• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Evolution Development - Subcontractors (December)

Ryan Taylor

Foundation Member
This is a cross-post from www.dashcentral.org/p/evo-dev-gen-201611

This proposal provides continued funding for additional subcontracted development resources to accelerate the delivery of Evolution. The original proposal can be found here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-evolution-development-subcontractors.9736/

We are currently supporting 7 developers including one hourly, four part-time, and two full-time roles with these funds, beyond the funding provided by the core team budget - to help accelerate Evolution.

Requested funding is as follows for the December 4th budget cycle:
Total: 670.36 Dash

Note: Any unused funds from this Dash-Evolution development funding will be directed toward other development expenses.

Manually vote YES on this proposal:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 11a37ecd979f56f505db1c85c556d04e75d6807885cac5e4b39e8074756a572e yes
OR from the qt console:
mnbudget vote-many 11a37ecd979f56f505db1c85c556d04e75d6807885cac5e4b39e8074756a572e yes

Manually vote NO on this proposal:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 11a37ecd979f56f505db1c85c556d04e75d6807885cac5e4b39e8074756a572e no
OR from the qt console:
mnbudget vote-many 11a37ecd979f56f505db1c85c556d04e75d6807885cac5e4b39e8074756a572e no

It would occur to me that coding requires a high level of focus.
IF, part time devs are engaged, it should be for a certain and specific "module",
clearly described as such, and have a specific completion date for the contracted product.

Your proposal is not clearly described herein.

Does the DOTorg forum play 2nd fiddle to conversation held elsewhere ?

Gosh !
Why am I here ?

Interesting...
rc

IF, part time devs are engaged, it should be for a certain and specific "module",
clearly described as such, and have a specific completion date for the contracted product.

Gosh !
Why am I here ?

Interesting...
rc
@AndyDark

Gosh !
Why am I here ?

Interesting...
rc

How funding specifically gets allocated is beyond the purview of these forums, or the community at large, or even the voting MN owners... there is management in place to oversee this as well as many other day to day micro-decisions.

Gosh !
Why am I here ?

Interesting...
rc

Hi there

"IF, part time devs are engaged, it should be for a certain and specific "module","

We tend to do this when we outsource specific projects or 'modules' like you say.

This proposal is for the Evo team members who are all long term and currently working on different projects from Sentinel, DashDrive, integrations / payment processor development, Evo frontend development, DAPI libs, mobile and dash.org.

So one day an Evo dev might be contributing to dash.org renovation, the next day working on DAPI JS libraries, etc etc, and most have day jobs so the part time is evenings and weekends, not like we are contracting new devs just for individual projects (and evo devs / core devs can't make our own proposals). Therefore tying these devs to specific modules in a proposal wouldn't be possible

What's happening soon is a lot of things are converging to release around the core team's 12.1 release - we will also release e.g. new dash.org site, CoPay service for Dash, a merchant payment service we and sample kit (to get merchants onboarded easily with examples) which also releases evo and core devs from a range of projects so we can all focus on the Evo alpha. then in January we will have project plans where we can get a critical path together (like a roadmap i guess) so it would be easier to report in detail what everyone is working on month-to-month and what the targets are and how we are meeting them.

I didn't ask Ryan to make this proposal but if he's doing so it's probably because there's not enough budgeted in the core-team proposal or other proposals to keep the Evo team funded which had 2 new devs this month (@cofresi and @Obusco) and i should point out that the evo team is paying way below market rate (like 20% average probably) for the hours people are putting in. We need to keep this reward encouraging to keep the existing people motivated (with spending their spare time on this or fulltime for those of us who are) and to attract new devs.

So I would say please support this proposal, and future Evo dev proposals. We are coming up to the final phase of development to the first Evo version after a lot of hard work this year, and it's the developers who have to build this underneath all the other core and community proposals, my own opinion is we're really underspending on developers as a network right now, after Jan we would be wise to ramp this up and prioritize this to bring Evo launch as soon as possible, but that's for the network to think about :)

Andy

Last edited:

I don't intend to make a negative presentation, so pls excuse my inadequacy in control of english...

It is my opinion there should be a central focal point for DASH discussion.
Otherwise, interested persons may end up running all over the web for proper information, which may be contradicted in one place, or another.
Of course I realize discussion groups may splinter off for detailed discussion.

IF the DASH.org/forum is something less than the official site, should we consolidate some other place ?
It really would help to all be on the same page... lol .. in a decentralized kinda way ! :)

I would like to see DASH universally accepted, one fine day. Beneficial to all humanity, for efficient P2P value interaction.

To this end, I am adverse to the concept of a DASH "nation", which some may present as a sports team kinda fan club.
However, some geo-political power groups may deem this particular wording as subversive, and a threat to their system.
This could bring harsh, inordinate attention, which should be avoided. IMO.

IMO, crypto, by it's very nature, is in contradistinction to the powerful fiat banking system which has historically exerted a high level of global control.

It is my hope the DASH project will help amend this dire circumstance.
rc

It really would help to all be on the same page... lol .. in a decentralized kinda way ! :)
rc

Slack is one long chat room with DASH wallets.
Send DASH, share pictures, hyperlink, direct message.
Get DASH price quotes, + way more emoticons. With free archiving for communities ("in a decentralized kinda way")
By popularity Dash Nation became our Slack Channel's name. http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

How funding specifically gets allocated is beyond the purview of these forums, or the community at large, or even the voting MN owners... there is management in place to oversee this as well as many other day to day micro-decisions.

I can see that specific point as quite valid...

Best
rc

Back