• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash wallet

Jyoung

Basically I have downloaded dash coin couple days ago. I had money transferred from a friend. Now I try to transfer money and right as transfer is done. My wallet says "unfortunately dash wallet has stopped" and my funds were not transferred . I'm reseting phone and app still is continuing to say the same thing ??? I'm devistated right now....Can some one please help ?

Are you sure you downloaded the wallet from "Hash Engineering"? Could you please double check. The reason I ask is that we are "Dash," "Dashcoin" is actually a different crypto that was started to troll our users.

Pablo.

Dashcoin was not started to troll/cause problems (although some have certainly been trying to leverage it for that). https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/official-statement-on-rebranding-to-dash.4297/

That having been said, we do need additional details to attempt to assist you @Jyoung.

Hmmm, that's weird; I could swear I read that Dashcoin was started after the rebrand for the purpose of trolling. But I'm not 100% on this so I'm willing to take your word on it :).

Pablo.

I down loaded an Apk file from Google . I downloaded on to a blackberry passport . Was working fine when got funds transferred. I even have wallet code from transfer that was sent to me . Is there anything I can do to recover the wallet ? It keeps saying "unfortunately dash wallet has stopped ". I can't recover when reset phone or recover when turning it off . It just keeps popping up the same.

So you are using the wallet from Hash Engineering @Jyoung? If so, did you back up your wallet? It reminds you to do this every time you start it until you do. Definitely do not uninstall the app if you haven't created a wallet backup.

Yes we used hash engineering .I did create the wallet back up and it won't open either.
As long as you're sure you have a proper backup of the wallet (HD key), then I would try to install the latest testing release from Hash Engineering (it has a lot of bug fixes). If you want to be extra careful before trying this, then go to Settings -> Diagnostics -> Show xpub and store that somewhere safe (keep in mind this is not the key used to move funds, but it should still be kept private to protect your privacy). The latest testing release is https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v4.65.12A

Good luck!

This is a common problem with some users with the current version of the Dash Wallet.

Possible Fix 1: Update your wallet with this new test version: https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v4.65.12A

Possible Fix 2: Turn off WiFi on your phone, start the app. Reset the Blockchain. Turn on Wifi.

And you can also send me a crash report when your app. That will help me a lot in case the above two solutions don't work.

I'm using blackberry passport !! Is that the problem cause I downloaded the dash app to the phone . I have the new app https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v4.65.12A installed now and the old is gone that had my dash coins on it . My back up down load is there in downloads on black berry passport cause I did back it up. But every time I press the back up in down loads it says "unable to open dash wallet back up since August 16"

Please let me know what step you suggest next ... Thanks for all your support

Sorry for the late reply. The best way to restore a backup to tap the navigation button in the top left, then pick Safety, then Restore Wallet. From the list, select the correct backup file, then enter the password for the backup. Let me know if this is how you did it?

It sounds like you went to the downloads folder on your phone and tapped the file and it did not correctly load within Dash Wallet. On my phone, using various file managers, I haven't been able to load a backup file. Rather it works using the above menu selections in the app.

Back