglect the killer feature? Oh, and if you phone up the company, they have never even heard of it... Oh, and this software is entirely optional and won't even be part of the machine unless customers who don't even know it exists request it, and if a customer asks, they're told there's no such thing... Oh, and the money keeps getting funneled into a shell company that is developing overcomplicated solutions to a problem that doesn't exist, that customers don't want. I realize that's a huge question, but there's just so fucking much that is clusterfucked in this that finding a starting point is impossible, and I want some fucking answers.

Or should we just keep focusing on questions, and not bother with the fact that questions are supposed to lead to answers...

Wait, TigoCTM has a phone number? It isn't listed on their webpage, or any address, or contact info, even the domain is hidden. Only way to contact them is via a contact form on their webpage.

Even the ASIC miner companies that were actually scamming people posted a phone, address, and email for you to place orders.

Back