Proposal: Dash World - Private & Secure Communications with DASH as Payment Processor

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
@DCruz -- Assuming the same number of masternodes, the ROI per MN decreases at 7% annually. At the same time, increase in MN number lowers the ROI. The anticipated growth in DASH/USD would offset this decrease.
This is another discrepancy I have with your vision, GG.
Anticipation/anticipate is pretty darned close to assumption/assume.

... I need not do the breakdown on that one, right ?

Is there documentation of many, many people clamoring for their locale to be properly served by DASH ?

The question I might have, would be, at what capacity is the present node system functioning ?
Is there a need, at this present time, to increase carrying capacity of the network ?

Or, would new additions to the MN tier be geographically placed in under-served physical locations along with a public awareness campaign to generate usage for the benefit of the populace in that portion of the globe ?

Tnx GG !
rc

GreyGhost

Foundation Member
Jun 4, 2014
Santa Monica, CA
@rustycase -- we can now enter a totally different discussion about USG and the world as a whole. I am very familiar with James Howard Kunstler and his work and share some of his outlook. However, the arrival of crypto has given me a new lease on life and hope. As we've seen recently, "hope" is nothing but balderdash without active work, fight, efforts...

This 15 seconds long video and the message Chomsky has bestowed on us, describes what I believe in in the most succinct way:

@halso , @Miner237 -- give me a day or two please. For the reasons unknown I want my friend in Monaco to be the first to receive the material. It will happen later today or, at latest, tomorrow. Then I will give / send the material to anyone somehow recognizable (i.e. not to a new forum accounts) who PM me with a request and an e-mail address. I will than we-transfer the files to that e-mail or will e-mail it. I do not want the files to be on some easily accessible server for it contains private e-mail addresses and phone numbers and I do not want that to be slurped by all sort of bots...

Last edited:
Reactions: rustycase

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
Much like the oft-repeated Iris proposals...

I think this would be a good Optional Proportional Service on it's own chain. Perhaps the best idea currently tabled to pilot tthe notion of Optional Proportional Services. But, not as a core function of DASH as money. Money doesn't need to have communication in it. If my $20 bill started telling me everywhere it's been, I'd be kinda freaked out... And depending on the type of business, I sure as fuck don't want comms tied to the TX. Why bother mixing?

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
@rustycase -- we can now enter a totally different discussion about USG and the world as a whole. I am very familiar with James Howard Kunstler and his work and share some of his outlook. However, the arrival of crypto has given me a new lease on life and hope. As we've seen recently, "hope" is nothing but balderdash without active work, fight, efforts...

This 15 seconds long video and the message Chomsky has bestowed on us, describes what I believe in in the most succinct way:
Hello GG,

I'm glad to hear you have found renewall in crypto...

I've always been reluctant to accept standards others may impose upon me.

:)
rc

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
With all due respect, I don't like the idea of funding outside development with big money interests who may begin to get a foothold in Dash, like they did with Bitcoin. Also, I believe Dash will have messaging built into Evolution, so private messaging and payments, etc... will be easily done within the Evolution wallet. Thus I don't see the point of this.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing. I'm sorry if that's so. I'll keep reading comments. This does sound a lot like QuantumExplorer's proposal, only his is more conservative. He proposes to research the feasibility of using the MN network as a VPN/TOR hybrid system.

Last edited:

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
With all due respect, I don't like the idea of funding outside development with big money interests who may begin to get a foothold in Dash, like they did with Bitcoin.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing.
As a Newbie, I am quite confused about all this.
From what I can tell, (interpret), mining is dependent upon 1) hardware, 2) cheap electricity rates, 3) surplus capital of investors.

To extrapolate further, most hardware is sourced from the global mega-manufacturer.
Electric rates are controlled, and perhaps allocated, and even subsidized, by the political power within that global mega-manufacturing state.
Many of today's largest wealth holders are within that mega-manufacturing state.

Hence, 90% to 94% of btc is controlled where those three elements are present.
(The growth, power, and influence of the dragon is something we have never seen before. I am unable to fully comprehend the huge numbers used in describing it's measurement.)

There is a growing suspicion sneaking up on me that the entire crypto marketplace is influenced, if not controlled, by the predominance of these factors.

I have read where DASH was meant to be ASIC resistant. Perhaps that will make a difference ?

And all the above is simple observation by a Newbie.
If you are able to demonstrate I am incorrect, or flawed in my observation, I would be quite pleased to review your presentation.

Best
rc

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
As a Newbie, I am quite confused about all this.
From what I can tell, (interpret), mining is dependent upon 1) hardware, 2) cheap electricity rates, 3) surplus capital of investors.

To extrapolate further, most hardware is sourced from the global mega-manufacturer.
Electric rates are controlled, and perhaps allocated, and even subsidized, by the political power within that global mega-manufacturing state.
Many of today's largest wealth holders are within that mega-manufacturing state.

Hence, 90% to 94% of btc is controlled where those three elements are present.
(The growth, power, and influence of the dragon is something we have never seen before. I am unable to fully comprehend the huge numbers used in describing it's measurement.)

There is a growing suspicion sneaking up on me that the entire crypto marketplace is influenced, if not controlled, by the predominance of these factors.

I have read where DASH was meant to be ASIC resistant. Perhaps that will make a difference ?

And all the above is simple observation by a Newbie.
If you are able to demonstrate I am incorrect, or flawed in my observation, I would be quite pleased to review your presentation.

Best
rc
I don't know the actual plan, but if an outside interest like Blockchain Info and MIT does for Bitcoin, comes in and starts messing with the code to make Dash do things, they might creep in deeper and deeper into the system and start demanding things go a certain way. Maybe it can't be done, and Dash is fully resistant to this, but I get this fear when I see big money wanting to make Dash do something. Now if this were all done outside, using the future DAPI, that'd be fine with me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this proposal though :) Not much time left though.

Oh, and Rusty, from the very beginning, Evan stated that he wanted to make this coins ASIC resistant to buy it time to grow, like Bitcoin grew. From CPU to GPU and FPGA (didn't happen ) to ASICs He was hoping for 2 years, and got almost 2 and a half. Nothing is ASIC proof. ASICs are coming in at a slow enough rate that nobody has control (50+%) of the network. ASICs increase the hash rate so much that things like bot nets have no chance at overwhelming the system.

Aside from that, with evolution, unless plans have changed??, was going to make all transactions pass through a MN quorum, so that Miners will not have the choice of what to include in a block. They can exclude, but not include things not previously locked.

So in this way, even if there were miners with more than 50% of the hash rate, it will be attack proof.

Last edited:

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
Tnx !
If this is so, it does sound good.
Gosh there is so much I need to learn !
Best
rc

No more 'rapping my head around things... done that too much already!

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
@Comodore ... If I were politically incorrect perhaps it would be appropriate to declare the source and motivation of this attack ???

I do have, and read their book. Enough said.

It's the Dragon I don't yet understand.

Best
rc

Last edited: