• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash's Very Own YouTube Show

amanda_b_johnson

It's time for Dash to have a killer YouTube channel – one which informs, one which entertains, and one which ultimately increases the value of a Dash.

I (Amanda B. Johnson) and my partner (Pete “the Manservant”s Eyre) would like approval and funding from the masternode network to assume custody of Dash's Youtube channel, which includes the publishing of a new series on it – “Dash's Very Own YouTube Show.” We are applying for three months of 123 Dash/superblock (~$1000 USD), and will apply again in three months if this proposal passes.

To achieve our goal of delivering relevant information in an entertaining way – and ultimately to increase the market capitalization of Dash – we will perform the following seven tasks:

1. Publish a new installment of Dash's Very Own YouTube Show every Wednesday – check out the pilot episode below! The show will have closed-captioning options in Russian, Chinese, German, Russian, Portuguese, and English (as provided via Google Translate or similar). Publish said show as a playlist at the top of YouTube.com/DashOrg.

2. Make YouTube.com/DashOrg the main, high-performing Dash channel by deleting the former channel (which is YouTube.com/DarkcoinTV). This will prevent splitting of views and subscriber counts, as well as preventing general confusion.
  3. Eventually, get YouTube.com/DashOrg to appear within the top three results of YouTube searches for both “Dash” and “Digital Cash.” This will involve tweaking some current video titles for SEO (search engine optimization), as well as adding more and/or relevant tags to them. All videos should also have custom thumbnail images featuring relevant keywords.
  4. “Verify” the channel (a phone number thing with Google) to enable in-video, clickable links that take viewers directly to pages on Dash.org – like the wallet download page and (eventually) Evolution account creation page.
  5. Incentivize merchants to accept Dash and/or offer discounts for Dash purchases by providing a free shout-out on Dash's Very Own YouTube Show (as in, “So-and-so just started accepting Dash – check out their website at So-SoStuff.com if you're in the market for Slinkies or ponies.”
  6. Drive viewer engagement – and ultimately affinity for Dash – by doing fun giveaways, contests, and user-submitted content on Dash's Very Own YouTube Show.
  7. Offer to send each video directly to viewers' email inboxes via subscription (which we will administer). Ideally, weekly video is also posted in the “News” section at Dash.org, allowing us to embed the Dash.org link directly within the email to increase traffic to the main site.

How will you measure whether we're succeeding – whether you ought to re-approve our proposal after three months? At that point, you should see the following:

- YouTube.com/DashOrg ranks higher on YouTube search results for “Dash” and/or “digital cash”
- increased video view counts
- increased visits to Dash.org
- increased wallet downloads and (eventually) Evolution signups
- and ultimately, an increased price of Dash

We hope you, the masternode network, will view this proposal as a unique and compelling way to increase the value of your collateral. This proposal's intent has been shared with current YouTube administrator tungfa, who reports that he'll provide us with login credentials to begin working if it's approved.

Please ask any questions you may have. Thank you, and we hope to become network employees!

To manually vote YES:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 0692b2c32f9ab8526128ff0c1f3c328578a23f750cec1ebcdd9b61082a8325fc yes

To manually vote NO:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 0692b2c32f9ab8526128ff0c1f3c328578a23f750cec1ebcdd9b61082a8325fc no

This will be great for our exposure on the web and for online engagement.
For anyone who is brand new here or unfamiliar with Amanda, her previous project, The Daily Decrypt, was quite successful and did a lot to inform the wider crypto community about DASH.
A no-brainer 'yes' on this one.

Good luck on this initiative!

P.S. I know there is a separate section for "Proposal Discussion", but, ya know, this area is the main water cooler, I'd say. Mea culpa.

I love the idea! I hope you get enough votes to push forward as this is exactly what I believe the purpose of the DGBB should have been from day #1.

With that being said; I do hope you take my "ideas" & "criticisms" with a smile because I'm only trying to help you set this project up for as much possible success as possible.

You could really hit a home-run with this as we've discussed in the past, but only if its organized properly and certain things are implemented such as a way to interact with the community in regards to each episode.

Some questions to consider:

Who will "own" this after you take it over? Is this a Dash project or an Amanda project?
Who will you "answer" to in regards to metrics, data and so forth?
Will you be sourcing any help from the community during this effort to build Dash's own youtube show? Or stick with the two man setup you guys have now?
How will this be monetized for Dash's benefit if at all?
Will it be monetized?

Will there be a dedicated website to this content?
Will you have social media accounts to manage in regards to specifically the youtube channel? Or let the main social Dash outlets handle it?
How will you harvest data and quantify it for us every month or every 3 months?

I will add some more in another post later, just keeping it chunked out for digestibility.

Thanks for going for this! I hope it completely exceeds my expectations.

Great initiative! :)
Some advices/wishes/... :

1. If some day your proposal is down-voted, Dash should keep all rights for all "paid" video shows (also, What is your @amanda_b_johnson opinion about this situation and perspectives/plans (including "salary/price") longterm...).
2. To concentrate not only on production, but on active distribution of these videos.
3. “Verify” the new Dash channel with somebody's from team member (Evan's?) phone, so team will keep full control over Dash official channel.
4. Publish English subtitles for each show - so we can quickly translate them to Russian, Chinese, ... by our local Translator teams - so make shows available Worldwide.
5. You can "hide" old Dash youtube channel, but please don't delete videos from there (keep old links alive forever) - there are a lot of publications/reposts of those videos that we don't control and can't change. Please let's keep them active/useful.
6. Please don't use http://coinhd.com/ and any other risky ways of promotion - we just got a "brand new" channel and have to keep it "trustable"...

Last edited:
@amanda_b_johnson I support this initiative and will vote yes.

I have also been thinking about a cool name for it. A name that represents Dash when you hear it, and one that kind of represents you with your travelling lifestyle.

"Dash Decentral" is a catchy name that represents both well, IMO. What do you think?

P.S. I know there is a separate section for "Proposal Discussion", but, ya know, this area is the main water cooler, I'd say. Mea culpa.
I like the proposal but not this part specifically. Moved to the appropriate sub-forum because, ya know, rules should be the same for everyone ;)
Good luck :)

I love the idea! I hope you get enough votes to push forward as this is exactly what I believe the purpose of the DGBB should have been from day #1.

With that being said; I do hope you take my "ideas" & "criticisms" with a smile because I'm only trying to help you set this project up for as much possible success as possible.

You could really hit a home-run with this as we've discussed in the past, but only if its organized properly and certain things are implemented such as a way to interact with the community in regards to each episode.

Some questions to consider:

Who will "own" this after you take it over? Is this a Dash project or an Amanda project?
Who will you "answer" to in regards to metrics, data and so forth?
Will you be sourcing any help from the community during this effort to build Dash's own youtube show? Or stick with the two man setup you guys have now?
How will this be monetized for Dash's benefit if at all?
Will it be monetized?

Will there be a dedicated website to this content?
Will you have social media accounts to manage in regards to specifically the youtube channel? Or let the main social Dash outlets handle it?
How will you harvest data and quantify it for us every month or every 3 months?

I will add some more in another post later, just keeping it chunked out for digestibility.

Thanks for going for this! I hope it completely exceeds my expectations.

Hi. Thanks for your questions. Here are the answers (also answered at DashWhale, as I see you posted the same questions there):

1. Who will "own" this after you take it over? Is this a Dash project or an Amanda project?

Not sure what you mean by "own." YouTube.com/DashOrg will be accessible to its current admin, tungfa, plus me and Pete, plus whomever else may also have access to it currently that I don't know about. Don't know what you mean by the second question.​

2. Who will you "answer" to in regards to metrics, data and so forth?

I will answer to the majority of the masternode network, as is the design of Dash.​

3. Will you be sourcing any help from the community during this effort to build Dash's own youtube show? Or stick with the two man setup you guys have now?

As a regular practice, no, I won't call upon anyone else's labor for something I myself am being paid to do. But ideas for new content have to be sourced from all sorts of different peoples' work all the time.​

4. How will this be monetized for Dash's benefit if at all?

You mean like YouTube ads paid in fiat to some bank account owned by a Dash user? Uhhh, no. The videos themselves should perform for us as the equivalent of ads. You don't put ads on ads. Nor will there be outside sponsorship.​

5. Will it be monetized?

See above.​

6. Will there be a dedicated website to this content?

No. We will direct all inquiries to Dash.org for more information, or if anyone wants to contact me, they can do so by emailing amanda @ dash (.) org.​

7. Will you have social media accounts to manage in regards to specifically the youtube channel? Or let the main social Dash outlets handle it?

I have no plans of opening any new social media accounts at this time. If that is something that the masternode network desires, however, I am certainly open to it.​

8. How will you harvest data and quantify it for us every month or every 3 months?

YouTube and the backend admins of Dash.org will do that for me. YouTube tracks view counts and subscribers, while any admin at Dash.org should be able to tell us whether a given video sent more traffic to the downloads page, for instance. I don't think I'll be given access to the backend of Dash.org, as the integrity of the wallet files is paramount and every person with access makes the whole thing less secure. Or something.

Additionally, I'll report back on the number of email subscribers. I guess you'll just have to trust me on that one, as people are invited to sign up simply by emailing me. If/when I get enough signups, I may begin using a mailer provider like MailChimp. At that point I can certainly provide screenshots of the mailers going out to verify how many people are on the list.​

Thanks!

Last edited:
@amanda_b_johnson I support this initiative and will vote yes.

I have also been thinking about a cool name for it. A name that represents Dash when you hear it, and one that kind of represents you with your travelling lifestyle.

"Dash Decentral" is a catchy name that represents both well, IMO. What do you think?
Fantastic, thanks for your 'yes' votes.

And I'm not a fan of "Dash Decentral," no. I'm certainly open to name suggestions if someone comes up with something that strikes me even better than Dash's Very Own YouTube Show, however.

Great initiative! :)
Some advices/wishes/... :

1. If some day your proposal is down-voted, Dash should keep all rights for all "paid" video shows (also, What is your @amanda_b_johnson opinion about this situation and perspectives/plans (including "salary/price") longterm...).
2. To concentrate not only on production, but on active distribution of these videos.
3. “Verify” the new Dash channel with somebody's from team member (Evan's?) phone, so team will keep full control over Dash official channel.
4. Publish English subtitles for each show - so we can quickly translate them to Russian, Chinese, ... by our local Translator teams - so make shows available Worldwide.
5. You can "hide" old Dash youtube channel, but please don't delete videos from there (keep old links alive forever) - there are a lot of publications/reposts of those videos that we don't control and can't change. Please let's keep them active/useful.
6. Please don't use http://coinhd.com/ and any other risky ways of promotion - we just got a "brand new" channel and have to keep it "trustable"...

I don't even believe in copyright, so certainly every video I ever make can remain on Dash's channel indefinitely, regardless of my employment status with the network. Copyright is a bully's fiction, in my opinion.
And longterm salary for Pete and me is the same as it is for everyone, I'd say: it's where the minimum price I'm willing to accept meets the maximum price the masternodes are willing to pay. :)

I am currently active on Reddit, always keen to post and comment there, but without active accounts on Twitter or Facebook. I'd also respond to comments in the Youtube comment section of each video. I don't see a compelling need to start yet another Dash-related Twitter or Facebook account. However, I am open to administering one or both of the existing accounts (Twitter's @dashpay and/or Facebook's Dash page) if the masternode network so desires. Or if you have another distribution method in mind other than what I've mentioned, do let me know.

I certainly don't want to give YouTube my phone number, so yes -- I'd prefer it be anybody else.'s :) However, simply verifying a YouTube account with your phone number doesn't give you exclusive control of its channel. This is how stupid YouTube is -- if its algorithms think your account is being accessed by an unauthorized person, they don't send a text to the "verified" phone number. They ask the suspicious person with the login credentials to simply provide their own phone number, receive a new text verification code, and voila! They're in. So it's all actually very stupid, but required to embed links to outside websites within the videos.

Are you suggesting that I only publish English subtitles, and that all other languages have a Dash user willing to immediately translate them? Please clarify.

Huh. I didn't know it was possible to "hide" a channel. Yes, that seems like a good suggestion and preferable. If it is possible to do what you say, I think it should be done. Thanks for that info.

If the content is high quality and unique, no weird promotional tools should be needed.

Thanks!

Will your first episode be titled, What is Dash? Followed by Why do you need Dash? and so on and so forth?

I guess I'm trying to ask, what will the content focus on? News? "Shows"? Education? Other?

Other than that you've given me some good answers and I responded to them on DashWhale, also clarified my "2nd" question over there too.

Are you suggesting that I only publish English subtitles, and that all other languages have a Dash user willing to immediately translate them? Please clarify.
I mean that we need good (not "automatically created") English subtitles as a base for translation to other languages.
I think that good way is:
1. to use automatic translated subtitles for Russian, Chinese, ... languages immediately when you will publish you videos
2. and then we will replace them with new subtitles (translated by people) as soon there will be ready.

Huh. I didn't know it was possible to "hide" a channel. Yes, that seems like a good suggestion and preferable. If it is possible to do what you say, I think it should be done. Thanks for that info.
I mean that we can make our old channel "not beautiful-atractive" (remove all playlists, designs and so) - so it won't compete with new channel. But don't delete old videos themselves (to keep old video-links still active).

Sorry for my bad English and misunderstanding it may cause. :)

Absolutely Yes on this proposal, and Welcome back @amanda_b_johnson . Daily decrypt was Really fantastic, I hope you can achieve more in DASH project ~ Big fan from China;)

yep, like @alex-ru said,you can leave the translation work to the community, alex can handle Russian, me Chinese and Japanese. ~ more accurate than Google translate .

I would support Amanda B. Johnson and Pete Eyre presenting a weekly DASH Youtube segment.
Their work under the Daily Decrypt label has always been attractive, informative, and entertaining, not to mention, consistently improving !
They would bring substantial benefit to DASH.

I would caution against using "employee/employer' usage in regards to any such service.
This is by contract, and all language should be according with that status.
All rights should be retained by DASH. (Perhaps the Johnson/Eyre team might contract for residuals from Youtube payouts, payable in DASH ???)

Of course, budget/funding requests must be submitted to the MN voters for approval, yet a Marketing Project Supervisor should be appointed as project manager for this endeavor to ease the workload of the MN operators in over-seeing details.

Outsourced improvement in CC work as suggested could significantly increase production workload.

I would very much like to see Closed Captioning in Espanol, if not a series conducted in Espanol.

Best
rc

Will your first episode be titled, What is Dash? Followed by Why do you need Dash? and so on and so forth?

I guess I'm trying to ask, what will the content focus on? News? "Shows"? Education? Other?

Other than that you've given me some good answers and I responded to them on DashWhale, also clarified my "2nd" question over there too.

As the proposal states in the first line, the show's goals are to inform, entertain, and make value propositions. The first episode is the pilot.

Back