• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal Discussion

Dash-Boarder

I am working on a proposal for the Dash Treasury for next month... At the cost of 5 DASH, it is getting pricey in USD. If a proposal is not approved, does it roll to the next voting period? Or, does a new proposal need to be made for the next period....

Anyone know?

Failed proposal, need to start over.

Don't rush into it. Enter into a discussion in the Pre-Proposals forum. Try and engage us. Be honest and transparent. Tell us about yourself and be open to change.

Failed proposal, need to start over.

Don't rush into it. Enter into a discussion in the Pre-Proposals forum. Try and engage us. Be honest and transparent. Tell us about yourself and be open to change.
GrandMasterDash just to raise a point, one can write a decent proposal and not get enough feedback from MNOs, so in that case what does one do?

GrandMasterDash just to raise a point, one can write a decent proposal and not get enough feedback from MNOs, so in that case what does one do?

Decent Proposal vs Exciting Proposal? I mean, it's a sales pitch. The heading needs to capture imagination within the first 30 characters.

Some proposals are too factual in their delivery. Needs good focus on people. I think many MNOs are looking for good character and passion; investing in someone that's going to deliver. Prove they are real (youtube vid / interviews?) and don't omit critical / important information.

Cheap as it is, name dropping probably helps.

Decent Proposal vs Exciting Proposal? I mean, it's a sales pitch. The heading needs to capture imagination within the first 30 characters.

Some proposals are too factual in their delivery. Needs good focus on people. I think many MNOs are looking for good character and passion; investing in someone that's going to deliver. Prove they are real (youtube vid / interviews?) and don't omit critical / important information.

Cheap as it is, name dropping probably helps.
Very informative thank you very much.

If it doesn't get approved you lose your money. If it gets approved you still lose your money, so add it to the proposal cost. TBH if you aren't getting consistently positive comments in the pre-proposal phase I suggest you hold off. It's a lot to lose. Unless you are completely dedicated to the cause perhaps, in which case I expect you wouldn't be worried about a few thousand dollars.

Thanks for the feedback everyone... I am working on a "proof of concept" with the website that will be tangible evidence of what the end result will be... I am confident that will get more traction was available in a few weeks. ;)

If it doesn't get approved you lose your money. If it gets approved you still lose your money, so add it to the proposal cost. TBH if you aren't getting consistently positive comments in the pre-proposal phase I suggest you hold off. It's a lot to lose. Unless you are completely dedicated to the cause perhaps, in which case I expect you wouldn't be worried about a few thousand dollars.
Food for thought, completely dedicated to the cause but down here in Africa proposal fee is a small fortune. I did include the proposal fee in my proposal but like I said feedback and proposal fee donations are
not forthcoming.

I wish I had seen this before I made a proposal, I've been away for the world cup and I may have rushed it a little but I'm going to post it in the forum here in the hopes that people might get talking about it.

@Dash-Boarder , a few other helpful suggestions:

1. Read through Strophy's posts about how to formulate a successful proposal: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/8-steps-to-a-successful-proposal.18377/

2. Here's a recent thread discussing what MNOs look for when evaluating proposals: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/what-do-mnos-look-for-when-voting.38988/

Also, something to consider--since I don't know anything else about your proposal--we have a smaller treasury for smaller proposals called Dash Boost which only has a 1 Dash proposal fee and is limited to a 10 Dash payout: https://dashboost.org/

Figured I'd just ask this here since starting a new thread for it would be overkill. I have a pre-proposal completely ready to post to the forum but this is technically my first post. Forum says I can only add links after 3 posts and I have an image that I attached to the post. Does that count as a link? I guess I could just find 2 other places to respond to get my 3 posts too :p

@Dash-Boarder , a few other helpful suggestions:

1. Read through Strophy's posts about how to formulate a successful proposal: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/8-steps-to-a-successful-proposal.18377/

2. Here's a recent thread discussing what MNOs look for when evaluating proposals: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/what-do-mnos-look-for-when-voting.38988/

Also, something to consider--since I don't know anything else about your proposal--we have a smaller treasury for smaller proposals called Dash Boost which only has a 1 Dash proposal fee and is limited to a 10 Dash payout: https://dashboost.org/
I didn't know about this site, thanks @Arthyron !

I didn't know about this site, thanks @Arthyron !

Sure thing, and to clarify, the limitations on payouts is currently based on what the total funding we have that month is, which depends on how much the community is donating. So the first month the total micro-treasury was 40 Dash, with 10 Dash maximum payouts per project, and this month the total was 60 Dash with 20 Dash payouts, so it varies from month to month based on how much has been donated.

A good pre-proposal might get donations towards the 5 dash proposal fee.

I like this because it shows how committed masternodes and the rest of the network are to ensure widespread adoption of Dash Currency. In Kenya and East Africa, we are just starting up with Dash..

Our first Dash Meetup coming up on 19th August and we expect to host about 30 people and tip about 10 with $5 of Dash each. We hope we will receive more guide in this community as we grow Dash Adoption in Kenya and East Africa.

I am working on a proposal for the Dash Treasury for next month... At the cost of 5 DASH, it is getting pricey in USD. If a proposal is not approved, does it roll to the next voting period? Or, does a new proposal need to be made for the next period....

Anyone know?
hello from spain. Interesting

Back