• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal -- Renew DASH: Detailed for 6 Months

amanda_b_johnson

We the production team of DASH: Detailed – Amanda B. Johnson and Pete Eyre – are seeking a six-month agreement renewal for our weekly video series.

To review, in the preceding three months of production we have:

- Published one video per week

- What Stands Between Digital Currency & 'Mass Adoption'?
- How Does Dash's DAO Work?
- Masternode Setup, Buying Shares, and ‘Interest-Bearing Accounts’ of the Future
- Ethereum’s Fork & Bitcoin’s Block Size: Different Dramas, Same Cause
- Do You Make These 4 Mistakes When Explaining Cryptocurrency to Newcomers?
- Hard ‘n’ Fast vs. Deliberate ‘n’ Slow: How to Reach ‘Cryptocurrency 3.0’?
- EVERYTHING You Need to Know About Dash in Under 3 Minutes!
- Hashrate, Security, & the ‘Tax’ of Inflation: Dash’s Ryan Taylor Gets Unconventional
- Dash Team Interview: Evan, Daniel, Robert, Ryan, & Holger Answer Your Questions
- Is There a Maximum Coin Supply in Dash?
- Anyone Can Apply for Dash Treasury Funds: A 3-Step Tutorial
- Why Dash is the Most Sybil Attack-Resistant Cryptocurrency – By Far
- Apple. We're Digital Currency Experts Now.​

- Published two bonus videos

- Anthony Di Iorio on Jaxx’s Business Model & Imminent Dash Integration
- Crypto Investors Should Look Closer at Dash: The Atlanta Blockchain Hosts Evan & Amanda​

We have also created and shared monthly investor reports to keep everyone in the loop.

Additionally, in an effort to inform different audiences about Dash, Amanda has been a guest on a number of media outlets: Liberty Entrepreneurs, NeoCash Radio, Bitcoin Uncensored, Fort Galt TV, and The Crypto Show.

While it is impossible to quantify the precise effect our work has had on Dash’s market cap, some available metrics can act as a gauge:

- YouTube subscriptions have increased from 140 to 3,000+
- Contact list of grassroots Dash supporters has grown from 0 to 284 email addresses (and growing), all contacted weekly
- Slack membership has increased from ~400 to 700+. Bill Cassidy has noted that most newcomers cite DASH: Detailed as their reason for stopping by
- Subreddit numbers have increased – subscribership has gone from the high 1000s to the near-mid 2000s and the average number of people in our subreddit has more than doubled from ~6 to ~14
- DASH: Detailed Twitter account has grown from 0 to 500+ thus far
- We’ve shipped DASH: Detailed business cards to dozens of people all over the world for free, on request​

Though DASH: Detailed is not solely responsible, we like to think that our efforts have been part of the forward movement that has seen the Dash price (the most important metric of all) increase from ~$8/Dash to ~$11.50/Dash

GOING FORWARD: We intend to grow the numbers cited above. In an effort to do so, we’ve commissioned a marketing analysis report from an individual who works in that field (and paid her in Dash). We eagerly await her report.

Specifically, our deliverables on behalf of DASH: Detailed for the next six months, then, are:

1 – We publish new, high-caliber, entertaining, informative material every Wednesday
2 – Amanda continues her availability for media appearances
3 – We acquire strategic marketing guidance & begin implementation of said guidance
4 – The Dash price increases further​

We hope to receive your ‘yes’ vote and answer any questions you may have below. Thank you.

You guys should add more hosts and cover more content, imo! THis could be a big business, like fox news of Dash! The concept is good, I like your show Amanda! You guys could produce lotsa good dash content if you had more money/time/staff/help/goals all that good stuff!! Maybe you need 2 shows! Dash:Detailed and Dash: In Real Life to show people this crazy technology is really real and really works everyday all day everday!

We the production team of DASH: Detailed – Amanda B. Johnson and Pete Eyre – are seeking a six-month agreement renewal for our weekly video series.

- Masternode Setup, Buying Shares, and ‘Interest-Bearing Accounts’ of the Future
- Hashrate, Security, & the ‘Tax’ of Inflation: Dash’s Ryan Taylor Gets Unconventional
- Dash Team Interview: Evan, Daniel, Robert, Ryan, & Holger Answer Your Questions

- Crypto Investors Should Look Closer at Dash: The Atlanta Blockchain Hosts Evan & Amanda​

We have also created and shared monthly investor reports to keep everyone in the loop.

Additionally, in an effort to inform different audiences about Dash, Amanda has been a guest on a number of media outlets: Liberty Entrepreneurs, NeoCash Radio, Bitcoin Uncensored, Fort Galt TV, and The Crypto Show.

While it is impossible to quantify the precise effect our work has had on Dash’s market cap, some available metrics can act as a gauge:

- Contact list of grassroots Dash supporters has grown from 0 to 284 email addresses (and growing), all contacted weekly
- Slack membership has increased from ~400 to 700+. Bill Cassidy has noted that most newcomers cite DASH: Detailed as their reason for stopping by
- Subreddit numbers have increased – subscribership has gone from the high 1000s to the near-mid 2000s and the average number of people in our subreddit has more than doubled from ~6 to ~14
- We’ve shipped DASH: Detailed business cards to dozens of people all over the world for free, on request​

Though DASH: Detailed is not solely responsible, we like to think that our efforts have been part of the forward movement that has seen the Dash price (the most important metric of all) increase from ~$8/Dash to ~$11.50/Dash

GOING FORWARD: We intend to grow the numbers cited above. In an effort to do so, we’ve commissioned a marketing analysis report from an individual who works in that field (and paid her in Dash). We eagerly await her report.

Specifically, our deliverables on behalf of DASH: Detailed for the next six months, then, are:

1 – We publish new, high-caliber, entertaining, informative material every Wednesday
3 – We acquire strategic marketing guidance & begin implementation of said guidance

We hope to receive your ‘yes’ vote and answer any questions you may have below. Thank you.

Thanks for your great efforts,

Voted.

Yes from me. More interviews with Ryan please.

I think that everyone will agree that Dash Detailed has been a success. I would definitely vote for a six month extension. The part that I don't really understand is the marketing guidance. @amanda_b_johnson can you expand a bit on that?

I like DD and it gets my vote. However, I think there really needs to be a separation (different channel) between the short vids and longer interview vids. I think they are aiming at two different types of viewers; casual / newcomers vs enthusiasts / dashers. Not everyone has time / motivation to sit through 30+ mins.

I think that everyone will agree that Dash Detailed has been a success. I would definitely vote for a six month extension. The part that I don't really understand is the marketing guidance. @amanda_b_johnson can you expand a bit on that?
Hi, @fernando, thank you for your question.

The "marketing guidance" I refer to is coming in a report via Alex Wall, a social media analyst I know (my cousin, incidentally) who specializes in "finding out what people are talking about on social media."

What I want to know from her specifically is:

1) What kind of person watches DASH: Detailed? Are they a current customer, or yet to be a customer?
2) What kinds of people are potential Dash customers whom we've not yet reached? What type of content is needed to reach them?
3) Should DASH: Detailed continue in its current trajectory to reach new customers, or should we change something we do, or should we simply add a new kind of video to our lineup?
4) If we should change DASH: Detailed somehow, or if we should incorporate a new type of video as its own thing, what should the content be?

I think the answers to those questions can help maximize our videos' impact going forward, as well as helping us identify different types of customers we have according to their various needs/interests/wants.

I hope that answers your question.

I like DD and it gets my vote. However, I think there really needs to be a separation (different channel) between the short vids and longer interview vids. I think they are aiming at two different types of viewers; casual / newcomers vs enthusiasts / dashers. Not everyone has time / motivation to sit through 30+ mins.
Hi, @GrandMasterDash, thanks for your comment.

I hope that this very subject -- the different types of videos -- is addressed in the report I have forthcoming from Alex Wall. I plan to receive a recommendation from her on how to, shall I say, granularize my video offerings to suit different audiences.

I hope that addresses your comment. Thank you.

Hi, @fernando, thank you for your question.

The "marketing guidance" I refer to is coming in a report via Alex Wall, a social media analyst I know (my cousin, incidentally) who specializes in "finding out what people are talking about on social media."

What I want to know from her specifically is:

1) What kind of person watches DASH: Detailed? Are they a current customer, or yet to be a customer?
2) What kinds of people are potential Dash customers whom we've not yet reached? What type of content is needed to reach them?
3) Should DASH: Detailed continue in its current trajectory to reach new customers, or should we change something we do, or should we simply add a new kind of video to our lineup?
4) If we should change DASH: Detailed somehow, or if we should incorporate a new type of video as its own thing, what should the content be?

I think the answers to those questions can help maximize our videos' impact going forward, as well as helping us identify different types of customers we have according to their various needs/interests/wants.

I hope that answers your question.
That sounds great, thanks for clarification!

Back