• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Marketing & Communication (October)

The brand positioning phase is not completed yet. There is some work done on phase two, but very preliminary, so I would not be able to say if colors/logo will change a lot. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think the results will be public by December.

Hi Fernando!,

Do you have any update about the visual identity?.. I would like to know the progress

Regards!..

(PD: Pronto lo estaré contactando.)

Yes, influencer marketing is a powerful marketing strategy. Last month the network voted to fund Ben Swann for over a million dollars to deliver influencer marketing over 24 episodes of Reality Check and simultaneously create a model where journalists are no longer beholden to corporations who dictate what they can and cannot say.

But just because influencer marketing is powerful does not mean that targeted advertising is obsolete or being conducted by folks with poor judgement. I've personally built a multi-million dollar business using facebook ads. I do not think our customers clicked on the ad by mistake. They clicked on the ad because it was interesting to them (well targeted), well designed, and it took them to a service they were legitimately interested in and showed them a product that they actually wanted, and presented the value proposition in a way that was clear, concise, and ultimately ended in a sale.

Every day people are learning about cryptocurrencies from things they see on Google and Facebook and they are clicking ads because yes, they are interested. Everyone is interested in crypto right now. And I will tell you, Google and Facebook have about one billion times the reach of William Shatner :)

Yes, facebook has banned ads for cryptocurrencies. So what do we do? We adapt, fast. Our strategy is to immediately reframe Dash as a payment provider and run ads on Facebook strictly from a payments angle to drive merchant integrations which improve the ecosystem as a whole to a far greater extent than speculators, investors, and even hodlers. Can any of your influencers reach merchants with surgical precision?

Ogilvy has consistently ranked in the top 10 for PR firms in the world. I think enlisting them was a wonderful choice.

Dash is a very supportive community. One of the most supportive communities on earth, in fact. Many skilled and talented people are working very hard on many things here and their hard work is perhaps deserving of appreciation. Yes, we would like to hear what you have to say but please do not marginalize the efforts of the highly skilled marketers and PR masters (ogilvy) who are working on this thing from all angles. Dash is a team.

Last edited:
The synergies between Ben Swann and Dash are vast. It shows that Dash is not just some sponsor paying for a tweet but an entirely new model for real journalism by funding a mainstream media journalist who was literally censored off air for his truthful reporting of the most controversial topics. He has regularly talked about crypto, pays his staff in crypto, and is a champion of the decentralization movement which seeks to restore power to the people from the powers that be, just like Dash.

In terms of ROI, I'm trying to find the tweet / youtube videos from Shatner. It seems like the tweet was deleted and this is the youtube video?

Is there a tweet or youtube video you can direct us to other than these for the Shatner activation?

Last edited:

Hello Tungfa––

If we might inject a note of caution regarding a consumer-facing digital campaign.

These are early days in the adoption of crypto. Earlier still in marketing them. There is potential legal jeopardy we must be mindful of to protect the new brand.

SEC Chairman Jay Clayton: "I want to go back to separating ICOs and cryptocurrencies. ICOs that are securities offerings, we should regulate them like we regulate securities offerings. End of story."

Even though we are not in ICO phase, we still propose a conservative approach at this early stage of the brand's lifecycle. There's a balance to be found in the language/claims without raising any red flags, especially for a financial services brand.

Until SEC issues further guidelines on B2C marketing, wise counsel suggests the less direct approach of event sponsorship as a growth strategy toward merchant/consumer adoption.

Would love to hear your opinion on this.

Thank you!

Read again Ryan's post :) It is 180k usd (150k eur), not 200k. And of that, more than 70k usd (60k eur) is for actual campaigns.

I understand that you may had preferred another agency, but there is no way everyone would agree with the decision. We have talked to many, some of them in that smaller-more-hungry category you mention, and Ogilvy gave what we believe is the best proposal.

Hello Fernando––

If we might inject a note of caution regarding the proposed consumer-facing digital campaign.

These are early days in the adoption of crypto. Earlier still in marketing them. There is potential legal jeopardy we must be mindful of to protect the new brand.

SEC Chairman Jay Clayton: "I want to go back to separating ICOs and cryptocurrencies. ICOs that are securities offerings, we should regulate them like we regulate securities offerings. End of story."

Even though we are not in ICO phase, we still propose a conservative approach at this early stage of the brand's lifecycle. There's a balance to be found in the language/claims without raising any red flags, especially for a financial services brand.

Until SEC issues further guidelines on B2C marketing, wise counsel suggests the less direct approach of event sponsorship as a growth strategy toward merchant/consumer adoption.

Thank you!

Hello Tungfa––

If we might inject a note of caution regarding a consumer-facing digital campaign.

Thank you!

yes u are totally right
we re doing / starting this with ogilvy in a very conservative männern and are totally aware on possible legal “backlash” if “wrong” promoted
(lucky us - we are with the pros now)

reg general sponsorships ... that is all community based / budget system
and so far i do not see any issues there - mainnthing is we are not promoting “investments” we are promoting freedom in finances and the likes (and u are right we have to be careful there)

Hello, guys!

We are planning to launch advertising campaigns for Russian market in March. Also, Feedbands is launching global campaigns.
Who can we communicate in Ogilvy to collate our efforts to their general strategy and vision?

Thank you in advance!

@Household Name® -- According to recent communiques by Fernando, both the work done by O & M and an alternative will be revealed here on the forum within the next week or two, and there will be discussion and possibly voting by the Masternode Owners as to what the final choice will be.

@Household Name® -- According to recent communiques by Fernando, both the work done by O & M and an alternative will be revealed here on the forum within the next week or two, and there will be discussion and possibly voting by the Masternode Owners as to what the final choice will be.

Thanks for the update. Look forward to seeing/incorporating the new graphic standards. The DASH San Francisco Marathon would be a nice showcase.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...title-sponsor-official-payment-partner.28738/

Last edited:
Hi Ryan, we are an India-based payments company and have a license from the Reserve Bank of India. We are in the pre-proposal stage and will be launching support for Dash. Please refer to this thread - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-for-india.29735/

Since you are contracting O&M for brand & comms, I'm hoping to explore synergies since we will need to market the association when we launch.

Back