• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Tao Community Coordinator

@AndyDark, having Tao act as an agreeable liaison will reduce the amount of time that developers will be spending on "concern trolls". I think many of us can be convinced to allow Tao to help vet feedback to make sure it is appropriate and constructive. If dealing with so many people one on one is not a good use of your time, then having Tao take on this role is an opportunity for you to not feel the need to respond to just anything that gets thrown at you. I know it can be exhausting trying to actually understand the substance of what another person is really trying to communicate at the same time as disregarding any snarky jabs. I would trust Tao to keep a lookout for when something like this is happening and to help get things straight to the real point.

I already have to spend a significant amount of time working with existing liaisons, for reporting, project management, strategy, progress reporting, updates, meetings etc.

Adding another liaison is not going to reduce my workload, it will increase it. Plus if that liaison's job is to condense "concerns" from forum members, that is really not speeding up Evolution development.

It is the Network that is governing Dash, and Evolution has a mandate to do the work as per the Network approved proposals / specs.

That governance is protected by cost - small minorities cannot change specs / structure / work / actions, only the people with the real interest in Dash can collectively.

Concern on forums is really not a major concern of mine that I will be putting time into, either on the forum or talking to anyone appointed to bringing those concerns to my attention.

Those concerns should be brought directly to the network and dealt with in a democratic way, what's happening here is potentially an attack vector where a small troll group like we had on BCT could essentially flood the forums at low cost and actually start to effect relay change / disrupt development without needing the masternodes to do so.

This is a green card to have an open channel that allows bypassing the network governance potentially in my opinion, which is why I am warning Tao of how this might go, because obviously Tao is one of our best contributors in the community and I want to protect his time / value and mine too.

Tao, please focus on your social media work which is adding a lot of value. I for one don't want me or my team having more meetings / liaising especially with the kind of parties you are proposing we liaise with.

I already have to spend a significant amount of time working with existing liaisons, for reporting, project management, strategy, progress reporting, updates, meetings etc.

Adding another liaison is not going to reduce my workload, it will increase it. Plus if that liaison's job is to condense "concerns" from forum members, that is really not speeding up Evolution development.

It is the Network that is governing Dash, and Evolution has a mandate to do the work as per the Network approved proposals / specs.

That governance is protected by cost - small minorities cannot change specs / structure / work / actions, only the people with the real interest in Dash can collectively.

Concern on forums is really not a major concern of mine that I will be putting time into, either on the forum or talking to anyone appointed to bringing those concerns to my attention.

Those concerns should be brought directly to the network and dealt with in a democratic way, what's happening here is potentially an attack vector where a small troll group like we had on BCT could essentially flood the forums at low cost and actually start to effect relay change / disrupt development without needing the masternodes to do so.

This is a green card to have an open channel that allows bypassing the network governance potentially in my opinion, which is why I am warning Tao of how this might go, because obviously Tao is one of our best contributors in the community and I want to protect his time / value and mine too.

Tao, please focus on your social media work which is adding a lot of value. I for one don't want me or my team having more meetings / liaising especially with the kind of parties you are proposing we liaise with.

I would point out that if a "concern" were to be taken to the MNs to be decided in a democratic way, this can and already has been interpreted by core developers as unnecessary and antagonistic when most matters can be resolved without MNs. In Amanda's thread Evan has already suggested a procedure for handling things like this, and MN vote is intended to be only used if the other avenues fail.

Part of the reason we need someone in this role is because, frankly, the developers who interact here on the forum are closely attached to their work and thus when they receive criticism they are often not adept at identifying who is trolling and who actually has a significant interest in DASH.

This will in no way impose any reporting requirements on you. The only person who might want to create reports is Tao himself, for example if he wanted to present to @kot or to all of us, a summary of his progress and the health of the Dash community.

Crossposted here for relevancy:

Only that I truly believe that "nation" thingy creates a branding clash, for the lack of a better word, with the main message Dash gives to the world as it presents itself "as the next big thing": a privacy centric digital cash.

Dash Nation's goals are EXACTLY the same as Dash's. It doesn't have its own agenda as it exists because of Dash. It is simply a gathering of like-minded people who are attracted to that sense of belonging, and passion for something. We are a global community of Dash fans, doing what we can to promote it, and based on what you wrote here, I'd love to have you on the team. Enhancing Dash's message will always be the goal of Dash Nation.

some people have issue with two terms you're using, "Dash Nation" and another, in your proposal, "Community Lead".

Some do, but honestly, outside of these forums, the ideas I have brought forth are getting great feedback. Also, not everyone here disagrees either. When I first ran the poll asking "Would you like to be a part of Dash Nation?", the overwhelming majority said YES.

Why don't you tweak those terms / roles and revive the Dash Ambassadors Program?

This is exactly the goal of Dash Nation, I just chose to give it a less boring name. The goals align however, and if you would like to bury the hatchet, realize that Dash Nation will be a thing, we'd love to have you on board, helping us out.

You can lead them
, not to be "just" a part of a nation that does not have clearly defined goal (I am really not discounting the passion and am getting the idea behind, despite my disagreement over its branding flaw as I see it, but if I root for the Red Sox Nation for example and am a member of the fan club, what am I really doing for the Red Sox development)

This is the crux of the problem as I see it. You view Dash Nation as its own unique entity, and that people that join are fans of Dash Nation, not Dash. This is incorrect. People who join Red Sox Nation are the biggest passionate fans of the Boston Red Sox, buying season tickets, buying merchandise, following them on the road, and contributing to the team's bottom line, while encouraging others to do so as well. Can you see the correlation, and what I'm trying to accomplish with Dash Nation? Only this baby is global, and will be Red Sox Nation x1,000,000! Dash is the reason for Dash Nation, make no mistake.

(anyone who has a service or product to sell can offer a discount if paid in DASH -- I'll start first. I am giving a 50% OFF my SEO services if paid in DASH. Promote it. Anyone knows something and can offers something; take @bigrcanada wine for example. He sells it for Dash, so get a discount and from him as a commission for Dash Ambassadors that sell his wine for Dash;

These are great suggestions. "Proud members of Dash Nation" would make for great stickers and promotional materials, eye-catching and great conversation starters. Please help us.

what matters is the message not the format)

I completely agree.

we have a need for a concise information in one place. It is difficult, even for us lunatics to follow so much information spread out so many places.

That is one of the mandates of www.dashnation.com. We actively seek out Dash news and put it in one easy to follow place, coincidentally with its own newsletter, which you think is a good idea.

These are my 2 duffs. Take them at their worth or shrug them at will.

Good luck in all that you do :)

Thank you. You have given me some great ideas, and like @TheDashGuy said, it would be great if you could give us pointers. Good luck with Dash World as well!

Not all concerns are legit. I have been here enough and have the sense to know which ones need to be addressed and which ones are there to stir up trouble. You can count on me to be an effective filter. You are busy, and I wouldn't dream of hindering your progress (or mine for that matter). :)

ANNOUNCEMENT: I have responded to community feedback by modifying the name of this proposal to "Tao: Community Coordinator". The Community Coordinator position has the sub jobs of Community Builder, and Community Communicator.

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/tao-community-lead

I don't know if the blockchain name can be modified, maybe an expert can chime in with that.

I feel that this more accurately conveys the intentions behind the proposal, and hope that it addresses concerns people have about it. As always, I am around to address any questions and concerns. Thanks to those who have supported me thus far, and I hope to gain the trust of those who haven't.

Sincerely,

Tao.

Last edited:
I´m very sorry but since the last neverending polemic with core slack channel and thedashguy I will change my votes to no. I think it´s not appropiate to try to be a leader by disruption and propaganda.

I´m very sorry but since the last neverending polemic with core slack channel and thedashguy I will change my votes to no. I think it´s not appropiate to try to be a leader by disruption and propaganda.
I'm sorry you feel that way. While I am not responsible for a lot of what's going on, I respect your opinion. Maybe over time, I can win your vote back. I'm currently concentrating on what's made me so successful, which is community building and helping others around the Dashsphere. Watch me for the next couple of weeks, you'll see what I'm about. Don't give up on me, yet! :)

Cheers,

Tao.

I want to thank you for all our past efforts and I greatly encourage you to continue doing the right things you are doing because you are an invaluable asset to Dash but I think perhaps that´s not the right moment nor the right way to do it.

I want to thank you for all our past efforts and I greatly encourage you to continue doing the right things you are doing because you are an invaluable asset to Dash but I think perhaps that´s not the right moment nor the right way to do it.
Thank you for your kind words. I will do just that.

I've got nothing against Tao. I also don't care about the drama. I just don't see the good in creating an unneeded office and appointing one's self to it. No matter who it is. I hate bureaucracy.

This is essentially a vote to create an office for someone who has already appointed himself to it. I don't care who you are, what you've done, what your name is; that's a bad idea. I dislike the precedent and concept that this creates, not the person.

I've got nothing against Tao. I also don't care about the drama. I just don't see the good in creating an unneeded office and appointing one's self to it. No matter who it is. I hate bureaucracy.

This is essentially a vote to create an office for someone who has already appointed himself to it. I don't care who you are, what you've done, what your name is; that's a bad idea. I dislike the precedent and concept that this creates, not the person.
I can see your point. If this proposal does not pass, I will look into making another one that deals with compensating me for my time and results, without making it so political.

I just want to contribute to Dash and grow a community of engaged and passionate people, as I have been doing, and be valued by the network for my hard work. If this turns out not to be the way to do it, I will try again. I've never been a quitter!

Thank you for your comments, Camo.

I can see your point. If this proposal does not pass, I will look into making another one that deals with compensating me for my time and results, without making it so political.

I just want to contribute to Dash and grow a community of engaged and passionate people, as I have been doing, and be valued by the network for my hard work. If this turns out not to be the way to do it, I will try again. I've never been a quitter!

Dear Tao~ Like you said, you have already helped lots of people. To me, with or without any title, you can still doing the same thing here. So keep rolling~To be what we should be, to do what we should do. I was inspired by all of the volunteers(like you) in the Community. Doing the best i can to make the project better. This time i did vote No this time, simply because i know you can do so much better next time. Yep~ if this turns out not to be the way to do it. Think carefully, gather all the suggestions, try next time~ You are approved by many members who you once helped, they voted yes for thank you because of the MN setup guide you wrote. keep doing in that way~ the main goal of proposal is Help the Community members, right?;) Wish you the best~ Always

Do you know what DASH does need?

Vendor Outreach.

Vendors are the key users who's user experience is being neglected. Their incredibly bad user experience is being completely ignored. As is typical of the cryptotard community.

All coins other than DASH have no reason to bother, because they are vendor-hostile by design.

DASH has the feature set that they lack, and can be vendor-friendly. But, InstantSend is being left to rot on the vine due to the pervasive neo-soviet crypto-ponzi mindset. While the features are uniquely vendor-friendly, the community and development staff are either vendor-oblivious or vendor-hostile.

This is an office which is screamingly, bleedingly, desperately needed!

Be that guy! I can't imagine how a person could vote no on that... But I'm sure there's enough retarded MNOs that it'll happen...

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/bsdev-general-fund

Go help this. We need outreach to our own MNOs. They need to be educated. We don't have much need to tell the world when the world still can't do a damn thing with DASH. Preaching to ponzi-head cryptotards doesn't help DASH, either. DASH's own MNOs are utterly clueless! Clean up your own shop before you go looking for converts...

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/flagship-merchant1

See if you can line up some REAL merchants to work on. I did this once and the community shit all over it... How 'bout you give it a try? You like o stroke peoples' egos and make them feel good. They don't have irrational, animalistic reactions to you and vote off their nose to spite their face. Go for it!

This should be DASH's ultimate top priority, but it's being treated like an afterthought, if even that, because most of the community and core developers are out of touch with reality. Yeah, I know, the mechanics are much more annoying compared to how Evolution will do it. If you wait that long, someone else is going to snatch up the market and you'll never get it back. If you fail to move just because the situation is less than ideal, you'll never get anything done.

PS and IS can be implemented, less ideally, in a peer to peer fashion. Being slightly better after something like that grabs the market; you'll never get it back. Why? Vendors. See the Vendors' perspective. Credit/Debit Cards have fees, and Chargebacks can come as much as 180 days later! If a less-than-ideal peer-to-peer coin reduces that to 15 seconds by cloning InstantSend (what a terrible name, BTW, has nothing to do with what it does...)... DASH doing it is 2 seconds really won't matter anymore. All 3 are instant in the consumer's eyes... They don't give a shit which one they end up with. It's the vendors who make a difference, and DASH isn't even in the race for the very feature that it invented! Are you fucking kidding me? Do you really think that Vendors or End Consumers give one flying fuck about your horribly busted self-governance? Explain auditable-privacy-in-plain-view to any of the people standing in line at the Wal Mart check out. I dare you to find even one person who can comprehend it and find a way to give a damn. Even the ponzi-heads who do understand it still don't care...

DASH is losing it's own race... It hasn't even shown up a full year after it invented the race! It doesn't matter if Evolution will do this much more cleanly if someone else has grabbed the market by then. It doesn't matter what Evolution will be. The race is on NOW. Get in the game or just kill yourself already...

Last edited:
Back