• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal to get more proposals

I'm not a fan of the high proposal fee. To risk $5500 most business people would need a guaranteed 3x return even if you don't include time. Some proposals are one-time projects that don't require that much time or provide no long term benefit to the proposal creator. This creates project bloat or some justification for having to charge more, that then lowers the appearance of value. Then creates higher risk of proposal failing to pass. On top of that that most masternodes don't give much feedback.

For now this favors large projects with lots of people involved.

There is no network safety net. Proposals these days require you to drop your day job, drop $5500, and roll dice on a proposal passing. For a 1-3 month job if you are lucky, then you start over. Unless you work for one of the unicorns that gets repeated funding its hard to contribute to dash on a long term. The community needs to work on this more.

I'm not a fan of the high proposal fee. To risk $5500 most business people would need a guaranteed 3x return even if you don't include time. Some proposals are one-time projects that don't require that much time or provide no long term benefit to the proposal creator. This creates project bloat or some justification for having to charge more, that then lowers the appearance of value. Then creates higher risk of proposal failing to pass. On top of that that most masternodes don't give much feedback.

For now this favors large projects with lots of people involved.

There is no network safety net. Proposals these days require you to drop your day job, drop $5500, and roll dice on a proposal passing. For a 1-3 month job if you are lucky, then you start over. Unless you work for one of the unicorns that gets repeated funding its hard to contribute to dash on a long term. The community needs to work on this more.

This is also my issue. I would like to submit a film proposal (pre-proposal now on this forum) but as Dash has risen in value, if the proposal doesn't get backed I can't risk losing 5 Dash :( Are there any other options for this December - can a proposal get sponsored (?), or some way to make this easier for smaller applicants?

Last edited:
This is also my issue. I would like to submit a film proposal (pre-proposal now on this forum) but as Dash has risen in value, if the proposal doesn't get backed I can't risk loosing 5 Dash :( Are there any other options for this December - can a proposal get sponsored (?), or some way to make this easier for smaller applicants?

As long as dash MNOs deny the obvious, you should also participate in a dash hard fork.
Immediatly after the hard fork, the coins get some value , as the experiance showed in the bitcoin case.
Lower value means lower budget, but also lower proposal fee.
You could also ask funding in other governance coins, like forum.pivx.org e.t.c.

Last edited:
This is also my issue. I would like to submit a film proposal (pre-proposal now on this forum) but as Dash has risen in value, if the proposal doesn't get backed I can't risk losing 5 Dash :( Are there any other options for this December - can a proposal get sponsored (?), or some way to make this easier for smaller applicants?

Yes, absolutely. Post your pre-proposal and explain the situation with the proposal fee. If you make a good case, an MNO such as myself may help you raise the money needed for the proposal.

You can also try the Dash Incubator https://fundchan.com/dashbudgetwatch

Is there a proposal that managed to get funded by @jimbursch Incubator?

I have no idea.

It would be very helpful if there was a sticky at the top of the pre-proposals forum, "Funding Opportunities". Just a short post to explain that there might be help for raising the 5 dash pre-proposal fee.

I think if DASH price continue rising, it will be more difficult to have lot proposals as you said. See, entrepreneurs exist because lack of money (and because they want to change the world with their ideas), 5000$ is a lot of money to find for an entrepreneur just for posting a proposal. I think the proposal fee has to be a fixed amount on $ currency. Then we could promote and find for marketers for DASH.

What do u guys think?

unfortunately no , and i believe dash treasury is doomed unless we lower the fee by 50 times

I think if DASH price continue rising, it will be more difficult to have lot proposals as you said. See, entrepreneurs exist because lack of money (and because they want to change the world with their ideas), 5000$ is a lot of money to find for an entrepreneur just for posting a proposal. I think the proposal fee has to be a fixed amount on $ currency. Then we could promote and find for marketers for DASH.

What do u guys think?

I agree with this, as someone who's in the process of getting a proposal out to support the Dash network, my greatest fear is losing my initial investment-- 5 DASH, which is a lot to me. I know of several entrepreneurs who are interested in helping Dash but cannot afford the risk of losing $5k. I think the amount being fixed in a USD amount makes much more sense.

In my opinion, when proposals begin to cost 10k+ this will pose a serious issue. Although I'm unsure how this could be changed

The Dash Bug Bounty program was underwritten by Dash Incubator, which proved that the model can work.

Dash Incubator can be a profitable business to operate in service of the Dash network. I simply don't have the bandwidth to develop it, given my other projects that take priority (Dash Messaging).

I predict in the future there will be several services operating that will:

- escrow proposal projects
- package many small projects in one proposal
- advocate/campaign for proposals
- earn the trust of MNOs

@Green Candle is positioned to be such a service. Dash Incubator could be such a service, if I (or someone else -- hint hint opportunity hint hint) had the time to work on it.

The Dash Bug Bounty program was underwritten by Dash Incubator, which proved that the model can work.

Dash Incubator can be a profitable business to operate in service of the Dash network. I simply don't have the bandwidth to develop it, given my other projects that take priority (Dash Messaging).

I predict in the future there will be several services operating that will:

- escrow proposal projects
- package many small projects in one proposal
- advocate/campaign for proposals
- earn the trust of MNOs

@Green Candle is positioned to be such a service. Dash Incubator could be such a service, if I (or someone else -- hint hint opportunity hint hint) had the time to work on it.

I like the work you've done on both projects, but between the two, I suspect the incubator project has more utility. Your messenger addresses one specific area (pay-per-chat), but it doesn't have any of the other features people want in a messenger. I mean to say, there is a clear trend for in-chat payments and services, but how can you move forward when you're only catering for one specific use case? How difficult would it be to incorporate pay-per-chat into Status, Obsidian or Kik? - I suspect not much, they are full-on projects. That there is your competition.

In contrast, and as you rightly say, the dash proposal space has a lot of space to grow and compete. Are you sure you have chosen the right path?

Back