• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal for Testnet Contributors Fund

moli

Dear Members of the Dash Community,

As you all know we have witnessed an ongoing development of one of the greatest cryptocurrencies in history. We are fortunate to be involved with a wonderful team of talented developers who have been working tirelessly on this project. Also, many people contribute quietly in the background to this project unselfishly with their time and talents.

I have been part of this project since Aug. 4, 2014 because I would like to help with testing the software. I’ve never asked for money or favor for myself, but today I would like to ask the community for their support. Currently we still have about 1588 DASH available for projects, and if this amount of Dash is not allocated, it will be destroyed, will never be mined; this is part of the budget system design. I propose this amount go to Testnet contributors who helped with the infrastructure and testing for version 12. The names of testers for version 12 are on the OP of “V12 Release” thread: https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/.

To successfully test Dash enhancements, Testnet needs volunteers to install, manage and test Masternodes, faucets, block explorers, mining software and hardware, and end-user wallets on three different platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux). These cost both time and money. Currently, volunteers are paying these costs out of pocket and offering many hours of their time to test version after version of Dash software. During this testing I downloaded and installed version 12 over 150 times to test!

Many of our volunteers have helped with testing long before this most recent version. These people perform a crucial role testing each component of the project software before releasing to Mainnet and help make releases successful. Although these volunteers have remained quiet helpers, I would like to say “thank you” by compensating them to encourage their continued assistance and support. Please support these volunteers by voting “YES” to this initiative.

I will continue to help and support this project and would like to invite other members to join the testing team to be part of this exciting project. If the proposal is approved, I will present a spreadsheet with the pay plan that I’ve been working on. The compensation will be fair. Any feedback and suggestion will be welcomed. I am going to submit this proposal and will let you know how to vote soon.

Proposal has been submitted. The name of the proposal is "compensate-testers". The command to see all proposals is "mnbudget show". The command to see this proposal is "mnbudget getinfo compensate-testers". Please vote!

To vote from your wallet console, simply execute this command:

mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 yes

To vote from the command-line:

./dash-cli mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 yes

Thank you for your support!

EDIT: The spreadsheet for this pay plan has been sent to Evan.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so cool of you moli

Test-net really should be supported :-D

SUBMITTED
We know it right? Thank you MB. We're watching the most decentralized, democratic voting here because i am no whale and not associated with any whales.. lol....
I would love to see more people involved in testing and let's make a plan how we can help Testnet better! :)

For the general (non-Slack) public: http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html

Proposals.jpg

Yep, my scripts add new proposals automatically. I'm a lazy developer :smile:

I can support a portion of the mining for 2.5DASH a day - badly needed looking back at V12 - at times

Good idea here, moli... as Dash innovates with ever more cavalier enhancements, a robust testnet is essential.
As it is, we don't actually get to seriously test until mainnet, which is at minimum an inconvenience, and potentially worse to many.

I'm still trying to get that spreadsheet into view so i can put it up here.

I would like to ask testers to voice their experience with testnet, what they did, how they did... So please share your experience with Testnet to the community. Thank you :)

As flattering as it is to see my name on the list, I've got to pose a question. Would 4 grand a month be better spent on marketing or PR? I'm not saying that testing is not important, it certainly is. I have and will help test because it's the right thing to do not because of getting a few coins. Again, I'm not against the idea. I'd just like us to get our priorities in order by asking questions.

As flattering as it is to see my name on the list, I've got to pose a question. Would 4 grand a month be better spent on marketing or PR? I'm not saying that testing is not important, it certainly is. I have and will help test because it's the right thing to do not because of getting a few coins. Again, I'm not against the idea. I'd just like us to get our priorities in order by asking questions.
I guess you haven't checked the proposals that have been passed? On the wallet console, type: mnbudget show

The marketing team/ PR budget is:
"MonthlyPayment" : 2156.00000000,
"TotalPayment" : 215600.00000000,
"TotalPaymentCount" : 100,

I am very surprised you don't know. But there's nothing for Tesnet and testers.
If Testnet is not a priority then I don't know why we want to buy into this coin.
In other words, would you buy a piece of software that hasn't been tested or not tested well enough? I guess not?
As much as we tested this software we still have so many updates, just imagine the whole community would be the testers and not just a few testers that went through all the hard work to make your life easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually my name got on that list as well. I'm not sure I'm 'flattered', but I do appreciate a pat on the back. As far as receiving compensation, I don't need it; like yourself, I did and will participate in testing - it's beneficial to the long-term prospects of my investment.
I'm sure we'll get further clarification, but I suspect the figures presented are subject to change. For example, some people on the list may just stop testing and then receive nothing.
But there are aspects of testing that have to be there: we need hash for mining, clouds for MNs, a couple of faucets, block explorer, etc. - and these do cost somebody time and money.
And last but not least is moli, who submitted this proposal... we ought to show some respect here... she is pretty much on testnet 24/7, encouraging and helping other testers, keeping everyone informed, helping solve problems, and maintaining communication with our devs. She cares probably too much about this coin.

I vote YES because I am convinced that a properly funded testnet is essential to the ultimate success of Dash.

i am "flattered" as well to be listed under Testers
but we all know i am not a tester.
please take me off moli, tx appreciate this, but this is not my place to be
real testers + hardware are supposed to be on that list
(not posers like me)
:wink:

i am "flattered" as well to be listed under Testers
but we all know i am not a tester.
please take me off moli, tx appreciate this, but this is not my place to be
real testers + hardware are supposed to be on that list
(not posers like me)
:wink:
Evan put you on the list, check the OP of v12 thread.

Back