• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: New merchants and deeper community growth

Comodore

I would like to summarize important points of past proposal.

I had a long and sucessfull speech at Bitcoin meetup (regular event) in Paralelní Polis with higher than average attendance.

The team had grown from me to 2 ppl that are based in Prague.
Another Big sucess is sponzorship of HCPP conference
I do not have a speech unforunately, but I am working toward greater recognition (I will post info below).
On the other hand, we are going to open discussions about dash on HCPP and possibly find new partners.
Truth is that Amanda will be there on Skype, so other people form Dash got lower priority. Which is absolutely great, Amanda is doing great job ;)

Other points
Business developement - I do have very good knowledge about local environment. I did started communication with potential partners for Dash (e.g. catalogue of cryptocurreency accepting merchants with online and smartphone integration with google maps and so on; local ATM company and so on)

Translations: Many translations of Dash Detailed are already finished, What is Dash is completed, great amount of articles about dash are available at dashpay.cz,
I still wonder where are the materials that GreyHost stated to publish (I still want to work with them)
Android wallet translations are nearing completion

Current plans
I would like to work toward later phases of adoption, and bring more action then only presenting ideas.

Cryptocurency knowledge about Dash is getting quite good on local level. I believe that with growing number of local materials about various parts of Dash network it is getting into phase that should push forward adoption.

We have evolution slowly coming, why not to start onboarding merchants? We are going to have a solution that is extremely cheap and scalable, secure and open to everyone. Merchants are protected to the greatest extent ever. I did asked some merchants about bitcoin and I did use bitcoin tens of times mainly in PP.
Merchants from various places are having low amount of payments done on monthly basis, usualy in 1-5/month.

With Dash, we have greater possibilities of communication with those stakeholders. We need to grow tens of merchants in this phase with information that Dash is going to alow everyone to use digital money without problems asociated with bitcoin tough technical circle jerk. If we tell them they could adopt something with these capabilites, I believe we will have strong edge over bitcoin. Other part is InstantSend, which is second biggest thing to communicate about to them.

dash.jpg

Other edge we have over bitcoin is the chance to incentivize synergistic coordination of these.
I would like to grow number of Dash accepting ATMs and other. Other possible opportunity is with vending machines, the oppurtunity is leveraged by current(soon coming) changes of laws.

I see high sense in these activities as they could really grow Dash liquidity in the market. And again we could make adoption of Dash in real world business way better than Bitcoin thanks to the InstantSend and good coordination of activities. Bitcoin is mostly failing in real world businesses as my past experience proved on many examples.

Budget
145 DASH (140 + 5 Dash reimburesement for proposal)

Will be used for:
  • 20% - translations and upgrading website toward merchants needs (translations are described above and below, upgrading meens targeting website for merchants so they could find relevant information)
  • 10% - meetup in Bratislava at then end of October (second presentation about Dash but in the other country Slovakia - the capital city, to pay for expenses with travel and hotel)
  • 30% - PR, Marketing & Business developement (focus on PR & Marketing relations that will make this project better known as well as establishing new partnerships for dash and pushing this into real value for dash stakeholders)
  • 40% growth of merchant adoption (this will be achieved e.g. by personal contact, cooperation with partners for example integrating dash into smartphone and web application with information about merchants and some incentivization of the process and other relevant means)

Goals:
  • Completing all translations of Dash Core client and android (via HashEngineering)
  • Continuing work on Dash Detailed translations
  • Growing community more with active users for the first time
  • Reach 30 merchants that will keep supporting Dash in the upcoming year toward Dash Evolution
  • Transform established partnerships into real stuff for Dash stakeholders
  • Give a presentation about Dash in Bratislava
  • Keep merchants updated and establish some long term means of comunication in order to keep them satisfied.

Why?
Czech Republic is one of the cryptocurrency centers, we have great amount of technical IT people in our society and many Bitcoin startups. For example first hardware wallet (Trezor).
We have a space where Bitcoin meetups are taking place every week (Paralelní Polis) that is probably the only place in the world accepting only Bitcoin for payments (even for yoga classes) According to some statistics we are Sixth country in merchant adoption of Bitcoin. Slovakia is another part of the proposal, but Czech republic has greater potential. Both languages are very much the same so these efforts make Dash available in native language of 16M+ ppl.

Vote yes please
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many a4551d07c67f8cb8f0bc7fe6ec81a2511c77bf271bbdd61dc275cf77af82b0df yes

Notes:
Surely I did not presented every single information. The amount of it is insane. So if you got question, I will give you concrete information. Please check my previous posts as I said many things about my activities already before. For example there is facebook

Last edited:
Futher updates to details were made. I do rather focus on work than communicating some information to the infinity (for example last two days I am at Trezor Hackaton and there are many programers that had very little knowledge about Dash and now they know lot more of course...). For me the meaning of things is very important, I did provide specific information why this is important and this should get funded. I would like to continue with building greater base in coming months. I do want to start small and establish some good habits and learn from the experience.

I expect Dash to keep getting hunderds of new merchants in comming months because Evolution is slowly (but way faster than LN) coming. And as I said we have undercomunicated advantages that are someting many people could apreciate.

I like local efforts and you've put yourself in front of a group of people to talk Dash, which is a lot. The only thing I miss here is time. I'm ok with paying for kinda blurred things because certain things can't be detailed too much in advance, but some ideas about how long the money will last would be good. @alex-ru made a similar proposal long ago and I think that the results were great (although he had great results before the proposal too!).

I expect this proposal to take about 2 and half month. I will then be able to provide explicit information, metrics, partnerships and all kinds of stuff that will help with these issues anywhere in the future. It will be easier to reach these goals once we have stable partnerships and with ongoing develepement it will be easier to get more people. As I stated above, knowledge about dash is getting way better in my local territory, but to really move things forward will have the highest effect now.

One of the reasons why this proposal can't have everything explicit is because this is mostly a new territory for dash, we need to find different ways to achieve same goals as bitcoin does (merchant, ATMs adoption is harder for us) and that is what I want to achieve. Find new ways for dash to shine in pockets of thousand of new users.

In two days, I will publish some reflection of Trezor Hackaton & HCPP conference. Anyway, Hackers Congress is insanely great, greater attandance and impressive speakers. Seats are filled 100% on most famous speakers (there are more people at the same time in different rooms)

Back